Currently the developers are putting their own money into JC2-MP to keep the servers online.

Please take a few seconds of your time and disable your AdBlock plugin for our website.

Ad revenue is not going to developers, it is used purely for covering our hosting costs.

You are also free to donate, which removes all ads from our website!

Patch 0.3 was just released! Full changelog here: https://t.co/4A50m6IKen

2 years ago

Advertisement
July 18, 2019, 07:39:51 pm

Author Topic: Panau Drivers 0.2.2 : drive across Panau to earn money, now with player convoys!  (Read 19706 times)

WPK-Wolfseye

• View Profile
Re: Panau Drivers 0.1.1 : make deliveries across Panau to earn money
« Reply #45 on: January 22, 2014, 08:53:16 am »
Looking forward to that next update, Blushine. ;) Thanks for all your work.

Wolfseye

JasonMRC

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 23, 2014, 07:49:41 am »
Neat script! Definitely adds a bit more solo stuff to do when on low pop servers. And the jobs are kinda addicting :P

Could you add an admin toggle or possibly a player choice toggle to allow short, medium, or long jobs? Like 3km or less, 5m or less, and 10km or more? With default being medium.

Also, could you please make the directional arrow over the player/vehicle be 3d or add the X axis to it? It is sometimes hard/impossible to see when the camera goes level with it. I duped your arrow code and changed it to 1 on the X axis instead of Y and now it shows a sort of 3D quad arrow, much easier to see when driving. I can provide code or pics if you want to see how mine works/looks now.

KungfuBeer

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 24, 2014, 05:21:48 am »
If I change the EventFire per the 0.1.2 instructions, will it work then? Steam updated my client so I had to update my server.  Now most scripts do not work.

JasonMRC

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 28, 2014, 08:59:47 pm »
If I change the EventFire per the 0.1.2 instructions, will it work then? Steam updated my client so I had to update my server.  Now most scripts do not work.
Search for Events:FireRegistered and remove any extra connecting words after Fire.

Is this script still being developed? I've noticed that if you have a map marker set and get out of any vehicle, even your own, it will clear your marker.

KungfuBeer

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 29, 2014, 12:41:23 am »
I did followed the directions per the changelog a few days ago, now all scripts work again.

BluShine

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 29, 2014, 01:01:57 am »
Search for Events:FireRegistered and remove any extra connecting words after Fire.

Is this script still being developed? I've noticed that if you have a map marker set and get out of any vehicle, even your own, it will clear your marker.

Yeah, a lot of people still used the deprecated FireRegistered function. I'm pretty sure that my script only uses Events:Fire, so it shouldn't need any changing. It seems to work fine for me, but let me know if there are any issues that I missed.

And yes, I'm still working on the script. I took a bit of a break to do the Global Game Jam, but I'm back to working on it.

The disappearing waypoints will be fixed in the next update. If you really want it fixed right now, find JobFinish and JobCancel in the client script, and change
Code: Lua
  1. Waypoint:Remove()
  2. self.job = nil
to
Code: Lua
  1. if self.job != nil then
  2.         Waypoint:Remove()
  3.         self.job = nil
  4. end

That should make it only remove the waypoint if you exit a vehicle during an active job.

JasonMRC

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 29, 2014, 02:41:04 am »
That fixed it, thanks.

Did you see my previous post, about adding an option in the togglebox for short/med/long jobs? Perhaps a easy/med/hard/harder as well?

BluShine

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 30, 2014, 05:43:01 am »
That fixed it, thanks.

Did you see my previous post, about adding an option in the togglebox for short/med/long jobs? Perhaps a easy/med/hard/harder as well?

Yeah, I plan on adding something to give a bias towards shorter jobs that will be configurable on the server. It won't completely remove jobs that are over a certain distance. Instead, it will randomly generate multiple possible jobs and pick the shortest one. So, depending on how high you set the "iterations", it will generate more possible jobs and long jobs will be rarer (but still have a small chance of appearing). It's hard to set a hard limit like "5km", because that depends on the locations, and for some locations it might not be possible to generate a short enough job, or it might always generate the exact same job.

