Currently the developers are putting their own money into JC2-MP to keep the servers online.

Please take a few seconds of your time and disable your AdBlock plugin for our website.

Ad revenue is not going to developers, it is used purely for covering our hosting costs.

You are also free to donate, which removes all ads from our website!

Patch 0.3 was just released! Full changelog here: https://t.co/4A50m6IKen

2 years ago

Advertisement
October 20, 2019, 02:35:48 am

Author Topic: Dogfighting tournament  (Read 2467 times)

CasimirIII

• View Profile
Dogfighting tournament
« on: March 19, 2013, 08:41:10 pm »
Hey guys!

I've been kind of keen on creating some kind of bracket-related event, what with march madness and all. Recently I thought up a little one-on-one dogfighting tournament that I think would be pretty cool. I don't have it all quite planned out yet but I want to see how much interest there would be for this kind of thing if I did end up creating it.

I'll post rules and that kind of thing assuming there is enough people who want to be part of the tournament.

Cobboolio

• View Profile
Re: Dogfighting tournament
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2013, 08:47:30 pm »
Good idea :)
Also maybe big team dogfights as well as one-on-one? I guess friendly fire would be one issue...
« Last Edit: March 19, 2013, 08:49:01 pm by Cobboolio »

HackOsourusRex

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2013, 09:29:18 pm »
Definitely team Dogfights too. I would have a lot of fun personally and maybe others would too. https://static.jc-mp.com/forums/Smileys/default/cool.gif

rui_troia

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2013, 12:32:58 am »
Make squad v.s. squad of planes, i'd love to watch.

mandella644

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2013, 02:16:06 pm »
I like this idea as well. Dogfighting in JC2 was nonexistant, though it appears to have been planned and possibly functional in the alpha build, it's really an exciting privilege to be able to partake in areal duels in the MP mod. :)

Soul

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2013, 04:03:30 pm »
I've already had some good dogfighting experience at the MHC, only issue being client-side damage not being transferred to server and then to the others client, but I got to use some tricks like loops and barrel-rolls. This tournament is easily arranged and played out since we now have /buy for an infite spawn of planes and /woet gives us our private runways to take off :3. I will kick everyone's asses >:3

Edit: The Pie Island Shuttle will also know what I am talking about >:D

SubZer0

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2013, 05:11:58 pm »
I've already had some good dogfighting experience at the MHC, only issue being client-side damage not being transferred to server and then to the others client, but I got to use some tricks like loops and barrel-rolls. This tournament is easily arranged and played out since we now have /buy for an infite spawn of planes and /woet gives us our private runways to take off :3. I will kick everyone's asses >:3

Edit: The Pie Island Shuttle will also know what I am talking about >:D

My thoughts exactly. If the damage isn't synced, it might get complicated...

Sandwich247

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2013, 10:54:59 pm »
I like this idea as well. Dogfighting in JC2 was nonexistant, though it appears to have been planned and possibly functional in the alpha build, it's really an exciting privilege to be able to partake in areal duels in the MP mod. :)

It it against the law for me to say:

"An excellent statement..."

JeTLaGGeD

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2013, 03:19:04 am »
Not a bad idea... Not bad at all!  8)