Currently the developers are putting their own money into JC2-MP to keep the servers online.

Please take a few seconds of your time and disable your AdBlock plugin for our website.

Ad revenue is not going to developers, it is used purely for covering our hosting costs.

You are also free to donate, which removes all ads from our website!

Patch 0.3 was just released! Full changelog here: https://t.co/4A50m6IKen

2 years ago

Advertisement
October 16, 2019, 01:31:36 am

Author Topic: 0.1.0 Mid-Test Report  (Read 14070 times)

Philpax

• Developer
    • View Profile
0.1.0 Mid-Test Report
« on: December 10, 2013, 05:48:13 pm »

The Final Beta Test (#17) - 0.1.0
7th December 2013 08:00 UTC - 14th December 2013 08:00 UTC Extended until release!

0.1.0 Release
16th December 2013 17:00 UTC

If you have a client with Build 645 at the top, you will not be able to join the new server until your JC2-MP is updated by Steam or you verify your files here (for JC2-MP and not JC2):

Hi everyone!

We're well into the 0.1.0 beta test, and it's a good time to go over what we've done for these first few days.

We had a rocky start at first; we're not going to deny it. Plagued by frequent server crashes and lag spikes, day one of the test was completely unplayable.

Through concentrated efforts, we managed to track down many of the issues involved and massively increased stability, reliability and performance in time for the official release of the server this coming Monday.

JC2-MP's scripting ability is extremely powerful and is responsible for providing the gameplay you see on the test server. From storing your money, to purchasing vehicles, to factions, to first-person, to nametags, to boost, to racing, and much, much more, our scripting is responsible for what you actually play.

You have full client-side and server-side scripting in JC2-MP Lua - we encourage you to try it out and have a look for yourself ahead of the release:

Here's a list of the changes we've made to ensure your JC2-MP experience is as smooth as possible:
  • Adjusted sync rates to reduce load
  • Fixed server crash in the streamer
  • Fixed server crash when an exception was thrown for an invalid World being accessed
  • Fixed bans not closing the connection to the server
  • Implemented a functional instant respawn that resolves issues with being stuck in the death state [Temporarily disabled]
  • Fixed bans not being loaded correctly on Linux
  • Fixed "empty server" bug through extensive debugging and network reconfiguration
  • Fixed bug where input to the server could be ignored under a specific case
  • Fixed chat being usable in main menu / initializing
  • Improved Eyefinity / Surround compatibility for main menu and windows
  • Added an error message for connecting to a full server
  • Disabled JC2-MP keybinding until it can be fixed properly
  • Fixed being able to exit loading through the pause menu

A notable change is that some scripts were unloaded or modified as part of our performance tuning. Boost was discovered to be quite inefficient; as a result, I replaced it with a lighter version that works similarly but is much more efficient. Racing's stats were not as efficient as they could have been, and dreadmullet is going back to the drawing board to fix them.

The end result of this is that JC2-MP is considerably more stable and ready for release. As the week goes on, we'll be fixing more bugs.

And on a related note: we'd like to officially welcome dreadmullet as a developer; after months of dedicated work as a scripter and working on documentation, we decided to finally give him the credit he deserves. Say hi to your new overlord, everyone!

We'll be resolving other issues as they come up. As a result of the changes mentioned above, a new client and server will be pushed out; we'll have two servers up during the transition period, and will bring down the old server once everyone migrates.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2013, 05:50:00 pm by dreadmullet »

Huntyz

• Donator
    • View Profile
Re: 0.1.0 Mid-Test Report
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2013, 06:57:41 pm »
Awesome stuff keep up the great work  ;D

TheStig

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2013, 07:03:36 pm »
Congratulations to dreadmullet!

Unmoon

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2013, 07:05:22 pm »
And on a related note: we'd like to officially welcome dreadmullet as a developer; after months of dedicated work as a scripter and working on documentation, we decided to finally give him the credit he deserves. Say hi to your new overlord, everyone!

Oh dear god.

AkioUK

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2013, 07:06:21 pm »
welcome to the dev team dreadmullet :)

now fix your shit

aLeXaNdErYoYoYo

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2013, 07:12:31 pm »
Awesome, good idea with the wiki :)

Trix

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2013, 07:14:23 pm »

• Fixed "empty server" bug through extensive debugging and network reconfiguration

Understatement of the century right here  ;D

Nuator

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2013, 07:31:56 pm »
Hi dreadmullet  ;)

AccursedPrince

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2013, 07:34:05 pm »
Fantastic bug fixes :D

GangsterGarfield

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2013, 12:28:57 am »
Congrats to dreadmullet, thanks for all the updates!

sanchit117

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2013, 07:51:16 am »
Awesome! ;)

Temeez

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2013, 07:54:40 am »
My game just won't stop crashing, can play maybe max 3min. The update came at the same time as I reinstalled windows, so not too sure which one is doing that :/

Unmoon

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2013, 11:44:41 am »
My game just won't stop crashing, can play maybe max 3min. The update came at the same time as I reinstalled windows, so not too sure which one is doing that :/

If you have Dxtory, add JC2 to the ignore list.

Temeez

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 11, 2013, 01:15:14 pm »

That seemed to work, but I don't like it. Game didn't have any problems with dxtory couple days ago :/

Unmoon

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 11, 2013, 01:22:52 pm »

That seemed to work, but I don't like it. Game didn't have any problems with dxtory couple days ago :/

Weird, Tycoonman said he doesn't have problems with Dxtory either... If someone finds out why, please let me know. :)