Currently the developers are putting their own money into JC2-MP to keep the servers online.

Please take a few seconds of your time and disable your AdBlock plugin for our website.

Ad revenue is not going to developers, it is used purely for covering our hosting costs.

You are also free to donate, which removes all ads from our website!

Patch 0.3 was just released! Full changelog here: https://t.co/4A50m6IKen

2 months ago

July 27, 2017, 10:51:45 am

Author Topic: Featured Server Requests  (Read 32586 times)

Trix

• Developer
    • View Profile
Featured Server Requests
« on: January 09, 2014, 01:59:40 pm »
We're noticing there are several unique servers out there that are not getting the players they deserve due to the large number of freeroam servers that are consistently at the top because of their player count. To overcome this, we are going to feature unique servers to show off JC2-MP's Lua scripting and truly deliver an unique experience to the players.

If you want to have your server displayed in the Featured panel, simply reply to this thread in the format outlined in the example below to have your server reviewed for eligibility. We'll join your server to ensure that your claim is accurate; if it is, we'll consider adding it to the featured servers.

To ensure that all servers get maximum visibility, we'll be rotating the servers in game and providing a dedicated Featured tab on the server browser.

Please read the guidelines before applying!
It's hard to come up with a solid list of requirements, so here are some generic things we are looking for:
  • The server is not running the freeroam script
  • The server runs several unique scripts made from scratch
  • The server has a specific goal or play style different from other servers
  • You have invested a lot of time into developing scripts

Please do not apply unless you are the server owner and can make sure your server will be able to support the many players you will get. Selection of featured servers is merit-based: unless your server provides a compelling reason to play, it will not be included. You cannot offer other incentives in exchange for being featured.

Here is how it looks in our server browser:

Please use this template to apply:
Server name: Awesome server with engaging game-mode
Server IP: 1.3.3.7
Featured Image: http://awesome.domain/featured_image.png (PNG format, 320x180 resolution)
Why your server should be on the server list:
A convincing reason as to why your server is unique and deserves to be featured.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2015, 02:52:31 pm by Trix »

Jman100

• JC2-MP Betatester
    • View Profile
Re: Highlighted Server Requests
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2014, 01:38:59 pm »
Server name: Jman100's Ultimate Freeroam
Server IP: jcmp.jman100.com
This server is a freeroam server with only the best scripts. It has top community-liked scripts as well as a few custom ones thrown in, like Passive mode and special donor vehicles not found on most servers.  Tons of custom teleport locations, custom derby courses, and more!

misterff1

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2014, 02:07:01 pm »
Server name: Freeroam Fun Server
server ip: 95.85.12.143:7777
why should this server be on the list:
the Freeroam Fun Server has many scripts added and we focus on a wide variety of players. All modes that people like can be found here and if they are not added yet and people ask for it, we add it. Yes, it is a freeroam server, but not an ordinairy one.

Now, why do I say this when you are looking for non- freeroam servers?
Well, lets just look at some facts.. I have spent over 90 hours last month to improve my server. I worked VERY hard to make it a high quality freeroam server. And lets be honest, it was not the name, because thats the most cliche name a person can think of. No, this server became somewhere on top because of good management, lots of scripts and a nice playerbase(which was not possible without the first ones).
Yeah sure, some servers just became on top because of their names, but I had to work very hard to get there and I only managed to get in the top 5 in the last 1,5 week.
Just think, would it be fair to say 'Hey, nice server, but since you have freeroam we will give others an advantage and steal your playerbase'?
No, it wouldn't!

Now I am not saying you have to add me on the highlighted list because of this, you could also think of a new tab with 'recommended servers' .
If you do still want it this way, I think I have the right to say I belong there since I would NEVER come this high without putting all my free time in it. On top of that you seen my reason on top op this post.

I hope you understand why I am not too happy to see this implemented and hope you will think about other solutions
« Last Edit: January 20, 2014, 03:00:04 pm by misterff1 »

Woet

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2014, 03:13:20 pm »
We've played on both servers and they do not meet the requirements. We're looking for servers
with unique scripts and gamemodes that are different compared to all other servers. If you join the
2 servers we already added, you would see they are completely different to the existing servers.

Philpax

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2014, 03:19:56 pm »
In addition to what Woet said, both your servers are already quite high population in comparison to other servers. Highlighted servers are meant for servers that need a leg up in establishing their community; we'll pull servers off the highlighted list as soon as they become self-sustaining.

