Currently the developers are putting their own money into JC2-MP to keep the servers online.

Please take a few seconds of your time and disable your AdBlock plugin for our website.

Ad revenue is not going to developers, it is used purely for covering our hosting costs.

You are also free to donate, which removes all ads from our website!

Patch 0.3 was just released! Full changelog here: https://t.co/4A50m6IKen

3 months ago

August 22, 2017, 03:03:03 pm

Author Topic: 0.1.2 Release  (Read 20385 times)

Philpax

• Developer
    • View Profile
0.1.2 Release
« on: January 23, 2014, 09:09:34 am »

0.1.2 Release

Key Information

Server Owners

As of 0.1.2, the PlayerStreamDistance, VehicleStreamDistance, and CheckpointStreamDistance values in config.lua have been merged into one StreamDistance variable. The CellSize variable has been removed in favor of deducing it from the StreamDistance variable. If you have made changes to these variables, make sure to update your config appropriately, or it will use default values.

For example, the Streamer section of your config.lua may have looked like this (not including comments):

Code: Lua
  1. Streamer =
  2. {
  3.     PlayerStreamDistance        = 500,
  4.     VehicleStreamDistance       = 500,
  5.     CheckpointStreamDistance    = 500,
  6.     CellSize                    = 512
  7. }

It should be changed to this:

1. Streamer =
  2. {
  3.     -- The default distance before objects are streamed out.
  4.     -- Default value (in metres): 500
  5.     StreamDistance              = 500
  6. }

If you haven't changed the values, it is still advisable you update the Streamer section for compatibility.

Server Owners and Scripters

This update will remove the FireRegisteredEvent, Register and Unregister functions that were deprecated as of 0.1.1. You must remove these from your scripts to ensure that your scripts will run with 0.1.2.

All of the default scripts have been updated to fix this; if you are using them, you can copy them from the default_scripts folder or from GitHub.

Otherwise, to manually update your scripts, simply find and replace "Events:FireRegisteredEvent" to "Events:Fire" and remove any lines with "Events:Register" and "Events:Unregister" in them, so that (for example) this script:

1. Events:Register( "JoinGamemode" )
  2. Events:Subscribe( "JoinGamemode", JoinGamemode )
  4. function SomeFunction( player )
  5.     Events:FireRegisteredEvent( "JoinGamemode", player )
  6. end
  8. Events:Unregister( "JoinGamemode" )

will become
  1. Events:Subscribe( "JoinGamemode", JoinGamemode )
  3. function SomeFunction( player )
  4.     Events:Fire( "JoinGamemode", player )
  5. end

0.1.2 Changelog

Object Spawning
Unleash the true potential of JC2-MP scripting!

It's finally here! We've added the ability to spawn any model from the game, giving scripters an opportunity to massively extend Panau with their own crazy creations. The majority of JC2 models are spawnable; will you be the first to create a majestic city in the sky? Or will you be the first to create a stunt server filled with insane ramps and loops? The potential lies in your hands!

To help you find models for use on a server, Trix has put together a model viewer script for 0.1.2 which you can find here. Please note it is meant for development purposes only; unless you're a scripter in need of models, don't run it on your server.

Work-in-progress documentation for object spawning can be found here.

Highlighted Servers
Check out the servers of the week!

We've noticed that some of the more exotic, interesting servers aren't getting all the attention they deserve; to help remedy this, we've chosen to highlight these servers and rotate through them on a regular basis. You can apply for your server to be highlighted here.

To start off, we've decided to highlight the excellent Battle for Panau and Real Life servers as we feel these are an excellent example of how we'd like JC2-MP to develop going forward. Think you've got something equally as promising coming up? Let us know!

New Features
    Shared
    Reenabled Lua's debug functions
    Removed Events functions: FireRegisteredEvent, Register and Unregister
    Added (websafe) constants to Color
    Added common vector constants
    Added Transform2:Invert and Transform3:Invert
    Added StaticObject, allowing you to spawn most objects from the game
    Added an 'entity' field to Player:GetAimTarget which contains the player, vehicle or static object the player is aiming at

Server
    Replaced OGP with GameSpy4 query protocol, making it possible to connect to a server when Announce = false, as well as improving server stability
    Added Player:GetIP
    Unhandled packet warnings now print the source IP address
    Added Console:Run under IKnowWhatImDoing, allowing scripts to run console commands
    Added the PlayerWorldChange Lua event
    Removed CellSize in config.lua; merged PlayerStreamDistance, VehicleStreamDistance and CheckpointStreamDistance into one StreamDistance variable

Client
    Added highlighted servers
    Added BaseWindow functions SetWidth, SetHeight, GetWidth, GetHeight, RelativeToAbsolute and AbsoluteToRelative
    Added Label functions GetTextSize and SetTextSize
    Added TableRow functions (Get/Set) BackgroundEvenColor, BackgroundOddColor, BackgroundHoverColor, BackgroundEvenSelectedColor, BackgroundOddSelectedColor
    Added the LocalPlayerWorldChange Lua event
    Added BaseWindow:Subscribe with the events HoverEnter, HoverLeave, Focus, Blur, PreRender, Render, and PostRender
    Added Render:SetClip
    Added the MouseUp Lua event
    Added Game:GetTime to get the time of the current world

