Currently the developers are putting their own money into JC2-MP to keep the servers online.

Please take a few seconds of your time and disable your AdBlock plugin for our website.

Ad revenue is not going to developers, it is used purely for covering our hosting costs.

You are also free to donate, which removes all ads from our website!

Patch 0.3 was just released! Full changelog here: https://t.co/4A50m6IKen

2 years ago

Advertisement
September 21, 2019, 07:18:18 pm

Author Topic: [BETA] FactionsPlus 1.0 (AWGFactions Revamp)  (Read 21652 times)

JasonMRC

• Donator
    • View Profile
[BETA] FactionsPlus 1.0 (AWGFactions Revamp)
« on: February 22, 2014, 04:19:41 am »
FactionsPlus
Based off the popular AWGFactions
Beta Version 1.0

Description
FactionsPlus is a huge overhaul of the AWGFactions MOD by Anzu. I am not trying to steal his MOD, he did an incredible job writing the original MOD. As life has kept him busy he said anyone could work on it. So that's what I did. As well as a few bug fixes, I have added many features, including bases and rally/tp points.

Features
As with AWG, all commands are prefixed with '/f'. The 'f' is now configurable.

/f setbase or /f setrecall
Sets a faction Base. A circle shows on the ground and minimap indicating the owned area. The size can be set or relative to the number of members. The name of the base hovers over the area. The name is also stamped on the ground if the player is in a helicopter or plane. It can only be seen if a player is in a faction, but any faction can see it.
/f settp or /f setrally
Sets a faction Rally/TP Point. This is a small circle on the ground and minimap with 'Rally Point' floating in the air above. This is only visible to that faction's members.
/f tp or /f rally & /f base or /f recall
Teleports the player to their faction's Rally point or base respectively. If not set it says such.
/f help and /f leaderhelp
Shows help in chat. Comprehensive F5 help also exists and I may be removing this /f help command simply because the features are becoming too numerous for a chat help.

Public chat Faction Titles
Names in chat are in faction color and appear as "PlayerName, of FactionName: "

Spawn/Respawn at Faction's Base
If a player's faction has a Base set they will always Spawn there on join and respawn there on death. Currently bases cannot be deleted except by setting a new one and you cannot independently turn respawn off, so you will always spawn at base unless you leave the faction.

More Efficient Color Use
Previously there were 161 colors, but the names were quite varied and due to the auto-assigned nature you never knew what colors were available. Now there are seven pre-set colors; Red, Green, Blue, Cyan, Pink, Yellow, and Gray which each have a shade of 1-10. If a pre-set color is used it can be purchased for a configurable amount(default: $1000).
Another feature of the new color system is that colors from the list are no longer auto-assigned. Faction default starting color is now either the Creator's color, or a configurable default(default: Pink), whichever option is chosen by the Admin in the config(It is set to Player currently on my server).
Faction Colors are now saved in the DB as a string "R, G, B". Example: "255, 255, 255". They are then translated into a Color(R, G, B) via a translate function when used. Alpha values are automatically added and cannot be set because not all uses of the Faction color support alpha.
RGB support. The new DB system allows players to set a specific RGB value instead of a pre-set color. This effectively brings the possible colors to 16,581,375. Note that because this feature allows effectively any color, it can be turned off in config with true/false. It is current true on my server for development.

Global Aggression/Friendship Announcements
Setting Faction's as enemies and allies is now broadcast to everyone, so people know who's on which side.

Faction Name Blacklist
A non case-sensitive match-in-string blacklist to prevent obscene and unwanted faction names. Example: If 'admin' is banned then 'Administrator' will not be allowed.
Currently only Admin/Mod related names are banned. Full offensive name list is intended at finish.

Faction Creation Dues
Primarily to cut down on those people who log on to your server, make a faction, and then are never seen again. Cash is so easy to get on most servers this isn't an actual barrier. It is of course configurable. Cost is 1k for public and 2k for private as default.

