Currently the developers are putting their own money into JC2-MP to keep the servers online.

Please take a few seconds of your time and disable your AdBlock plugin for our website.

Ad revenue is not going to developers, it is used purely for covering our hosting costs.

You are also free to donate, which removes all ads from our website!

Patch 0.3 was just released! Full changelog here: https://t.co/4A50m6IKen

3 years ago

Advertisement
May 25, 2020, 09:40:36 pm

Author Topic: AWG Factions v0.03 - by Anzu  (Read 26003 times)

[EgameStudio]Shepard

• Donator
    • View Profile
Re: AWG Factions - by Anzu
« Reply #15 on: December 25, 2013, 11:02:11 am »
Possible ?

/f addrank ( for officers only ) : "1-2"  and /f addrank ( for Leader ) "1-2-3"

"Faction X : (( Mike is Promote to Officer on faction by Sam ! ) //

/f derank ( for Officers only ) : 1-2 and /f derank ( for leader only ) "1-2-3"

"Faction X : (( Mike as demote to officer by Sam ! ) "

and command : for Leader Only ! ( /f kick Nickname ) so >> " Mike as been kicked a faction by Sam ! )

Sry my language :p im fr

PS : 1 : Member
PS : 2 : Officers
PS : 3 : LeaderShip

The officer should not be able to touch her ​​a leader.
Leader empowered
Members not no moderator capabilities faction
« Last Edit: December 25, 2013, 11:04:16 am by [EgameStudio]Shepard »

WPK-Wolfseye

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 25, 2013, 11:37:48 am »
I agree, this is a free mod that the Devs shared with the community for free.  To try to privatize and/or commercialize some user-made script for it is counter-productive to the mentality that created this mod in the first place, in my opinion.

You and a few others made me keep my hope that at least some people seem to understand that as well. ;) Thanks m8, I wish you a merry christmas andthanks for all your effort and that attitude of yours !

Cheers

Wolfseye

rAv3nzZ

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 25, 2013, 11:49:37 am »
Awesome work you're doing there buddy, i will wait until the semifinal release to rate it fully up :)

Anzu

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 27, 2013, 01:11:54 am »
Thanks guys, really glad people are enjoying the mod and appreciate it :)

UPDATE: I just added some new features, including:

"/f setcolor <colorname>" command for setting faction color
Faction chat is now in your faction's color!
Faction tags now appear over players in game, in their factions color!
Plus I fixed and optimized some of the code.

Let me know how it works for you guys or any other suggestions!  I'm still working on adding new things!

Castillo

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 27, 2013, 01:39:23 am »
Glad this will get some use :)  I hope to add faction-wars-type capabilities to it soon (like enemies/allies, etc).

Thanks for understanding that there can't only be things to have a private advantage over others. I am very glad some do understand it. ;) I appreciate that.

Cheers & merry Christmas

Wolfseye

I agree, this is a free mod that the Devs shared with the community for free.  To try to privatize and/or commercialize some user-made script for it is counter-productive to the mentality that created this mod in the first place, in my opinion.

Imagine if the scripters released all their scripts to public, that would ruin every single server, as they could all use the same things, so nothing would be unique of a single server.

I'm not trying to start a discussion, but that's my opinion.

zoydbot

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 27, 2013, 02:12:43 am »
thanks for the update. regarding the database schema changes during updates, it seems detrimental to delete the users data for every update, have you thought about ways in the future so that players dont have to recreate all their stuff everytime theres an update? can we export certain data and re-import it?

xbmc(xbmc.org) for instance, can use a shared mysql server to sync start, stop, pause, watched status, etc between computers. when they release a new update, the db just updates with the new changes, all old data still remains intact and useable. old versions of the software cant read the new db, which is fine by me
« Last Edit: December 27, 2013, 02:15:33 am by zoydbot »

Anzu

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 27, 2013, 02:18:09 am »
thanks for the update. regarding the database schema changes during updates, it seems detrimental to delete the users data for every update, have you thought about ways in the future so that players dont have to recreate all their stuff everytime theres an update? can we export certain data and re-import it?

xbmc(xbmc.org) for instance, can use a shared mysql server to sync start, stop, pause, watched status, etc between computers. when they release a new update, the db just updates with the new changes, all old data still remains intact and useable. old versions of the software cant read the new db, which is fine by me

You're welcome :)  I've only changed the database schema once since the initial release, and I'm going to do my best to avoid changing it again unless I really have to.  If I do end up changing it again, I will try to include a way to alter the existing tables instead of dropping them and losing any existing faction data.  If you already have a big database you can't afford to clear, and you're having trouble updating it, PM me and I would gladly help you out in altering those tables.

UPDATE: I've add some SQL to the first post that will update your database tables properly, without deleting anything. :)

Glad this will get some use :)  I hope to add faction-wars-type capabilities to it soon (like enemies/allies, etc).

Thanks for understanding that there can't only be things to have a private advantage over others. I am very glad some do understand it. ;) I appreciate that.

Cheers & merry Christmas

Wolfseye

Imagine if the scripters released all their scripts to public, that would ruin every single server, as they could all use the same things, so nothing would be unique of a single server.

