Currently the developers are putting their own money into JC2-MP to keep the servers online.

Please take a few seconds of your time and disable your AdBlock plugin for our website.

Ad revenue is not going to developers, it is used purely for covering our hosting costs.

You are also free to donate, which removes all ads from our website!

Patch 0.3 was just released! Full changelog here: https://t.co/4A50m6IKen

2 years ago

Advertisement
October 15, 2019, 08:40:40 am

Author Topic: JC2 Camhack  (Read 87075 times)

Darwood37

• Donator
    • View Profile
Re: JC2 Camhack
« Reply #255 on: July 20, 2014, 02:36:18 am »
This is excellent and all those screen shots you guys took look damn good, well done.

Medeiros

• View Profile
JC2 Camhack doesn't work w/ 1.0.0.2 2015
« Reply #256 on: April 02, 2015, 02:52:32 am »
It seems I'm late to the party... well, I started playing Just Cause 2 (singleplayer) a few days ago and I'm loving it! I will definitely try the multiplayer in a near future.

I searched for some mods and found issues with this one and BOLOPatch. I've done my research and the latter simply doesn't work with the latest version and it needs to be downgraded to 1.0.0.1 for it to work... I've searched and all links to the downgraded exe are dead... which brings me to this camera hack, which is what I really want since BOLOPatch's features are present in trainers and mods but there's no other camhack as far as I know.

I start my Just Cause 2 through Steam, and while I'm in-game I run the Injector.exe which is in the same folder as jc2cam-fatfree.dll and I get the following error:

"Failed to allocate 0x3B bytes in process!"

And here's what's in the hack's log.txt:
Code: [Select]
2012-Nov-24 19:03:31: Just Cause 2: Camtool (99% fat free!), compiled on Nov 10 2012 at 14:31:08
2012-Nov-24 19:03:31: [DLL] Attached
2012-Nov-24 19:03:31: [ERROR] Cannot use the camhack in JC2-MP! Shutting down!

Now here's what I think are the probable causes: it's either that the camhack simply doesn't work in 1.0.0.2 (Steam) or it is something with the OS I'm using (Windows 8.1 Pro) and/or my PC (specs: http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=npmUyhAa).

I'm sorry for reviving this 8-month old thread (and I just noticed the last reply was on my birthday :P) but I'd really like some help. Perhaps the mod's creator can update it or at least can someone give me a working link to a 1.0.0.1 exe? Any help is appreciated!  :)

Philpax

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: April 02, 2015, 10:41:30 am »
That's odd - it should work fine. Can you see if JC2-MP launches? It uses a similar method of injection, so if that works we can start to diagnose the issue.

Medeiros

• View Profile
JC2 Camhack now works in Windows 8.1!
« Reply #258 on: April 02, 2015, 04:21:26 pm »
Thanks for the reply!

Yes, I just installed JC2-MP and it launched without any problem. I tried launching this hack in it, I got the same "Failed to allocate 0x3B bytes in process!" error.  :-\

--- Edit (03/04/2015) ---
I got it to work! I moved the camhack contents to my dropzone folder (probably not necessary), right-clicked on the Injector.exe, sent it to the Desktop as a shortcut, right-clicked it and changed the properties to force it to "Run as adminstrator" and it works like a charm now. :)

It seems like every issue in Windows 8.1 is solved by simply running stuff as an admin, lol.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2015, 08:30:26 pm by Medeiros »

MrZunz

• View Profile
« Reply #259 on: December 23, 2015, 08:57:57 am »
Any chance you are able to make the same thing for Just Cause 3? Would love to get some screenshots from Medici without Rico in it!