Currently the developers are putting their own money into JC2-MP to keep the servers online.

Please take a few seconds of your time and disable your AdBlock plugin for our website.

Ad revenue is not going to developers, it is used purely for covering our hosting costs.

You are also free to donate, which removes all ads from our website!

Patch 0.3 was just released! Full changelog here: https://t.co/4A50m6IKen

2 years ago

Advertisement
August 23, 2019, 03:37:15 pm

Author Topic: The Ultimate Gamemode Idea Thread  (Read 21695 times)

beatles1

• Donator
    • View Profile
Re: The Ultimate Gamemode Idea Thread
« Reply #45 on: December 22, 2013, 11:27:29 pm »
I've already got this thread covered in the proper area - http://www.jc-mp.com/forums/index.php/topic,4031.0.html

Scripting area.  I would love to be a part of a project such as this one.

He says about his topic started today 9 months after this topic was posted...

camicadthe

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 05, 2014, 06:51:08 pm »
- grapple races
- races with ramps\loops (MTA like) including DLC vehicles with Waypath Builder
- stunt mode
- twisted metal-like mode, because game has many vehicles with guns

TECHNO_VIKING

• View Profile
Just Cause 2 Fortwars!
« Reply #47 on: January 25, 2014, 12:32:07 pm »
So this not a suggestion for the Multiplayer mod itself but for a new script!

My idea was to combine scripts like the Physgun, Building world (Jman's server) to one uniqe gamemode! You may know it from Team Fortress 2:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cGK1bAcRY1w

So it would be awesome if some developers could create a script for this gamemode in JC2!

My ideas according to the functionality:
  • there is a limited area as known from the derby script (maybe at volcano etc.)
  • 2 or more teams (ulars, roaches, reapers for example)
  • when the game starts there are about 2-5 mins to build a fort out of a limited number of objects (none of those houses (3kings tower, airplane hangar...))
  • after the preparation time the players could start fighting each other until they capture their base or find the intelligence etc
  • forts have to be rebuilt in each round

what do you think?

rui_troia

• View Profile
Re: Just Cause 2 Fortwars!
« Reply #48 on: January 25, 2014, 01:19:27 pm »
So this not a suggestion for the Multiplayer mod itself but for a new script!

My idea was to combine scripts like the Physgun, Building world (Jman's server) to one uniqe gamemode! You may know it from Team Fortress 2:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cGK1bAcRY1w

So it would be awesome if some developers could create a script for this gamemode in JC2!

My ideas according to the functionality:
  • there is a limited area as known from the derby script (maybe at volcano etc.)
  • 2 or more teams (ulars, roaches, reapers for example)
  • when the game starts there are about 2-5 mins to build a fort out of a limited number of objects (none of those houses (3kings tower, airplane hangar...))
  • after the preparation time the players could start fighting each other until they capture their base or find the intelligence etc
  • forts have to be rebuilt in each round
what do you think?
extreme +1 whoever does this, never forger gmod fortwars
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Cj--StUkys

brandobras

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 25, 2014, 01:26:27 pm »
WE NEED A HUNGER GAMES MODE!!!
« Last Edit: June 08, 2014, 12:02:51 am by brandobras »

bubbashank

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 03, 2014, 06:57:11 pm »
Traitor Amungus plus virtual fence idea

2 teams (GREEN VS RED), but one person is a traitor(BLUE) on one team. ((EX. GREEN team sees traitor as GREEN, RED team sees traitor as Blue)) Battles take place in limited areas, like DISH, DOME, etc.  Limited to 4 on each team.  Teams only have shotguns and grapple.  Traitor gets $ for going undetected for a period of time. (Ex:  Every 15 seconds = $100).  Traitor kills own pretend teammate, gets $$ to be split amongst other team.  If traitor's real team kills traitor = $$$ loss per teammate.

Teams that kill teammates (except traitor) with friendly fire, lose $$.

Matches last 10 minutes, then restart with new random traitor(s).

A better variation would be that both teams have a traitor, but neither knows who the traitor is. Traitor killing a traitor gets $$$$.