Comprehensive Admin Commands '/f admin <faction name> <command> <optional info> <optional info>'
Admin verification has been streamlined and a full list of admin commands for factions has been made. Faction Admins can now do any possible command to a faction that a faction leader or member can do. This ranges from warping to a faction's member, to teleing to their base, to setting a new base, to setting their color or password or even managing bans. Any command.

Various minor fixes of AWG's Features
The clientside error that happened when a player took damage has been fixed.
Orphaned Factions caused by a player joining a new faction but not leaving a previously one has been remedied by forcing players to leave their current one before being able to join a new faction.
Faction nametags being really big when up close and really small when far away has been fixed. Tags now scale when within certain distances. I intend to change this to a smooth proportionate multiplier.

Configuration
The Config.lua is in shared. Pretty much every feature has some sort of configuration. As this is just the beta post I won't go into detail about the config options. If you think some feature should have a certain config option, post and describe your idea. If it doesn't already exist I can add it.

Screenshots
Faction Bases

Neutral Base

Ally Base

Enemy Base

Rally Point

Faction Player Nametags

Distance: 1. < 25m, 2. < 50m, 3. < 250m, 4. < 500m

Chat Titles

Kill/Death Messages

Diplomacy List('/f diplomacy')

Suggestions are welcome!
Please let me know of any bugs/glitches.

This is only a Beta currently, so no download.

You can go to my server to play with and test FactionsPlus.
::Problem Solvers::50+MODs-Faction Bases-RolePlay Shop & More!
IP Address: 173.233.189.162:7777

If you join my server sometime and find that /f is not doing the new commands then try //, I may be working on it.

Changelog
2-22-14
-Minor Render issue fixed.
-Color 'gray' added to list(total 70 colors now).
-Base and Rally indicator text reformatted.
-Added 'buycolor' command with cost to allow purchase of colors already used by a faction. This feature is configurable by the Admin as is the cost.
-Forced Faction names to begin with an uppercase letter.
-Added Admin command 'join <player> <rank>'. Places the specified player into the chosen faction as the specified rank. If no rank is set they are set to rank 1, Member.
-Added Admin command 'setrank <player> <rank>'. Sets the players' rank to the specified rank.
-Added Admin command 'create <faction name>'. Creates an empty public faction with no password or members in the color of the Admin. Can then be altered using other admin commands. Useful for making public RP and NPC factions.
-A few error text rewrites.
-A failsafe for nil members added to render arithmetic.

2-23-14
-Added config option for Global Faction Chat tags.
-Large rework to more effectively retrieve player's name from a string. Now player names with spaces will be matched.
-Expanded rank system from 3(Member, Officer, Leader) to 5(Member, Pointman, Colonel, Captain, Leader). Expanded permissions accordingly to allow Colonels to do many smaller faction actions including set rally. Captains are effectively Co-Leaders, being able to do everything a Leader can(including setbase) except setrank as Leader.
-Added command 'setrgb <r> <g> <b>'. Allows the setting of the Faction color based on an RGB code. Alpha not included as not all uses of Faction color support it so all entries into the DB enter Alpha as 255. 0-255 accepted in each of the three fields. There is of of course a sister Admin command and a true/false config option to disable this feature. There are now 16,581,375 different Faction colors available.
-Backend: Streamlined Check if player is in faction function and made a function to pull all of player's faction data.
-Backend: Optimized blacklist check to check whole string, not just exact match.

2-24-14
-Tweaked rendering code in client file to more efficiently render the Faction member minimap dots.
-Changed chat titles to only work with normal chat. Previously I had combined the Localchat MOD with Factionsplus to handle chat titles. This has been altered and now Localchat MOD runs independently again. Faction chat titles, if enabled, show when chatting normally. But they do not show to local players. Over player tags do show, of course.
-Added chat toggle command '/factiontitle' to turn Faction Chat titles on and off for the Local Player.
-Added Faction only chat toggle, '/fchat'. This command makes it to where all messages by that player are sent only to their faction. They also can only hear their Faction and Local(If the LocalChat MOD is installed on the server). Enter '/fchat' again to disable. '/f <message>' will also send to faction while still being able to hear normally. The upside to '/fchat' is that you need only begin typing, there is no need to type '/f' to send to Faction.

