Currently the developers are putting their own money into JC2-MP to keep the servers online.

Please take a few seconds of your time and disable your AdBlock plugin for our website.

Ad revenue is not going to developers, it is used purely for covering our hosting costs.

You are also free to donate, which removes all ads from our website!

Patch 0.3 was just released! Full changelog here: https://t.co/4A50m6IKen

2 years ago

Advertisement
July 16, 2019, 10:46:49 pm

Author Topic: Panau Police Mod  (Read 19018 times)

mandella644

• View Profile
Panau Police Mod
« on: January 10, 2013, 03:10:54 pm »
Greetings fine people of JC2-MP!

A good friend of mine, JTH, has been slaving over quite possibly the (second) best mod ever created for Just Cause 2 for over a month. It is basically a mod that beefs up the Panuan Police Force to a massive extent. They now drive a variety of life-like police vehicles, and will stop at nothing until Rico is dead. We can guarantee 100% fun for you and Rico while you dodge bullets, steal police cars, and go on the ride of your life!

Remember, this mod is not complete, but it will be updated periodically as JTH, CoconutFred, and I create new features for the mod.

Here is a list of the vehicles that are featured in this mod:
  • Police Sakura Aquila, added 2 back seats, brand new skin, sirens, added cling stunt positions
  • Police Sakura Aquila Undercover, added 2 back seats, brand new skin, sirens, added cling stunt positions
  • Police SWAT Truck (Uses JTH Monster Wheels), added 2 back seats, brand new skin, sirens
  • Police Hamaya GSY650, we are currently working on a back seat, brand new skin
  • Wilforce (Uses JTH Monster Wheels), brand new skin
  • Skeeter Hawk is added via heatspawn.bin, brand new skin

I bet you're begging for a download link right now. Well, here you go!
http://justcause2mods.com/mods/other/Miscellaneous/Panau-Police-Mod/

Here are the files for the alpha Chinese Police mod by CoconutFred that you can download. These will be integrated into the mod later once CoconutFred is happy with the models.
http://justcause2mods.com/images/fbfiles/files/police_alpha.rar

Everything goes in the dropzone. Place all of the lose files in the Panau Police mod download folder in dropzone, and if you have have zxz's blackmarket mod, put the contents of the folder entitled 'USING zxz blackmarket' into the dropzone folder.

Enjoy the mod everyone! If you have any questions, comments, or concerns; please post them here. :)

« Last Edit: January 11, 2013, 02:49:44 am by mandella644 »

Exci

• View Profile
Re: Panau Police Mod
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2013, 06:42:39 pm »
Looks nice but to be honest the cars don't look like something that you would find in panau (in my opinion).

Soul

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2013, 06:44:29 pm »
One of the better mods around, nice job and keep up the good work :D

leaderlord

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2013, 07:12:05 pm »
great now i can arrest people...

mandella644

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2013, 07:14:39 pm »
Looks nice but to be honest the cars don't look like something that you would find in panau (in my opinion).

That's really the point. JTH didn't like the kind of police that you would find in Panau, so he made his own police force, backed up by CoconutFred's amazing police models. :)

One of the better mods around, nice job and keep up the good work :D

Thanks a lot! A lot of work has gone into this, and JTH, CF, and I really appreciate that! :D

great now i can arrest people...

Keep in mind this mod is singleplayer only for now. Maybe when servers become privately owned, the mod will be used for some cops-and-robbers game mode. Please step out of the vehicle, Mr. Rodriguez. 8)

Urik

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2013, 08:08:29 pm »
Well, it would make sense to have option for the mods to be downloaded from server to clients upon connect, if it's something devs could code in.

mandella644

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2013, 08:46:13 pm »
Well, it would make sense to have option for the mods to be downloaded from server to clients upon connect, if it's something devs could code in.

I think the Devs talked on that subject briefly after the first few open betas, when people were wondering why their mods weren't working. They said that there will be various servers post-release that have mods enabled, I believe. It's all up to server owners, really.

