Currently the developers are putting their own money into JC2-MP to keep the servers online.

Please take a few seconds of your time and disable your AdBlock plugin for our website.

Ad revenue is not going to developers, it is used purely for covering our hosting costs.

You are also free to donate, which removes all ads from our website!

Patch 0.3 was just released! Full changelog here: https://t.co/4A50m6IKen

3 months ago

August 22, 2017, 07:23:53 am

Author Topic: [SOLVED] "Failed to connect to the server. Are you sure the server is up?"  (Read 4816 times)

Brutwarst

• View Profile
I have now managed to launch the mod, but I cannot join the server.

I tried to quick connect and I typed in 198.27.105.229:7777 or 198.27.105.229. Both gave me the same error.

I also tried to click "join server" on the website, selected jcmplauncher.exe as the program to launch, and no success. It just launches the mod and doesn't try to connect.

The server browser also appears to be empty.

Also I tried turning off my firewall and connecting. Nothing changed.

Update:

I just opened the properties of the launcher and ticked "run as administrator" in the compatibility tab. Now when I launch the mod, I can see the passworded development server there but not the "freeroam server".

THIS IS NOW SOLVED
« Last Edit: December 08, 2013, 12:09:38 pm by Brutwarst »

deWeeda

• View Profile
Re: "Failed to connect to the server. Are you sure the server is up?"
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2013, 04:30:12 pm »
Getting the same message when quick joining. I can only join if the (test) server appears in the server browser, which will take a minute. Joining through the website works for me as well. I select the steam bootstrapper to launch from there.

Brutwarst

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2013, 04:52:52 pm »
If I select the bootstrapper, it opens up a Steam "game info" window and it says that the server is not responding.

I tried waiting for a couple of minutes for the server to appear in the server list but nothing.

deWeeda

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2013, 06:21:52 pm »
Dunno if applicable to your situation, but here are some quick things to try:

Enter JC2MP main menu first, then join through the website.
Turn off firewall or make an exception for JC2MP.
Validate JC2 in steam and run it once, then start JC2MP as administrator.

Not sure, but I've got a feeling the server is crashing every so often, I get disconnected randomly sometimes.

Chemich

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2013, 11:07:56 pm »
Make sure your NAT is either off or Moderate, I'm thinking that's the issue...

Make sure all firewalls are disabled, or add an exception for the program / ip's you need to connect to.

Check your router settings and make sure your local IP is not in "DMZ" mode, (demilitarized zone mode,) as this will cause issues generally. (change it to a local IP you're either not using, or you don't plan on using.)

Or just check your router if there might be something blocking it (such as WAN blocking, etc..)

Brutwarst

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2013, 12:09:15 pm »
Make sure your NAT is either off or Moderate, I'm thinking that's the issue...

Make sure all firewalls are disabled, or add an exception for the program / ip's you need to connect to.

Check your router settings and make sure your local IP is not in "DMZ" mode, (demilitarized zone mode,) as this will cause issues generally. (change it to a local IP you're either not using, or you don't plan on using.)

Or just check your router if there might be something blocking it (such as WAN blocking, etc..)

Thanks for the help.

I don't think it was any of the things you mentioned, but turns out I had accidentally set up some sort of a filter that stopped me from joining the server. I removed that and now I can finally join. :)

Yaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyy

Genocide260

• View Profile
can some1 help me with this please its just happened to me?