It's a way to bring out the best, most unique servers; once they reach critical mass, the highlighted server system will have done its job.

crescentfresh

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2014, 09:33:56 pm »
Server name: Jman100's Ultimate Freeroam
This server is a freeroam server with only the best scripts. It has top community-liked scripts as well as a few custom ones thrown in, like Passive mode and special donor vehicles not found on most servers.  Tons of custom teleport locations, custom derby courses, and more!

I second this Jman100! Your server feels quite different than the main frequented servers.

I would definitely say that Jman's server needs a leg up, I think a normal player count is between 10-20 players. He has put a lot of times into it and has responded to frequent suggestions about change by altering some of the scripts and buy menu's.

Woet

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2014, 09:38:32 pm »
We are not looking to discuss whether certain servers should be added or not. Server owners can request to be added to the list, we'll join the server and determine whether this is the case. In general, this will be servers not running freeroam, but only servers providing an unique gamemode using extensive Lua scripting.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2014, 09:40:42 pm by Woet »

CamJGaming

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2014, 02:43:00 am »
Could it be a variation of Freemode, custom scripted though. We won't be using any public scripts sometime soon, all custom made.

SyedMuhammad

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2014, 11:07:15 am »
Server name: Brasil Role Play
Server IP: 201.82.187.202:7777
I'm doing a Role Play (Real Life) server, basing myself deep in the San Andreas Multiplayer RPG servers. I already created: smart gas system, jobs, homes, wages, professions like police and thief, Level-Up/Exp-Up, jail, star wanted level, and have acquired a database completely up to the server thereby have a better integration of scripts and their data.
The server is all in Portuguese, language from my country.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2014, 11:51:58 am by SyedMuhammad »

Jman100

• JC2-MP Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2014, 01:01:58 pm »
Re-submission due to new content
Server name: Jman100's Freeroam Construction Sandbox
I have created a unique sandbox-type game mode I call Build World. In it, players can, as a community, build their own creations using hundreds of props in a spawn menu. This allows the creation of anything from houses, to small towns, to whatever you can think of.

Here is a video trailer of Build World:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q2Il3bWv6Rs

And some screenshots:
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=222115133
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=222108747
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=221758699
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=220987375
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=220947219

See you there!

Philpax

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2014, 03:06:24 pm »
Server name: Brasil Role Play
Server IP: 201.82.187.202:7777
I'm doing a Role Play (Real Life) server, basing myself deep in the San Andreas Multiplayer RPG servers. I already created: smart gas system, jobs, homes, wages, professions like police and thief, Level-Up/Exp-Up, jail, star wanted level, and have acquired a database completely up to the server thereby have a better integration of scripts and their data.
The server is all in Portuguese, language from my country.

Your server wasn't up at the time of testing. Can you let us know when it'll be up again? On a related note, highlighted servers should be up 24/7.

Re-submission due to new content
Server name: Jman100's Freeroam Construction Sandbox
I have created a unique sandbox-type game mode I call Build World. In it, players can, as a community, build their own creations using hundreds of props in a spawn menu. This allows the creation of anything from houses, to small towns, to whatever you can think of.

Here is a video trailer of Build World:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q2Il3bWv6Rs

And some screenshots:
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=222115133
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=222108747
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=221758699
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=220987375
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=220947219

See you there!

Approved - welcome to the highlighted server list.

Despite Jman100's server being a freeroam server, he's added a unique twist that makes it much more interesting. Think you've got something similarly exciting? Make sure to let us know!
« Last Edit: January 30, 2014, 03:09:54 pm by Philpax »

SyedMuhammad

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2014, 01:26:17 am »
Your server wasn't up at the time of testing. Can you let us know when it'll be up again? On a related note, highlighted servers should be up 24/7.

Oh, it's a shame because I'm hosting my server at
home for now, while I am coding.

It is open from 17h to 01h.
(on my country is 14h to 22h).

Thank You!
« Last Edit: January 31, 2014, 01:28:46 am by SyedMuhammad »

JasonMRC

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2014, 06:07:52 am »
Server name: [US-East] ::Problem Solvers::All the Best MODs-V 0.1.3-50+ MODs
Server IP: 173.233.189.162
I don't like writing 'why do you deserve X' things because they tend to make the writer sound arrogant, hopefully that won't be the case here.