I'd like to see more areas be used for gamemodes like this.  Is it possible to build a virtual fence around a certain area, show the fence in game, and if you cross it give you 10 seconds to get back in or die?  If that could be done, there are a ton of villages and city areas, even islands where DM type battles like this could take place.

misterff1

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 04, 2014, 07:34:42 am »
WE NEED AN HUNGER GAMES MODE!!!
Again, I am working on it. Be patient.

bubbashank

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 05, 2014, 05:01:35 am »
Find the Snipe

4 people on a team. Plus one sniper.  IMPORTANT: NO PLAYER TAGS OR HEALTHBAR FOR ANYONE.  STEALTH IS KEY.  Team is randomly given one of four weapons (rocket launcher, machine gun, Assault rifle, grenade launcher, and each gets pistol.  Sniper is given 30 seconds to take position.  Team then spawns. Team has 5 minutes to find and kill sniper.  Sniper gets $$ for every kill.  Team splits $$$ for killing sniper.

This is another gamemode that would benefit from a virtual fence.  Step outside fence, and die in 10 seconds.  Fence can be seen in game.

ROODAY

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 05, 2014, 06:15:25 pm »
Find the Snipe

4 people on a team. Plus one sniper.  IMPORTANT: NO PLAYER TAGS OR HEALTHBAR FOR ANYONE.  STEALTH IS KEY.  Team is randomly given one of four weapons (rocket launcher, machine gun, Assault rifle, grenade launcher, and each gets pistol.  Sniper is given 30 seconds to take position.  Team then spawns. Team has 5 minutes to find and kill sniper.  Sniper gets $$ for every kill.  Team splits $$$ for killing sniper.

This is another gamemode that would benefit from a virtual fence.  Step outside fence, and die in 10 seconds.  Fence can be seen in game.

so like ttt?

camicadthe

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 06, 2014, 08:54:38 am »
Good evening, fellow forum lurkers. First post of mine, thought I'd contribute with a rather ambitious idea I have.

This would take a humongous amount of work to put together, but it's kind of my wet dream when it comes to the ultimate gamemode/server. Sadly, I am about as illiterate as a native tribesman visiting China when it comes to scripting, so posting it here in hope for something like this to appear in the future will have to do. I am considering becoming an amateur craftsman of scripts if I ever find the patience, but this is way out of my league for the foreseeable future either way.

Basically, it's a faction based PvP gamemode, where you can take over bases and find and collect weapons, vehicles and money with your friends, then go to war against other factions and take over their bases. More or less inspired by Arma's Wasteland mod along with DayZ (without the zombies part, unless AI gets implemented in the future).

That's pretty much it put short. I've made a list over my main ideas below:

Start:
Players spawn at random locations all over the map, trying to find vehicles and weapons to use.

Bases:
A system to take over military bases and airports with your faction or group, not sure about the best way for this to be done, especially considering players in factions will not be online at all times.
The ability to take over already captured bases with your faction, by PvP.
Buyable bonuses in bases, mainly spawn points (see: money).
Vehicles brought into bases must not disappear or despawn unless stolen (this is another problem regarding logged off players/factions).

Vehicles and weapons:
Fixed vehicle spawn points, the rarer, more powerful or better the vehicle, the fewer spawn points (no consistent spawns either, anything from a 50/50 chance of spawn to like 1/50).
Fixed weapon spawn points, same deal as with vehicles, but more powerful weapons have to be bought, otherwise extremely rare.
More spawns in cities and bigger towns, which means you'll have a higher chance of both finding a vehicle/weapon and getting killed in those locations.

Money:
Based on PvP. Money earned for kills, base takeovers and so on. A system for earning money per hour/day for holding bases would be nice, along with a multiplier for each base held or something.
Money shared between faction members in some way, either tradable or shared automatically, leader gets main income from bases etc.
Buy menu for vehicles and weapons.
Buyable spawn points for players, weapons and vehicles within bases.

Other tweaks/settings:
Grappling hook disabled (It's a powerful tool in a survival PvP gamemode. Too powerful).
Parachute disabled unless you buy it from the menu for a reasonable sum of money.
Proper day/night cycle (1-3 hours per cycle or something, either that or real-time).
Name tags only show on members of your faction.
If voice chat ever becomes possible to implement, local area chat (like direct communication in Arma) would be really nice.

I might add more ideas later, but consider this the basic draft. Suggestions would be nice.  :)

+1

keeri

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 06, 2014, 11:42:08 am »
^ This is already done on Real Life Server.

dab88

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 06, 2016, 07:12:43 pm »
Crazy Taxi

Make it real. Call it...

... Chaos Taxi

8)