Currently the developers are putting their own money into JC2-MP to keep the servers online.

Please take a few seconds of your time and disable your AdBlock plugin for our website.

Ad revenue is not going to developers, it is used purely for covering our hosting costs.

You are also free to donate, which removes all ads from our website!

Patch 0.3 was just released! Full changelog here: https://t.co/4A50m6IKen

2 years ago

Advertisement
July 20, 2019, 01:43:32 am

Author Topic: Fun Roleplay  (Read 1219 times)

WPK-Wolfseye

• View Profile
Fun Roleplay
« on: January 09, 2014, 12:47:50 pm »
Since the first time I played the JC2MP i was thinking about how much fun it could be to just pretend that its not all about killing but imagine it as a alternative world, not unlike many MMO Games. A world where people interact (chat, no spam),  having Jobs to earn money (such as Taxi Driver or Tourist Boat driver) and try to imagine a life outside the real one but still make it a bit like if it was your real life.

I am also basing this on other MMO Games that have a social factor, where people can have friends and all these things, and not just going around and killing everyone that comes close.

I realized that the first time I played with a very nice guy from Austria around christmas. We met first time on our Server but we immediately enjoyed the Game for what it has to offer, a huge Open World which can be used for all sorts of fun interaction and again, I don't mean just going around and killing everyone just because its supposed to be fun to only do that.

We had some nice Limousine drives and all that, and in that time the Game didn't felt like what it is on most Servers, just run & gun.

I wonder if there are more people out there that would be interested in doing something like that, seeing the whole thing as a big roleplay act where you come and be part of a play of sorts. A situation where you have to get a Job to get money, but also wanna hang out with people at certain points for a nice, more socially interactive chat and meet.

There are not really any Scripts out (at least not publically) which would support something like that in a more controlled environment. And even if there would be a really good & complete working public Factions script, it wouldn't be what I have in mind.

But if there were people like the guy I mentioned above, people that would like to just "play" in the way as we would pretend it would be real life (where I dont just go around and shoot everyone on the street LOL), I think this could be a lot of fun.

If anyone would have serious interest in this, and by serious I mean of course not ambitional, this ain't a movie where you get famous on. So there is no need for heros. But I mean serious interest as in knowing that only if people work together in something like this, it could work out that way.

In that case I would appreciate your comments and hopefully meet some people that would be interested in doing this. If you don't really have anything to say about this that is in the interest of the topic, please don't bother commenting on it since we don't need another rant.

Thank you.

Wolfseye

cheech987

• View Profile
Re: Fun Roleplay
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2014, 06:05:02 am »
were will be servers ... just wait