Currently the developers are putting their own money into JC2-MP to keep the servers online.

Please take a few seconds of your time and disable your AdBlock plugin for our website.

Ad revenue is not going to developers, it is used purely for covering our hosting costs.

You are also free to donate, which removes all ads from our website!

Patch 0.3 was just released! Full changelog here: https://t.co/4A50m6IKen

2 years ago

Advertisement
July 16, 2019, 04:30:15 pm

Author Topic: JC2-MP Stunts [alpha test]  (Read 8353 times)

pixelazed

• View Profile
Re: JC2-MP Stunts [update + new screenshots]
« Reply #15 on: December 24, 2013, 02:13:38 pm »
He helped me making that camera on foot, its very glitchy still with the controlls but you can have the bit of it if you want?

Bradiex

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 24, 2013, 02:29:10 pm »
He helped me making that camera on foot, its very glitchy still with the controlls but you can have the bit of it if you want?

No it's ok. I tried that too and its indeed tricky with the controls, but bird view on foot is not the highest priority (at least not for me).
But thanks anyway!

pixelazed

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 24, 2013, 02:43:04 pm »
Im still trying to fix it ;D the biggest problems are aiming and walking (you can only steer with your mouse while walking so you cant look arround)

Bradiex

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 24, 2013, 06:28:05 pm »
Im still trying to fix it ;D the biggest problems are aiming and walking (you can only steer with your mouse while walking so you cant look arround)

I thought you can just look at the position of the mouse on the screen and then use InputPoll to face the character in that direction. I tried that but Rico goes nuts when I try to change something with Input:SetValue() :p

rAv3nzZ

• View Profile
Re: JC2-MP Stunts [early Alpha]
« Reply #19 on: December 25, 2013, 12:02:29 pm »
Hey! I was thinking about that camera.. and an idea came up to me. Could it be possible to use real life map and replace the actual one? Or just see how the thing is going on at certain locations from above?

Keep up with the good work!

Yes that would be possible, but the problem is that there can be a lot of clouds in front of the camera then, so I'm not sure if it would be a good substitute :p but it is fun to have though.

Hey! This could be possible if you implement that zoom-in / zoom-out feature! Of course if it's possible to move it by clicking.. you know like F1 Map.

P.D, Great updates, keep it up :)

pixelazed

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 27, 2013, 07:00:05 pm »
Any release soon? ;P cant wait still.

Bradiex

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 28, 2013, 02:35:31 pm »
Any release soon? ;P cant wait still.

I have currently no idea, I added some new features (some small animations, new stunts, live scores, cinematic spectator cam, ..) but I still need to tweak the score balancing and the score detection in general. Otherwise it wouldn't be really playable if the scores seem to be too random sometimes, but I'm working on that.
Will also look into the detection of rolling/flipping vehicles and combo bonuses..
« Last Edit: December 28, 2013, 02:39:46 pm by Bradiex »

ROODAY

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 28, 2013, 06:27:22 pm »
cant wait man!

camicadthe

• Donator
    • View Profile
Re: JC2-MP Stunts [video update (v0.0)]
« Reply #23 on: December 30, 2013, 07:27:01 am »
awesome. cant wait release.

misterff1

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 02, 2014, 02:35:10 pm »
Please release this! cant wait!

JBBARZ

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 02, 2014, 02:41:59 pm »
This looks so good man, all these new stunting possibilities is so exciting. When you said you had attempted to add wheelie support for bikes I nearly fell off my chair :P xD Great work.

Bradiex

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 02, 2014, 04:09:51 pm »
This looks so good man, all these new stunting possibilities is so exciting. When you said you had attempted to add wheelie support for bikes I nearly fell off my chair :P xD Great work.

Yes wheelie's are already supported :p

Jman100

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 07, 2014, 09:35:18 am »
I love this, it'd be something I'd like to implement on my server as an always on kind of thing that would award low amounts of money. So people could earn $5 or $10 per trick or whatever. Maybe in addition to "stunt mode" which would be all about the best score. Would be interesting to see how that works out :P

Love it, looking forward to release :D

Bradiex

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 07, 2014, 10:33:41 am »
I love this, it'd be something I'd like to implement on my server as an always on kind of thing that would award low amounts of money. So people could earn $5 or $10 per trick or whatever. Maybe in addition to "stunt mode" which would be all about the best score. Would be interesting to see how that works out :P

Love it, looking forward to release :D

Yeah :p But the problem is though that I can't make it 100% anti-cheat.. Altough everyone can see the live scores and you can spectate everyone, but that's all I can do atm..

For the release I want to add the combo system first, and a better score balancing. But sadly I have not plenty of time right now so it could be only in a few weeks.. But maybe I will run a small testserver for a while.
I just don't want this to be ruined if I release it with bad score calculations..

When the core system is allright, I will add challenges (such as freestyle time challenges, score challenges (be the first to get x points in vehicle a or b) or challenges where you need to be the first to do a specific stunt) and also extra modes where players with high scores are targetted so that everyone can try to stop that player's streak :p

misterff1

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 09, 2014, 11:56:29 am »
Bradiex check your PM please