Cross888

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2013, 09:10:33 pm »
Are you able to create a mod that allow rico to enter back passanger seats? Just like in MP...

mandella644

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2013, 09:22:34 pm »
Are you able to create a mod that allow rico to enter back passanger seats? Just like in MP...

Jaxm is keeping his mouth shut about how he did it, but we're trying our best to figure it out independently at the moment. He kindly gave us this awhile back:

It's actually much more simple than that, each seat is independent of one another; you could sit in the back left or right seat regardless of whether or not the front seats are taken, so as the screenshot of the heli indicates, you can see the 'E' over the back right hand seat, rather than the front seat. The only difference between the seats is that whomever built the vehicles made it so that the player couldn't interact with the back seats, I merely re-enabled the interface so that you can enter them like the front passenger seat.

However the screenshot I posted earlier in this thread of me sitting in the passenger seat of the Pell Silverbolt was my test of trying to add additional seats to vehicles. By default the Pell Silverbolt doesn't have a passenger seat, I actually replicated the passenger seat from the Cassius and repositioned it manually on the Pell Silverbolt.

...but that didn't reveal too much, so we're still trying to figure things out on our own. :)

Irkalla

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2013, 12:35:25 am »
If I had to guess, I'd assume that each seat was a separate vehicle somehow attached to the primary vehicle.

mandella644

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2013, 12:54:27 am »
If I had to guess, I'd assume that each seat was a separate vehicle somehow attached to the primary vehicle.

No, seats are part of the vehicle's initial code, and have to be added manually by pasting code from other vehicles and adjusting world values. Some vehicles have 1 seat, some have 2, some have 4, etc.

For a complete guide to JC2 vehicle seating, check out: http://jcmpseating.wordpress.com/guide-to-just-cause-2-mp-and-sp-vehicle-seating/

For a guide to adding seats to vehicles, check out: http://justcause2mods.com/forum.html?func=view&catid=19&id=18677#18677

wintersrigor

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2013, 05:53:46 am »
1. This is AWESOME! I saw you using the Police Sakura in one of your vids, and thought "panau only ever had military, not police, it would be cool if there was".

2. Help! i am already using zxz's mod and a Chevalier RS mod, and i have no coding knowledge what-so-ever  :'(. Does this page accurately show how to merge the required files, and is there any other info/suggestions anyone has? (like better tools, tutorials, etc)
thanks.

p.s. JTH's wheels are so awesome  :)
« Last Edit: January 11, 2013, 07:06:18 am by wintersrigor »

mandella644

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2013, 07:31:25 am »
1. This is AWESOME! I saw you using the Police Sakura in one of your vids, and thought "panau only ever had military, not police, it would be cool if there was".

2. Help! i am already using zxz's mod and a Chevalier RS mod, and i have no coding knowledge what-so-ever  :'(. Does this page accurately show how to merge the required files, and is there any other info/suggestions anyone has? (like better tools, tutorials, etc)
thanks.

p.s. JTH's wheels are so awesome  :)

The vehicle I was using in that video was from a pre-alpha version of the mod. I'm glad your dreams of a Panauan police force have come true. :D

You may want to just get rid of your other mods for prevent conflicting files. If you insist on using both mods simultaneously, I would look into the wiki page you linked. It's got some helpful guides. :) 

wintersrigor

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2013, 08:02:45 am »
The vehicle I was using in that video was from a pre-alpha version of the mod. I'm glad your dreams of a Panauan police force have come true. :D

You may want to just get rid of your other mods for prevent conflicting files. If you insist on using both mods simultaneously, I would look into the wiki page you linked. It's got some helpful guides. :)

Thanks  :). Although i will probably end up removing the Chevalier mod anyway, i did want to find out how to run different mods at once.  ;D

mandella644

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2013, 01:51:11 pm »
Thanks  :). Although i will probably end up removing the Chevalier mod anyway, i did want to find out how to run different mods at once.  ;D

Good luck, man! :)