Problem Solvers server was designed and created with the idea that there should be a place with all the great MODs. I have played on numerous servers that were great, but none of them had all my favorite MODs. With Problem Solvers, I and my Co-owner JRDGames have taken great care to gather all the MODs most loved by the community and ourselves. We have tweaked most of them anywhere from small configuration changes all the way to near complete re-writes. We are currently running 48 MODs, 5 of which were written by us, 3 which were re-written from their originals to suit our needs, and 4 which have had large additions to them.
We could have a higher count of MODs if we were just trying to have 'lots of MODs', but we make sure none of them contradict and that they compliment each other.

We have optimized the sync rates for better on foot player-vs-player weapon battles. I know some may say this isn't possible but from our tests we've noticed a much more accurate fire and hit with player weapons. A Dev can ask what these were or they can come to our server and check it out.

We have added over 100 teleport locations categorized into easy-to-understand groupings using the QuickTP MOD. They include the base popular areas as well as key and iconic locations from SP including the Faction bases, strongholds, and of course Karl Blaine's. Oddities and other points of interest are also in the menus, allowing you to get pretty much anywhere in a moment and to even discover some things you didn't know existed. There are even some places ideal for FPS style combat.

A combination of Shop, Factions, Panau Drivers, and FiniteFuel provides a Roleplay-esque environment to those who desire it. We have a few people who play this such way often. It is tweaked to be realistic enough for RPers, but not too restrictive for normal play.

We've also added a continual scrolling tips area so that those unfamiliar with JC2MP or JC2 in general can easily and quickly become knowledgeable of basic things.

Our regular players vary from RolePlayers, to FPS Player Killers, to Freeroam fun, to anything else you can do in JC2MP.

Yes, we do run Freeroam and I understand that may very well not allow us to be highlighted, if that's the case then so be it. As with other MODs, Freeroam has been customized to our needs. The random radius spawn has been removed, but there are still many spawn points. Other changes have been made as well, but for obvious reasons I don't want to say everything we've done to our server.

We give credit in the MOTD to all the scripters of the MODs we're running.

I'm not sure what else to say about the server. As I mentioned above, we've made tweaks to just about every MOD we're running. This post would be too long if I mentioned them all and it would remove the uniqueness of our server. I hope you'll enjoy what you see when you visit and that it will be worthy of highlighting. If not, then I appreciate your time and thank you for your consideration.

-----

I'd like to make a suggestion in general regarding the Highlighted servers:
I don't think it's right to show all the highlighted ones simultaneously. It doesn't 'feel' right. I think it would be better to limit it to one showing at a time and either the one that shows is random for everyone or it rotates each day.

They also might should be removed once they hit X active users. With there being 300-700 players on JC2MP globally on average, 100 on a highlighted server is a pretty big chunk.

EDIT: Or perhaps if they have more than 10% of the total players online at the time, they aren't shown as highlighted.
EDIT 2: We recently did a large update to Shop and Factions which greatly increases their versatility and helps showcase the potential of these MODs and the JC2MP system.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2014, 08:24:21 am by JasonMRC »

jaredh49

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 12, 2014, 07:11:28 am »
Server name:SuperCause Multiplayer :FREEBUYMENU:BOOSTLITE:FREEROAM:
Server Ip: 98.30.173.84:7777
Why your server Should be on the server list:
This is a freeroam server with many fun scripts and active admins to make sure everything is in shape, it is very fun and reliable.

IceDragon

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 12, 2014, 08:02:57 am »
Server name:SuperCause Multiplayer :FREEBUYMENU:BOOSTLITE:FREEROAM:
Server Ip: 98.30.173.84:7777
Why your server Should be on the server list:
This is a freeroam server with many fun scripts and active admins to make sure everything is in shape, it is very fun and reliable.

Please read the guidelines before applying!
It's hard to come up with a solid list of requirements, so here are some generic things we are looking for:
The server is not running the freeroam script
The server runs several unique scripts made from scratch
The server has a specific goal or play style different from other servers
You have invested a lot of time into developing scripts

This clearly says that they are not looking for any server running the freeroam script.
From your post and the server name I can already tell you put no real effort into coding anything new.
Why can your server be highlited when there are other freeroam servers with "active admins".
« Last Edit: April 12, 2014, 08:10:20 am by IceDragon »