As for client-side, I've been thinking of making the available jobs change color based on the distance/reward. A togglebox could work, too, but I'm not sure that's the best solution.

WPK-Wolfseye

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 30, 2014, 08:44:26 am »
One thing is for sure, often the Jobs require a boost script to be running as well. Because sometimes you get a truck to get into some high location in the snowy mountains, and depending on the truck for example, you hardly get up there because its too heavy and too slow to get up. Boost is required óften to get the vehicle where its supposed to go.

Not that it is a problem, its just a fact. ;)

Cheers

Wolfseye

BluShine

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 30, 2014, 12:38:12 pm »
One thing is for sure, often the Jobs require a boost script to be running as well. Because sometimes you get a truck to get into some high location in the snowy mountains, and depending on the truck for example, you hardly get up there because its too heavy and too slow to get up. Boost is required óften to get the vehicle where its supposed to go.

Hmm... I haven't noticed this myself. Can you give any specific locations or vehicles? There are some hills that are difficult with the heavier trucks, but I haven't found any that are outright impossible without boosting.

Anyways, I just uploaded the BETA version of "companies". It's a huge update, pretty much doubling the length of the server script. I've done quite a few hours of testing on a LAN server with 2 players, but I probably missed a few errors or bugs, so that's why this is in a beta branch, not the full release branch. If you use it, please report any bugs or errors that you find. Consider this your BIG IMPORTANT BETA DISCLAIMER, USE AT YOUR OWN RISK. I don't recommend running this if you run a server where stability is a concern. Now, onto the new features!

Players can now form companies! The first person to form a company is designated the "boss". The boss is the only one who can accept or deny people joining the company. Also, the boss is the only one in the company who can start jobs. When the boss starts a job, they will be the first person to spawn in a vehicle. After they leave the spawn area, the next player in the company will spawn, and so on until everyone is in a vehicle. You complete the job as normally and earn money for it. When everyone in the company finishes (or cancels) the job, they will also be rewarded a bonus, based on how many people finished the job. If the boss of a company leaves, the role of boss will be passed on to the next person in the company. If everyone leaves, the company is automatically deleted.

Commands:

• type "/co help" to list the company commands
  • "/co create name" creates a company called "name"
  • "/co join name" to join the company called "name"
  • when a player requests to join a company, the boss may type /co y to accept them, or /co n to deny them
  • "/co leave" will leave the company
  • "/co kick <playerID>" will kick a player in the company based on their player ID. Use F6 (the playerlist script) to find player IDs. Only the boss can kick.
  • "/co say blah blah blah" will say "blah blah blah" to everyone in the company.

You can download it in a separate Github branch here: https://github.com/BluShine/PanauDrivers/archive/beta.zip. If you use the normal link in the original post, you will keep using the older version.

I hope to have everything finalized by friday: fixing bugs, adding info to the help menu, doing some of the GUI stuff that's been mentioned, etc.

Once again, please report any issues here or on github. Any feedback is appreciated. Hope you have fun!
« Last Edit: January 30, 2014, 12:43:04 pm by BluShine »

KungfuBeer

• Donator
    • View Profile
Awesome work!  Thanks for the hours you dedicated to this!

BluShine

• View Profile
Updated, 0.2.1 (still beta).

