Currently the developers are putting their own money into JC2-MP to keep the servers online.

Please take a few seconds of your time and disable your AdBlock plugin for our website.

Ad revenue is not going to developers, it is used purely for covering our hosting costs.

You are also free to donate, which removes all ads from our website!

RT @justcause: Take a break from whatever you might be doing, with this fun Just Cause 2 Multiplayer Mod video! https://t.co/wRDUXFcrV1 @jc…

2 weeks ago

July 30, 2014, 09:13:05 pm

Author Topic: JC2-MP Progress Report  (Read 25565 times)

jaxm

• JC2-MP Developer
    • View Profile
JC2-MP Progress Report
« on: October 05, 2012, 08:13:44 pm »
UPDATE: We've implemented a new feature that we just couldn't wait to show off! Enjoy  :)

In this video you can see we have added in sync for the Stunt and Cling positions on the vehicles that have them. To our surprise having players in these positions actually affect the handling of the vehicle. In the video you can see some incredibly sharp turns being done with Trix assisting me by leaning into the corners!

Original Post:
Hey guys just wanted to post and fill you in on some of the exciting features we’ve been working on this past month and bring you up to speed on what you can expect for our next beta!

Restructured, refactored and remastered! The core that is our player sync has been completely ripped apart and rewritten, using a much more intelligent system which is better suited to Just Cause 2. On top of this we’ve also synchronized the stunt position on the top of vehicles, the current weather ( which can be set via the Lua script ) and we’ve further perfected and fine tuned the time of day related sync. The following images show off some of these features.

Furthermore there has been many minor bug fixes and code improvements across the board, we even improved the quality of the vehicle steering sync. With this the vehicles now turn smoother and no longer produce big bursts of tire smoke while driving around corners.

Now as for when we’re going to be running another beta test, we would love to run another beta next weekend ( Saturday 13th October ). However there is still massive amounts of internal testing that we need to go through before we can commit to another beta weekend. We would also really like to address the degrading performance induced by our current implementation of the player chatbox and our current method of rendering player name tags.

Check back for more information throughout the week!
« Last Edit: August 31, 2013, 10:09:04 pm by Woet »

CA3D0

• View Profile
Re: JC2-MP Progress Report
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2012, 08:16:30 pm »
awesome!

are parachutes part of the stunt sync?

mandella644

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2012, 08:29:40 pm »
Thanks so much for the images, jaxm! Now I have something to drool over while I wait for the next beta test! ;D

Woet

• JC2-MP Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2012, 08:44:56 pm »
awesome!

are parachutes part of the stunt sync?

No, they are unrelated.

AngryRob

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2012, 08:51:01 pm »
Awesome job devs! and thanks for the update, this is really great stuff :D

buddah

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2012, 09:12:29 pm »
Impressive, I can't wait to test it en mass  8)

mandella644

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2012, 09:26:52 pm »
But what happens if I stunt jump onto someone's vehicle when there's already someone standing on it?

dab88

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2012, 10:22:53 pm »
I love the way the devs are so open to revealing progress- I think it's really important to sustain any kind of community around the mod.

On the surface it looks like minor improvement in the way of stunt position sync, but by the sound of things, even more has been done.

I've only participated in the last two tests, but what I can say from those experiences is that the small incremental improvement from one to the next, led to vastly superior gameplay. I'm sure if the devs have really done such extensive work/rework then the next beta, whenever that may be, will again see even better gameplay than before. This is a very exciting prospect!

dreadmullet

• JC2-MP Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2012, 11:39:04 pm »
But what happens if I stunt jump onto someone's vehicle when there's already someone standing on it?

There is only one person allowed in stunt jump position at a time. If you try to jump or grapple onto the stunt position when someone is already there, it just doesn't work.

Clinging (stunt jumping onto the front/back of some cars) is not synced. Players appear to glitch out when they do so.

What the devs didn't mention was that a few long term bugs have been fixed, like one player getting stuck in the driver's seat. Now when this happens, the offending player is booted out.

mandella644

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2012, 11:44:23 pm »

There is only one person allowed in stunt jump position at a time. If you try to jump or grapple onto the stunt position when someone is already there, it just doesn't work.

Clinging (stunt jumping onto the front/back of some cars) is not synced. Players appear to glitch out when they do so.

What the devs didn't mention was that a few long term bugs have been fixed, like one player getting stuck in the driver's seat. Now when this happens, the offending player is booted out.

I assume clinging will help add more positions, so that when I grapple to someone's vehicle when there's already someone standing on it I will automatically be assigned to an available clinging position.

biolaser

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2012, 12:31:10 am »
I have a quick question if your improving the vehicles.

Would it be possible to be able to attack from passenger seats like the soldiers in singleplayer do?

http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/920115767400536603/6406CC2F755DFE3764D4EC37A762F6C339DC78E4/

ButtScab

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2012, 12:49:01 am »
so no test 2morrow  :(

mandella644

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2012, 01:13:24 am »
I have a quick question if your improving the vehicles.

Would it be possible to be able to attack from passenger seats like the soldiers in singleplayer do?

http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/920115767400536603/6406CC2F755DFE3764D4EC37A762F6C339DC78E4/

I'm sure this feature would require a fair amount of scripting, but if the Devs feel as though the time would be worth it, it will be considered. It would be fun to defend your friend's vehicle while in the passenger seat, though. In my opinion, it would be a great feature to put some time into scripting later on in development, though there are other features that need to be focused on first.

rui_troia

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 06, 2012, 02:56:26 am »
Thanks for the pictures!

Tycoonman500

• JC2-MP Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 06, 2012, 03:19:36 am »
Wow. I like the new features, and yesterday mandella asked me what I would like to happen when you try to stunt jump when someone else is already stunt jumping. We both said the same thing, and that is what is actually happening!