Hey guys, I'm the creator of the Faction Wars script that you may have played during beta. FW made use of a lot of features we couldn't get polished enough in time for the initial release of JC-MP. So I have created a similar script which we have running on our server now, it's called Battle for Panau
. It pits the 3 Factions of Panau against one another in a bid to control Panau.
The server name is '[Beta] Battle for Panau - 3 Way Faction war.' You can easily find it by searching for 'battle' on our servers page or join now!Returning Features:
Class system from Faction Wars is in, Assault / Medic / Sniper / SupportClass mechanics
Assault has a 500 damage shield on spawn
Medic can drop Medkits by pressing and holding '4' which heals himself / nearby friendlies,
Sniper has access to the deadly sniper rifle.
Support can drop Ammobox by pressing and holding '4' which restores ammo for himself / nearby allies and has access to the rocket launcher to also serve as an anti-tank class.
Squad system from Faction Wars is back and improved.
Spotting system remains mostly the same from Faction Wars. This allows for stealth gameplay, unless you a) fire your weapon, b) are spotted by an enemy player or c) in range of enemy radar ( Communication Outposts ), then you're invisible to the enemy. To spot a player you need only aim at them, it'll auto spot them for you and all your team mates in the area.New Features:
When you capture a base the vehicles around it will re-spawn with the colour / logo of your faction.
Base plates have been redesigned, looks a lot better now.
This script makes use of TabChat, a replacement chat module I've been working on, which I'll be releasing soon for everyone to use.
I've modified the playerlist module originally written by JatochnietDan and Philpax to work as a scoreboard, showing score / kills / deaths. As usual this is accessed with F6. TODO:
Loadout menu from spawn select currently looks horrible.
I'm yet to reimplement the shop system from FW. However the bases now have a lot of military vehicles available around them.
Infiltrator / Radar hacking : Currently radar can't be disabled, haven't had time to remake the radar hack mini game using the new GUI system.
Squad commands / objectives. In FW you could issue attack / defend orders to your squad mates, this currently isn't implemented.
Squad controls for locking / unlocking / removing people from squads.
Notifications for when a base is under attack.
This script is still in development, there will be script bugs and crashes, which will be fixed when found. All feedback is welcome and encouraged. Updates:Changelog 30/12/2013Client
- Fixed script error when a squad member disconnected from the server.
- Fixed a scaling issue with the player arrow on both the PDA / Minimap, looks better now.
- Fixed a render order issue which caused the player armour bar of the assault class to render on top of the base icons.
- Downscaled squad health panels.Server
- Fixed an issue that prevented squads from being sent to a new faction member, causing them not to see any squads in the squad menu.Changes
- Tanks no longer spawn at Civillian Villages, Civillian Cities or Communication Outposts. Only light vehicles now.
- Destroyed Vehicles now take 45 seconds to respawn ( previously 15 seconds ). This change is to address bases being too difficult to capture when a player camps a tank spawn.New FeaturesGrapple Limiter
- Has 2 charges.
- Generates a charge every 6 seconds.
- Using Grapple 'F' uses a charge.
- Has a visual indicator on the players left arm, charges are represented by green bars. The recharge time is represented by a white circle that moves outward and fades as it nears charging completion. When it the grapple is completely charged the green bars will fade out after 3 seconds until a charge is used again.Spawn Delay
- Has 2 charges.
- Generates a charge every 30 seconds.
- Spawning uses a charge.
Spawn Delay was brought in because it was too difficult to capture a point when a player can constantly respawn on that point instantly.Old Updates
You can now access squads at any time by pressing F2 ( toggles the menu ). From here you can create / join squads in your faction.
You can redeploy by pressing 'Insert', this triggers a 10 second timer in which if you move it will cancel the redeploy process. After 10 seconds you will be able to respawn at any friendly base and change your class via the loadout menu. This can only be used every 10 minutes per player.
Fixed issues with base capture.