Currently the developers are putting their own money into JC2-MP to keep the servers online.

Please take a few seconds of your time and disable your AdBlock plugin for our website.

Ad revenue is not going to developers, it is used purely for covering our hosting costs.

You are also free to donate, which removes all ads from our website!

Patch 0.3 was just released! Full changelog here: https://t.co/4A50m6IKen

3 years ago

Advertisement
June 02, 2020, 05:46:03 am

Author Topic: SOLVED: I can get on my server, but my friends can't. Not showing up in Browser  (Read 80698 times)

Resiez

• View Profile
UPDATE: I got if fixed! Thanks to PlantCorn for his suggestion! It was the windows firewall. I disabled it and it worked. I just need to find a way to make an exception in the firewall so i can turn it back on!

I have been able to get on my server, but when my friends try to use my ip address to join it says that they cannot connect. Also I can't find my server listed in the server browser (i have announce on)
« Last Edit: January 07, 2014, 03:25:48 am by Resiez »

didlyi

• View Profile
I also have a friend trying with the exact same problem

Is there anything that we can do to try and locate the problem?

he has opened the port's

is there a log file or script type thing we can use to try and find out or locate the problem?

I might add he is using hamachi and hosting a minecraft server on the same machine.

AG_Clinton

• View Profile
I'd recommend port forwarding instead of using hamachi. Certainly don't do both though.

Try checking if your port is open with this: http://www.canyouseeme.org/

Metal_Invader

• View Profile
I would also like to know how to do this. I still can't set up a LAN session with my brother even though we are in the same house using the same wi-fi :(

didlyi

• View Profile
you mean like this??

He still aint having joy

picture sharing

ProgramRAM

• View Profile
I am having the same problem I did portforward 7777 and I can join my server I see my server in the server browser but my friends don't see it nor can they use my server IP to join

didlyi

• View Profile
Bump....

Any help would be great.

PlantCorn

• JC2-MP Betatester
    • View Profile
which ip are you giving them to join..?

also: if you're using more than one network interface (in this case hamachi is a pain in the ass)

set bindIP to the INTERNAL network address he wants to host from. for example my line is

Code: [Select]
    BindIP                      = "192.168.1.155",
where 192.168.1.155 is the host's ip, and NOT what I have there.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2013, 12:15:29 am by PlantCorn »

didlyi

• View Profile
thank you for that but its still no go..

failed

Funny thing is that he can connect to mine in hamachi but not his???

he has 2 internal ip's and he has tried binding both + the hamachi ip,but still failed to connect

dam this is a head f##k
thanks all the same for input

PlantCorn

• JC2-MP Betatester
    • View Profile
Also Worth a mention is that pesky windows firewall, i keep forgetting to allow stuff through that thing, and sometimes it can be frustrating. Depending on how it's configured you may need to allow the port in a rule for public/private networks.