Currently the developers are putting their own money into JC2-MP to keep the servers online.

Please take a few seconds of your time and disable your AdBlock plugin for our website.

Ad revenue is not going to developers, it is used purely for covering our hosting costs.

You are also free to donate, which removes all ads from our website!

Patch 0.3 was just released! Full changelog here: https://t.co/4A50m6IKen

4 weeks ago

June 23, 2017, 07:19:30 pm

Author Topic: Testing is over! And a note for pirates.. [8th of July]  (Read 76973 times)

Woet

• Developer
    • View Profile
Testing is over! And a note for pirates.. [8th of July]
« on: July 08, 2012, 10:03:49 pm »
Thank you for testing! We got many useful crash reports that we are going to process and fix. Once we think most should be fixed, there will be another test which will be announced everywhere. This third public test has already shown a massive improvement in stability. There have been way less crashes and with the new launcher, a lot more people were able to join.

People with pirated copies have most likely noticed that they can play the betas without any issues. This is on purpose. We want to have as many crash reports as possible to improve the mod. However, when the mod is officially released, nearly all servers will require you to have a legit copy of the game. This is mainly to allow the server owners to ban by steam ID - completely blocking ban evasion and preventing cheaters from ruining the game again once banned.

This is why we ask you to buy JC2. Not just to be able to play JC2-MP, but to support the huge investment and costs involved in putting out a title like this. The freeroam, features and chaos in JC2 are simply unbeaten by any other game and the game is worth every single penny. The game has already dropped from 50 euro to below 10 euro, there is simply not an excuse to keep pirating it. Remember: you can buy it anywhere, any legitimate copy is added to Steam. This includes retail copies and sites besides Steam itself. Support the developers and BUY THE GAME!

Thank you for testing and I hope to see you next time.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2012, 06:36:34 pm by Woet »

Pushy3

• View Profile
Re: Testing is over! And a note for pirates..
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2012, 10:08:48 pm »
The Testing was great and i hope there will be a server tool with the full release and an ingame server browser. That would be awesome.

LabRat

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2012, 10:19:11 pm »
I had a blast with the little time I got to play it.  ;D But I have to ask. How long are we going to have to wait before a final release?  :-\

mekkemi

• View Profile

NMZero

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2012, 10:47:37 pm »
Thank you so much for giving us that opportunity to play online together. I was in awe over how stable it was in general. You guys are the best.  8)

Woet

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2012, 10:50:24 pm »
http://www.shacknews.com/file/32264/just-cause-2-multiplayer-open-beta-10 is this legit?

It seems legitimate, but since the test is over there is no point in downloading the old client.
When there is a new test it will come with a new client, downloadable through our website.

mekkemi

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2012, 10:57:46 pm »
oh cool, i didnt know there were tests, i missed them  :-[
soo looking forward to this!

Mikfail

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2012, 11:35:50 pm »
I miss it already! client is lil unstable but there were a few times I got a multi hour session in before crash.

Really looking forward to the next test and for this mod to succeed!

Capitao_Pega_do_Pantano

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2012, 12:02:55 am »
When is next test coming ?  ???

Czar

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2012, 12:44:19 am »
This is by far one of the best mods in the history of PC gaming. The JC2-MP devs are making history. The testing was smooth and ran well. I can't wait for the improvements made in further testing.

ARCTIC_EAGLE

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2012, 01:14:34 am »
This is one of the few games that is actually worth $60, I got it last year for $7.50 on a steam sale and, wow, its the best money I've ever spent on a video game. If, or when, JC3 comes out I'll pay $60 for that if its even 1/2 as good as JC2. Pirates, please get the game or wait for the upcoming steam sale and get it for really cheap, its worth it.

Wanderer5

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2012, 01:42:45 am »
Can't wait for the next test. ;D This is a pretty cool mod that has a lot of potential.

ns1234--tuffstuff

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2012, 01:54:34 am »
where can i download the mod ?

ASCII

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 09, 2012, 02:10:38 am »
Nowhere. The tests are over.

sparcopt

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 09, 2012, 03:20:06 am »
Looking forward for the next test!