Currently the developers are putting their own money into JC2-MP to keep the servers online.

Please take a few seconds of your time and disable your AdBlock plugin for our website.

Ad revenue is not going to developers, it is used purely for covering our hosting costs.

You are also free to donate, which removes all ads from our website!

Patch 0.3 was just released! Full changelog here: https://t.co/4A50m6IKen

2 years ago

Advertisement
July 16, 2019, 10:28:05 pm

Author Topic: [REQUEST] - Disable / Enable Scripts  (Read 1211 times)

WPK-Wolfseye

• View Profile
[REQUEST] - Disable / Enable Scripts
« on: January 07, 2014, 10:12:23 am »
Would someone be able to make a script that disables Parachute & Grappling on a Server for all Players ? Or maybe even with a permission setting via Steam ID so that for example Admins can do it (if necessary) and not anyone else ?

Also, I am using the Boost-Lite Script. I wonder, would it be possible to disable that Script with a certain command / key for all players on a Server ? The reason I am doing this is because I sometimes like to do some races (manually) without a the Race Script where we go onto the Map (F1) and choose a point to race to and agree on, and then drive there.

And even though most of the times people agree on not using the Boost, you can't always be sure. But I also don't want to disable the Boost entirely on the Server. Just for a while when doing these races, and then I would like to enable it again without having to connect to my Server (Rootserver and not at my place) and have to unload or load the Script all the time.

If someone could do something about these things, that would be very nice.

Wolfseye

misterff1

• Donator
    • View Profile
Re: [REQUEST] - Disable / Enable Scripts
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2014, 11:06:58 am »
Good one, I would use it too if it is being made

ROODAY

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2014, 02:40:12 pm »
disabling parachute and grapple is fairly simple, I can write it when I get home. Now, do you need it as a command or as 24/7 no grapple thing? As for the boost, I'll look into to it as well, maybe it can be done with events.

WPK-Wolfseye

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2014, 02:50:51 pm »
disabling parachute and grapple is fairly simple, I can write it when I get home. Now, do you need it as a command or as 24/7 no grapple thing? As for the boost, I'll look into to it as well, maybe it can be done with events.

I would like that as a Command that only certain SteamID's can execute. So that it can be enabled and disabled when needed. Nothing permanent.

Same with, if possible, the boost. Would need to be switchable to off & on if necessary by a command from certain Steam ID's only.

Thanks for offering your help!. ;)

Wolfseye

CamJGaming

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2014, 03:00:36 pm »
ZED's mod already disables Grapple Melee and Rolling. I've attached his file. it goes in /scriptname/client

WPK-Wolfseye

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2014, 03:03:35 pm »
I dont have ZED running. And for the moment, that whole thing, as good it sounds and probably is, right now its a bit too complicated to get into. In the long run I will switch to that probably, but for now I wanna stay as it is. Thanks for mentioning it though. ;)

Wolfseye

ROODAY

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2014, 04:04:10 pm »
ZED's mod already disables Grapple Melee and Rolling. I've attached his file. it goes in /scriptname/client

The single file won't work without the rest of ZED as it subscribes to some events that are fired in other ZED files. Rolling is disabled due to the scoreboard, and grapple melee is disabled by MP by default. There are ways to add commands for this in ZED, but that file is not enough. Also, since the other gentlemen voiced his current disposition to not want to use ZED, I can write up a not ZED version as well. I stil don't see why not use ZED though.

WPK-Wolfseye

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2014, 04:17:06 pm »
Also, since the other gentlemen voiced his current disposition to not want to use ZED, I can write up a not ZED version as well. I stil don't see why not use ZED though.

I dont have anything against ZED, at some point I will definately get into that. But currently I am glad the way my Server runs and I dont have the time to get into all the things ZED can do, which is a lot. Please don't misunderstand me in that regard. ;)

Cheers

Wolfseye

IZED

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2014, 04:21:07 pm »
Here is a plugin that restricts the use of the grapple hook and the parachute to users with the permissions "usegrapple" and "useparachute".

This is untested and only applies on connection => Players have to reconnect after they got this permission.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2014, 04:23:52 pm by IZED »