Currently the developers are putting their own money into JC2-MP to keep the servers online.

Please take a few seconds of your time and disable your AdBlock plugin for our website.

Ad revenue is not going to developers, it is used purely for covering our hosting costs.

You are also free to donate, which removes all ads from our website!

Patch 0.3 was just released! Full changelog here: https://t.co/4A50m6IKen

2 years ago

Advertisement
October 15, 2019, 09:02:09 am

Author Topic: UTChat - Chat Replacement  (Read 10106 times)

SonicXVe

• View Profile
Re: UTChat - Chat Replacement
« Reply #30 on: January 05, 2015, 11:24:10 pm »
I appreciate the praise, and sorry for not responding in so long. I tried to keep wired in with e-mail notifications, but it looks like this one slipped by me. I've been quite busy with work and school. To get started, I want to verify that this crash is still occurring. I would appreciate it a ton if you logged all of the issues you're having to the Github repo. The fade issue is a good start. I may not be updating UTChat, but I'll be damned if I let any bugs get past me.

That's the spirit :-) . Welcome back(well, sort of at least)!
Yes, those issues above are still happening, but I have a workaround for one of them and removed the other as feature. I'll put all bugs (there are more) in the issue tracker for you.

Also, I sent you a friend request on steam. Makes it easier to share that workaround and stuff :)

I'll add you and get started on these once I get home from work. I only have a week until school starts again, so I'm going to try and blitz through these as soon as possible.

SonicXVe

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 04, 2015, 06:07:08 am »
Alpha 4 has been released

Download Link

Changelog:
  • Fixed errors toggling chat caused by a reference to an uninitialized variable
  • Fixed infinite loop when using an invalid color in a color tag
  • Fixed signature of Integration methods
  • Updated to use the new Chat:GetUserEnabled function
  • Fixed chat locking up when pressing F3 too many times
  • Fixed chat toggle being inverted
  • Fixed messages showing after chat has been disabled
  • Added Copy()s to prevent passing unwanted Color constant references
  • Fixed issue removing text from a UText object that didn't have any formats
  • Updated integration with more consistent functions
  • Replace integration's table.function assignments with class function declarations (actually fix chat methods)
  • Fix weird alpha issues when disabling/enabling chat
  • misterff1: Added check for Chat:GetEnabled

Important Info

It's like info, but you need to read it okay?

The integration script has been updated with important fixes, you must run the auto-install again or manually replace the scripts with the updated version. The next release (Alpha 5) will include an option in the installer to install to autorun to make this less tedious.

misterff1

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 04, 2015, 05:45:53 pm »
I can confirm that this update makes the script usable to the point where server owners should really consider using this. I have been using this on Gav's Scavenger Hunt for quite some time now and with the latest set of bugfixes it's really a good and stable chat to use.

tally

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 12, 2015, 02:00:17 am »
So I'm working with a SFTP on to a server, and UTChat has made it so I can't write/delete any of its files, and it keeps reinstating a Folder even after I delete and reinstall it.

SonicXVe

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 29, 2015, 02:26:15 am »
I don't think jcmp addons can change file permissions like that. If you're having trouble modifying files, make sure your user has permission to do that. It might be possible if you're running from a GSP that the game is creating files under a higher privilege user than your own. If that's the case, you need to complain to the provider about that.

As for recreating a folder, that isn't a normal function of utchat either. What folder(s) specifically are doing this?

adam1305_

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 28, 2016, 09:52:36 pm »
Hi, does this work for 0.2 or nah?

Thanks

SonicXVe

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 29, 2016, 12:24:28 am »
I haven't heard of any issues besides achievement text not being handled: https://github.com/alecxvs/UTChat/issues/29

Other than that, it should work okay. It's not entirely stable in the first place, there may be some glitching that I haven't caught yet. Additionally, UTChat might not be using features introduced in 0.2 because of my really slow development. If you encounter any issues or have new ideas, please share them (and submit issues here: https://github.com/alecxvs/UTChat/issues).

adam1305_

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 21, 2016, 07:03:08 pm »
Alright, and yeah it does work. The only other problem is, as misterff1 said, the Chat:Broadcast not working. Anybody got a fix for this? Thanks.

Actually, it does. But args.player:GetName() doesn't seem to work as it did before.

This:
Code: Lua
  1. Chat:Broadcast("[ Owner ] ", Color(200,0,0), ""..args.player:GetName(), args.player:GetColor(), ": "..args.text.."", Color.White)

Now becomes this:

Any way to fix this? Thanks.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2016, 07:14:05 pm by adam1305_ »