Currently the developers are putting their own money into JC2-MP to keep the servers online.

Please take a few seconds of your time and disable your AdBlock plugin for our website.

Ad revenue is not going to developers, it is used purely for covering our hosting costs.

You are also free to donate, which removes all ads from our website!

Patch 0.3 was just released! Full changelog here: https://t.co/4A50m6IKen

2 years ago

Advertisement
August 23, 2019, 03:12:42 pm

Author Topic: JC2-MP Derby  (Read 5246 times)

Patawic

• JC2-MP Betatester
    • View Profile
JC2-MP Derby
« on: December 23, 2013, 08:50:19 am »
Demolition Derby

Current Version 0.1
Download From GitHub Here

Demolition Derby game mode for JC2MP.

This is the demolition derby script that was running for the final 3-4 days of the 0.1 beta test

Features:
-Custom Course Loading allowing for potentially an infinite amount of spawns

Future Updates:
-Powerup system from the old derby script

--0.1 Changelog
-Added custom Event loading from course files

--0.1.1 Changelog
-Course files now support Time, TimeStep, Weather parameters
-Changed vehicle selection methods in course files to allow better vehicle support
-Changed ingame UI for Lobby and ingame playercount

Please note that the examples and tutorial are made to be used with 0.1.1 of the derby script, which is not yet released
Course File Creation
This short guide should hopefully assist you in creating your own derby course files. If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask.
Example File Format:
Code: [Select]
Location(string)
Type(string)
Time(number, number)
Weather(number)
Players(number, number)
Boundary(number, number, number, number)
MaximumY(number)
MinimumY(number)
Event(number, number, string)
Vehicles(boolean, number)
Spawn(number, number, number, number, number, number)

Heres a breakdown line for line:
Location(string) -> Replace string with the name of the course

Type(string) -> Supported parameters are "large" and "small" (case-sensitive)

Time(number, number) -> First parameter is the Time, 2nd parameter is TimeStep. However "random" will generate new times for every derby event

Weather(number) -> Weather scale between 0-2, "random" can be used for random generation

Players(number, number) -> 1st parameter is minimum players, 2nd is maximum players

Boundary(number, number, number, number) -> X,Y,Z coordinates (in same order), then radius as 4th parameter

MaximumY(number) -> maximum y value, player is kicked when it is exceeded

MinimumY(number) -> minimum y value, player is kicked when it is exceeded

Event(number, number, string) -> 1st and 2nd parameters are parameters used in math.random() to generate a random time, 3rd parameter is the event to be triggered, however more then 3 parameters can exist to trigger multiple events at the same time

Vehicles(boolean, number) -> first parameter handles whether multiple vehicle types are used, or whether a single one is picked from the array. After that an infinite amount of parameters are allowed which allow vehicle selection on derby start

Spawn(number, number, number, number, number, number) -> X,Y,Z Vector3, then final 3 parameters are Roll, Pitch, Yaw in Angle()

Here are a couple of examples:
Location(Dish)
Type(large)
Time(random, random)
Weather(random)
Players(30,144)
Boundary(6922, 716, 1036, 23250)
MaximumY(757)
MinimumY(714)
Event(300, 600, sht.start.count.01, sht.start.count.02)
Vehicles(true, 15, 44)
Spawn(6929.019531, 762.000000, 1200.409546, 0.034907, 0.000000, -0000000)
Location(Circle Island)
Type(small)
Time(random, random)
Weather(random)
Players(2,12)
Boundary(-3895.54, 209, 13905.5, 56000)
MaximumY(400)
MinimumY(203)
Vehicles(false, 1, 4, 13, 15, 18, 54, 79, 91)
Spawn(-3895.862793, 209.000000, 13923.997070, 6.265732, 0.000000, 0.000000)
Please note that the examples and tutorial are made to be used with 0.1.1 of the derby script, which is not yet released

Please report or bugs,issues and suggestions you have with the script in this thread, or send me a Private Message
« Last Edit: January 14, 2014, 11:59:37 pm by Patawic »

{MM}Jeroen

• View Profile
Re: JC2-MP Derby
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2013, 08:56:02 am »
Thanks for releasing it! Will be using this on my server  ;)!

zoydbot

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2013, 06:38:20 pm »
Thanks man for the work. I have both derbies running on my server, I didn't test the latest update, but I noticed that on your previous update, the new derby bowl course would interfere with the old derby. Is it possible to spawn a new world with an unoccupied bowl? Or is removing that course from the new derby the only way to not interfere with the old derby?