I'm not trying to start a discussion, but that's my opinion.

I understand what you're saying, but I strongly disagree.  You are under the assumption that every server owner would want to load the exact same scripts as everyone else.  You are also assuming that every player enjoys playing the exact same way, doing the exact same things.  People are different and they enjoy different things.  Some people like Role Play servers with lots of rules and stuph, other's like racing servers, others like faction wars and just all-out mayhem.  That's the wonderful thing about JC2-MP is there's something for everyone :)

Hosting a good server requires more than simply having good scripts and original content (albeit those things are important), and players recognize this.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2013, 02:51:11 am by Anzu »

ZMax

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 27, 2013, 02:59:51 am »
Loved the new update, Anzu! Full of new features! I'll be sure to report any bugs if I found them. Not worm holes or any flies tho. im so fucking funny

Suggestion: Put the version on the thread's title pls

EDIT: So I got a massive error... http://pastebin.com/nyD5nhk4 I didn't edit anything . _. Could it be because it's mixing up with the old data form the .db? Should I delete the old Factions data from the SQL .db?
« Last Edit: December 27, 2013, 03:08:22 am by ZMax »

Anzu

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 27, 2013, 03:18:48 am »
Loved the new update, Anzu! Full of new features! I'll be sure to report any bugs if I found them. Not worm holes or any flies tho. im so fucking funny

EDIT: So I got a massive error... http://pastebin.com/nyD5nhk4 I didn't edit anything . _. Could it be because it's mixing up with the old data form the .db? Should I delete the old Factions data from the SQL .db?

Thanks! I'll be sure to add that version to the title.  Regarding your error, yeah it looks like it's due to not having those additional columns (specifically the awg_factions.color column).  If you feel comfortable running SQL queries manually, you can try the ALTER TABLE statements I recently added to the first post.  I tested them and confirmed they do work to update the tables properly.  However, I would be careful with editing the server.db file while the server is running with players in it (and other modules reading/writing to the same DB).  I had it freeze up on me a few times while trying to modify tables while it was running.

If you really don't care about losing your existing faction data, you can just type this straight into your server console (after you've loaded AWGFactions module, assuming you named the folder "AWGFactions"):
Code: [Select]
lua awgfactions AWGFactions:WipeDB()Hit enter, then type:
reload awgfactionsAnd hit enter again.  This will delete and re-create the new tables.

If those SQL statements don't fix it or you're not sure what to do, feel free to add me on Steam and I can help you through it.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2013, 03:25:00 am by Anzu »

ZMax

• View Profile
Re: AWG Factions v0.01 - by Anzu
« Reply #24 on: December 27, 2013, 03:36:23 am »

Thanks! I'll be sure to add that version to the title.  Regarding your error, yeah it looks like it's due to not having those additional columns (specifically the awg_factions.color column).  If you feel comfortable running SQL queries manually, you can try the ALTER TABLE statements I recently added to the first post.  I tested them and confirmed they do work to update the tables properly.  However, I would be careful with editing the server.db file while the server is running with players in it (and other modules reading/writing to the same DB).  I had it freeze up on me a few times while trying to modify tables while it was running.

If you really don't care about losing your existing faction data, you can just type this straight into your server console (after you've loaded AWGFactions module, assuming you named the folder "AWGFactions"):
lua awgfactions AWGFactions:WipeDB()Hit enter, then type:
reload awgfactionsAnd hit enter again.  This will delete and re-create the new tables.

If those SQL statements don't fix it or you're not sure what to do, feel free to add me on Steam and I can help you through it.

Thank you! I just deleted the faction tables. Problem solved! I'll just add an announcement for players to recreate their factions. Only, tho, I wont do that next update. I'll contact you if that happens again not to delete all the data again.

Anzu

• Donator
    • View Profile
Re: AWG Factions v0.01 - by Anzu
« Reply #25 on: December 27, 2013, 03:49:56 am »
No problem! Glad you got it fixed! :D

Jman100

• View Profile
Re: AWG Factions v0.02 - by Anzu
« Reply #26 on: December 29, 2013, 07:56:22 pm »
Now that it has kick/ban, I'm gonna use yours on my server :P Thanks!

FoulPhil

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 29, 2013, 08:20:35 pm »
How do you get version 2.0? I downloaded it from the OP and it says v.1 and I'm not sure if it just wasn't updated or what. I would like to try it out and see how it's werkin :p

zoydbot

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 29, 2013, 08:29:58 pm »
How do you get version 2.0? I downloaded it from the OP and it says v.1 and I'm not sure if it just wasn't updated or what. I would like to try it out and see how it's werkin :p

if you just pulled it from github it should be the latest. you can also tell by, if you see "Set faction color" in the help, and your server.db contains color varchar under awg_factions(view with http://sourceforge.net/projects/sqlitebrowser/), its at 0.02, anzu may have forgotten to update the version # in the code.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2013, 08:35:07 pm by zoydbot »

FoulPhil

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 29, 2013, 08:41:33 pm »
Oh ok thanks :D