Bug Fixes
    Shared
    Attempting to access invalid static Lua class variables now returns nil instead of erroring
    Changed static gettable for Lua classes to also return instance methods; i.e. you can get Player.SendChatMessage without requiring an actual player
    Fixed Vector2 and Vector3 default constructors having uninitialised components
    Time is now properly synced across all worlds, not just DefaultWorld; clients also receive the time every 30 seconds to prevent drift

Server
    IKnowWhatImDoing now unlocks more, including os and io functions
    Fixed crash on startup for Linux builds

Client
    Fixed a very prevalent crash related to invalid data being passed into JC2's landscape code
    Fixed crash when unloading a module with a modal window
    Player is now made vulnerable after disconnecting from a server
    Fixed passing LocalPlayer through Events:Fire not working
    Fixed (parent, name) GWEN constructors not applying the name
    Changed default server browser sort to lowest ping
    Fixed vehicles sometimes becoming invulnerable when being repaired
    Fixed sometimes dying inside terrain after CalcView reenables the local player
    Fixed Window:DisableResizing not working
    Clamped font size from 0 to 512
    Increased font size on main menu
    Menu/console windows are now resized on resolution change
    Changed GWEN Slider background line to white to improve visibility
    Fixed ProgressBar:SetCycleSpeed not updating the auto label
    Fixed BaseWindow:__eq being undefined
    Fixed scrollbar being invisible in a GWEN Tree
    Fixed infinite loop in GWEN when labels with word wrap are too small
    Fixed labels with word wrap not being docked correctly
    Fixed cursor not showing up for all corners of a window
    Fixed crash when resizing JC2 before main menu
    Fixed crash in InputAction::SetState hook
    Fixed crash in Player::EnterSmartObject

Make sure to check out the highlighted servers! They're all set up on 0.1.2 and ready to go; both of them bring an entirely different experience to JC2-MP, and are definitely worth checking out.

ViruZz

• Donator
    • View Profile
Re: 0.1.2 Release
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2014, 09:59:29 am »
Good job @ The Development Team.

3ammarTheHunter

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2014, 10:16:42 am »
Guys i still have this issue, before the last update, 0.1.1 i think, i was able to play Just Cause 2 multiplayer without any issues.
I don't own the game, i play it from a shared library on steam, but i was playing this one fine! Until 0.1.1 got released, it keeps saying i require the base game bla bla bla. What changed? What should i do ?

ViruZz

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2014, 10:26:00 am »
Guys i still have this issue, before the last update, 0.1.1 i think, i was able to play Just Cause 2 multiplayer without any issues.
I don't own the game, i play it from a shared library on steam, but i was playing this one fine! Until 0.1.1 got released, it keeps saying i require the base game bla bla bla. What changed? What should i do ?

Buy the game.

Philpax

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2014, 10:27:27 am »

We're looking into this issue; it's related to Steam. No guarantees on whether we can fix it, sorry.

WPK-Wolfseye

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2014, 10:41:24 am »
Thanks for the Update, guys. ;) Got both my Servers updated now. Although I am sure I don't get any of the Spawning features to work, since it seems that requires more than just a command to get something. A Gui would be nice for that, like in Garry's Mod. But can't have it all. ;)

Anyways, thank you very much for this great Game.

Cheers

Wolfseye

3ammarTheHunter

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2014, 02:24:23 pm »
Buy the game.

I understand how you're annoyed by me, but i would buy it if i could . I seriously can't.

We're looking into this issue; it's related to Steam. No guarantees on whether we can fix it, sorry.

Thanks a lot! I Really hope you can find out a way to fix this :]

cheech987

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2014, 04:16:31 pm »
will were ever be the possibility of interiors?

[GK7]Nakroma

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2014, 04:19:43 pm »
This update broke my client or something.
I log in, 10 secs then I crash, everytime.

JasonMRC

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2014, 08:36:15 pm »
Nice, got my server, Problem Solvers, updated with respective mods updated.

Does this update also allow us to use more/all NPC models? I noticed the Real Life server has some models other servers don't. The wiki has a list of the IDs for all the models in the game but most of those didn't work last I tried.

MisterMan

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2014, 11:39:24 pm »
First of all, I love the mod. Thank you for making it!

This update broke my game though. Sometimes I can't connect, usually it connects, but then when I touch the ground or shoot I get disconnected. Client says, "Connection Lost." Server says, "Player disconnected."

bordmouse

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2014, 01:11:04 am »
I really hope that the devs can make the menu and the buy menu controller friendly. It gets rather tedious when switching back and forth from controller to mouse. I really love using a controller for Just Cause 2/ Just Cause 2 Multiplayer so please devs, here me out.

Trix

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2014, 06:07:26 am »

This update broke my game though. Sometimes I can't connect, usually it connects, but then when I touch the ground or shoot I get disconnected. Client says, "Connection Lost." Server says, "Player disconnected."

It sounds like you are still in the publicbeta branch. You need to opt out as there were minor network changes in the newer builds.

3ammarTheHunter

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2014, 12:33:48 pm »

[GK7]Nakroma

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2014, 08:02:04 pm »

It sounds like you are still in the publicbeta branch. You need to opt out as there were minor network changes in the newer builds.

Can I do anything that stops JC2:MP from crashing every few secs? This happens to all people I know as well btw.