• I made some more GUI improvements. Job location arrows now change color based on the distance (green is short, yellow is medium, red is long, etc.). Also, location arrows and circles will show from further away, and you have to be closer to see text names of locations.
  • Job destination now shows a green circle. I did notice that a few of the locations will have a messed-up underground waypoint. This won't fix the waypoint itself, but it will make it easier to see where you have to go.
  • Added company info to the F5 help menu.
  • Boosted all job rewards x4. After playing it some more, this seems like a good balance to work with the default buy script and stuff. Also, most server owners seem to turn it up anyways.
  • Added a bias towards shorter-distance jobs during job generation. Basically, when a job is generated, the script will generate multiple jobs and choose the shortest one that it finds. This can be configured to change the number of iterations. The default is generating 4 jobs and picking the shortest. You can set it to 1 if you want jobs to be completely random. Turning this up really high will make it take a lot longer to load the script. Also, setting it really high will make jobs more repetitive.
  • Added an experimental vertical setting for the green navigation arrow. There is still some weirdness, and I'm not quite sure how to fix it without re-writing the whole thing, so it's disabled by default. But in some cases, it can be clearer than the normal arrow.

I hope to do some more testing, but I'm starting to feel pretty confident about some of the new features, so I might remove the "BETA WARNING" soon. But don't hesitate to report any issues.

ROODAY

• View Profile
looks much schemckzy. i like

JasonMRC

• Donator
    • View Profile
Updated, 0.2.1 (still beta).

• I made some more GUI improvements. Job location arrows now change color based on the distance (green is short, yellow is medium, red is long, etc.). Also, location arrows and circles will show from further away, and you have to be closer to see text names of locations.
  • Job destination now shows a green circle. I did notice that a few of the locations will have a messed-up underground waypoint. This won't fix the waypoint itself, but it will make it easier to see where you have to go.
  • Added company info to the F5 help menu.
  • Boosted all job rewards x4. After playing it some more, this seems like a good balance to work with the default buy script and stuff. Also, most server owners seem to turn it up anyways.
  • Added a bias towards shorter-distance jobs during job generation. Basically, when a job is generated, the script will generate multiple jobs and choose the shortest one that it finds. This can be configured to change the number of iterations. The default is generating 4 jobs and picking the shortest. You can set it to 1 if you want jobs to be completely random. Turning this up really high will make it take a lot longer to load the script. Also, setting it really high will make jobs more repetitive.
  • Added an experimental vertical setting for the green navigation arrow. There is still some weirdness, and I'm not quite sure how to fix it without re-writing the whole thing, so it's disabled by default. But in some cases, it can be clearer than the normal arrow.

I hope to do some more testing, but I'm starting to feel pretty confident about some of the new features, so I might remove the "BETA WARNING" soon. But don't hesitate to report any issues.

Love the changes, just a few notes though:
Can you put a If job distance <= 50m then create new job? Because I've noticed it often pulls a job to the location you're at. It seems to do this more now with you checking for shorter jobs.
I LOVE the vertical arrow and TBH find it much more useful than the horizontal one. In the previous version I had tweaked it to show both, which I find to be the most useful. I tweaked this one to do the same and added a toggle for both at the top, Vertical = true and Horizontal = true. They control their respective arrows. Perhaps you should have this be in the actual script? It's a small change on your side and you can still have the horizontal one be default.
The reason I like both is because sometimes the horizontal one can't be seen while driving unless you move the camera. Likewise sometimes the vertical one can't if your destination is directly infront/behind you. The Admin toggle option seems best to me.

I thought there was something else I wanted to mention, but can't remember it atm. Oh well.

BluShine

• View Profile
Both pretty good ideas, JasonMRC! I added that thing to avoid jobs that are less than 100m away from the start. The "deliver to self" jobs will still occasionally happen, but it's mostly just an issue with airplane jobs, especially the large plane jobs. There's really not very many large airstrips on Panau.

I changed the "vertical arrow" option to "super arrow", which basically just combines 3 arrows to be pseudo-3D. Also, I raised the position of the arrow on the screen, it's a bit higher now. And I tilted the arrow so it points a bit downwards, which makes the default arrow easier to see when it would normally be flat.

I've also fixed a few bugs and did some more testing in the past few days, so I'm feeling more confident about the newest version, and I merged the beta channel to the release. As always, please report any bugs or errors, and thanks for any feedback!