Thanks

Patawic

• JC2-MP Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2013, 11:06:19 pm »
Thanks man for the work. I have both derbies running on my server, I didn't test the latest update, but I noticed that on your previous update, the new derby bowl course would interfere with the old derby. Is it possible to spawn a new world with an unoccupied bowl? Or is removing that course from the new derby the only way to not interfere with the old derby?

Thanks

Every derby in my script is spawned on a new world, i don't see why there would be an issue between the old and new derby scripts, but i have no idea why you'd be running both scripts to begin with. My script is meant to be seen as a replacement for the old one.

zoydbot

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2013, 11:51:19 pm »
thanks for the reply. while a lot of people like the new one, some people still wanted to get to the old derby.

KungfuBeer

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2013, 01:51:42 am »
thanks for the reply. while a lot of people like the new one, some people still wanted to get to the old derby.

Same here, especially when we spawn and fall into the inside of the course..then that derby is over for us anyways.

misterff1

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2013, 04:54:46 pm »
The derby wont start on my server. i use linux. is this the same issue as the deathmatch script had? and how do i fix it?

ZMax

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 25, 2013, 10:39:52 pm »
The derby wont start on my server. i use linux. is this the same issue as the deathmatch script had? and how do i fix it?

For now, don't try to fix it, unless you have the required skills to even try to edit a line on Lua.
Yes. Deathmatch is based on this script. Wait until OP fixes the script, then you will be able to install it and run it without problems I do hope.

misterff1

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2013, 12:46:05 am »

For now, don't try to fix it, unless you have the required skills to even try to edit a line on Lua.
Yes. Deathmatch is based on this script. Wait until OP fixes the script, then you will be able to install it and run it without problems I do hope.

Oh I have the required skills, dont worry about that, but I am not sure what causes the error here. I assume Patawic does know where he can find it since he made this script.

Patawic

• JC2-MP Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 26, 2013, 08:38:41 am »
Hmm, i thought i fixed the linux loading issues the other day, can you post the error in here as it's running on my linux server quite happily.

misterff1

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 26, 2013, 07:26:45 pm »
Hmm, i thought i fixed the linux loading issues the other day, can you post the error in here as it's running on my linux server quite happily.
when did you fix it? I might have used an old version

Patawic

• JC2-MP Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 27, 2013, 01:18:31 am »
when did you fix it? I might have used an old version

I committed the fix to the github 7 days ago when it was first reported to me

misterff1

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 27, 2013, 10:40:49 pm »
found the issue.. you never mentioned a minimun amount of players in a derby. You should add that to your description how to change it. 30 players minimum in the dish will work for a max of 5 servers and i am mostly between number 15-20. So I couldnt start because of that amount of players.

It is working perfect now. thanks for making this script work again!

Patawic

• JC2-MP Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 29, 2013, 09:27:23 am »
found the issue.. you never mentioned a minimun amount of players in a derby. You should add that to your description how to change it. 30 players minimum in the dish will work for a max of 5 servers and i am mostly between number 15-20. So I couldnt start because of that amount of players.

As i've mentioned, it's still a WIP, the course loading system still needs refining as well as a few other sections of the script

misterff1

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 29, 2013, 07:43:11 pm »

As i've mentioned, it's still a WIP, the course loading system still needs refining as well as a few other sections of the script

Yes, I know. Still it would be nice to add something in the description to change minimum and maximum amount of players in the .course files