Currently the developers are putting their own money into JC2-MP to keep the servers online.

Please take a few seconds of your time and disable your AdBlock plugin for our website.

Ad revenue is not going to developers, it is used purely for covering our hosting costs.

You are also free to donate, which removes all ads from our website!

Patch 0.3 was just released! Full changelog here: https://t.co/4A50m6IKen

3 months ago

August 22, 2017, 07:23:43 am

Author Topic: Greenhound's Cops and Robbers (WIP)  (Read 10701 times)

Greenhound

• View Profile
Re: Greenhound's Cops and Robbers (WIP)
« Reply #30 on: November 15, 2014, 02:20:07 am »
any artists out there interested in creating some of the art for inventory items?

Darwood37

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 15, 2014, 03:32:30 am »
any artists out there interested in creating some of the art for inventory items?

You could not afford me  :P What you looking for?

Greenhound

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 15, 2014, 03:55:09 am »

decided i wanna go deeper into creating an RPG style game - need icons to represent inventory items like food, drugs, materials and weapons, probably 64x64 and all in some uniform style

AkioUK

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 15, 2014, 05:47:17 am »

decided i wanna go deeper into creating an RPG style game - need icons to represent inventory items like food, drugs, materials and weapons, probably 64x64 and all in some uniform style

is it for your server?

Greenhound

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 19, 2014, 03:50:29 am »

is it for your server?

yeah, been working on it a bit, the todo list is getting shorter and shorter

Greenhound

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 29, 2014, 03:13:40 pm »
release is nigh, here's the todo list: http://pastebin.com/bKeJANNz

and here's the website:
http://ghcnr.com/
« Last Edit: November 29, 2014, 03:17:56 pm by Greenhound »

Greenhound

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 19, 2014, 05:55:20 pm »
The server is now live until Monday for a public test weekend!

Quick connect to ghcnr.com

dab88

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 20, 2014, 11:01:49 am »
Cool. I will try to get on later today and play :D

Greenhound

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 02, 2015, 07:16:22 am »
Server is live again until monday for another test.

v0.3 changes:
Added fishing
/fishslap
/fisheat
/me
/w
bugfixes
made dispatches less spammy

fishing video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tn7rYYerheo

Protonium

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 02, 2015, 12:26:01 pm »
Awesome! I didn't have much time during the last test weekend, but what I saw so far was great. Looking forward to the hot pursuits and all the funny situations :D
Some impressions of the last test:
I decided to become a drugdealer, made some legal delivery missions and got money, a pistol and some seeds. Drove around till nobody was near me and went to a little forest near the city to hide my plants. The plants had to grow so I went to rob a gasstation, but at the first one a cop passed right before I was about to start the robbery, so I took my car and went to the next. I parked my car at the back and made my second step to become a real gangster. The storekeeper decided to cooperate and I got my bag of money pretty quick. Back in my car I could already hear the sirens and short after a cop was close behind me trying to ram me, after some turns a second tried to get me at fullspeed on a junction but missed me very close. I was driving for my life and money when a message appeared that one of my plants was withered. I knew I planted the others short after the first so I was heading to my drugfield, but the cops were still after me. I drove some circles around some buildings near my field and lost the cops and some attention, so if the cops would catch me now I only have to pay a fine. I was heading to my field when a cop appeared again so I payed the fine and he drove away. I drove directly to my plants and was able to harvest the only two left. You can sell and set prices for diffrent amounts of drugs, so I made the price for one very cheap to get some customers ;D I drove back to the city, parked my car next to a civilian players car and offered him to buy one drug. Right after he bought it, two cops arrived with sirens and we were about to drive away in diffrent directions when we realised that the cops were chasing an other player who just robbed the gasstation near us. So I visited the cardealer to see what he offers and decided to save my money to buy a permanent car later, went to the bank to deposit my money so thiefs can't steal it.

I can really recommend this gamemode, though it is in test phase. Much diversity because of different classes both cops and robbers and the car chases are awesome. Many very nice details with big impacts, e.g. nametag colours on the minimap change if you are wanted, so everyone near you knows you're a bad guy, as soon you lost the cops by keeping them at distance you will become neutral again.

English is not my native language...obviously.

Greenhound

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 25, 2015, 05:41:08 pm »
Sorry for the delay, to anyone who cares. My life is a mess right now and I can't find time to work on the server, though it's 95% done aside from the weapon dealer skill and stat tracking. I'll try to work on it in the coming weeks and maybe we can have a release for April.

And I'm glad you enjoyed Protonium, I had a lot of fun sharing the server with people for the first time and it seems to flow very well.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2015, 05:44:11 pm by Greenhound »

Jman100

• JC2-MP Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 26, 2015, 01:23:01 am »
Once you're done, definitely request highlight. You have an awesome server concept :P

Greenhound

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 24, 2016, 03:26:42 pm »
Sorry to anybody who was expecting this to be released in the last 2 years or so.

I got so close to releasing but I got in a headache trying to configure the technicalities of hosting and just gave up

I'd gotten so sick of working with the same script I never wanted to see it again

And the lack of people who showed up for tests convinced me that there was little interest and it would be hard to start a playerbase.

I'll admit the truth, I had every intention to turn it into a business through 'donator' systems but I'm not even sure if that's legal.

I'd started scripting with very little lua or sql knowledge and towards the end I really wanted to just start from scratch, but I knew how tedious it would be.

But despite what I just said, I'm tampering with the script again and might be able to revive it and get a stable server running. I can't rest knowing I have 600+ hours of work unreleased.

Mikrochip

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 31, 2017, 03:17:58 am »
YO!!!

I Have Server Hardware, NBN, coders & a good testing crew of up to 6 -

We all just want to see a fun game.

Are you interested in continuing this project at all?