2-25-14
-Expanded Ranks & Permission system. Every command's permission level can now be set so that members of Rank X and above can use it. Streamlined and modified the Rank checking function to be slimmer and more efficient. The system now supports infinite ranks. There are currently 5: Leader, Captain, Colonel, Ranger, and Member. It may ship with more if I find the need. Total default may be raised to 10 purely for future expansion.
-Added '*' all commands to base and tp. '/f tp *' and '/f base *' now teleport all faction members to that location. The ability to use the commands is permission controlled based on rank. There is also a '/f tpme' now which teleports every player to that Officer. There are identical Admin commands of these which allow an Admin to execute the command as if they were the leader.
-Added '/f <allies/enemies/diplomacy>' to show the player's stances with others factions. Likewise there is an Admin version.
-Added Show Diplomacy on join. Whenever a player in a faction joins, this shows the diplomacy list. There is a Config option to disable this.
-Faction Bases now show Ally/Enemy status! Allied bases will show the same Ally Tag Text as shows over players, Enemy bases do the same. This text appears as either green or red above the faction's 'Faction Head-Quarters' text. The Minimap also displays double green or double red lines to indicate allegiance. Neutral faction bases show as normal.

2-26-14
-Rewrote Death Reward system. Eligibility for reward is now based on Victim's Rank and the reward is based on their rank as well. Config Permission setting allows setting of base reward as well as which rank and up will grant a reward when killed. Rewards are only given for killing enemies.
-Added checks when setting a Faction base to see if the player is close to an existing Faction Base or a 'Hotspot'. Hotspots are coordinates in a table. By default these are the 3 game Factions, Karl Blaine's, Airport, Dish, and MHC. Essentially the 'Popular places' on most servers. Each location has a configurable radius. If inside that radius the player is not allowed to set their base. Proximity to existing Faction bases is Admin configurable. Both of these checks have independent config toggles.

2-28-14
-Added '/f name <name>' name changing command. This command checks if the new name is used, too short, too long, or blacklisted, and if it is valid it then changes the Faction's name. A chat Broadcast is sent notifying all online players of the Faction's name change, this cannot be turned off in the config(Because if a Faction changes its name everyone should know). Internally, it changes the table entries for the faction, every member of the faction, and for every faction that is allied or enemied with/to the faction. Scriptwise, it is a fairly large function. For this reason it is able to be turned off in the config. It also has a purchase cost. By default this is 10k, though I would suggest some servers raising it to over 100k. The cost is to prevent factions from constantly changing their name, which is not only stupid but bad for the server. If your server is highly trafficked I would probably suggest disabling this feature or raising the cost very high. I am not sure whether this will ship as on or off by default.
There is of course an admin command as well. This command only checks to see if the desired name is already a faction. Aside from that, any name may be set by an Admin. As with all Admin commands, this cannot be turned off by a config option and so must be manually disabled by editing the server file if you wish to not allow Admins to use this feature.
-Server File reached twice the size of original AWG Faction's server file.

3-2-14
-Added FactionIDs. This is an internal change to the way factions are handled in the DB. This is a much more efficient and versatile way of calling factions from the DB. Faction names are still used throughout most of the code because it is a universal identifier that can be used in functions and in prints and messages. For some functions and when interacting with the DB the ID is used. There are simple functions to easily get a Faction's ID or Name from either it's Name or ID.
-Added Transfer Utility. This came from my necessity to transfer Factions from my previous Faction Tables to the new ones that use IDs. This tool will also allow transfer of AWGFactions to the new system. Note that this feature should only be used by experienced users.
-Added '/f create <faction>'. This replaces /f join's ability to create factions. Now, if /f join is used and the faction doesn't exist it tells you so and that you can use /f create to make it if you want. This change it to help prevent players from making duplicate factions due to spelling mistakes.

3-6-14
-Added Base Heal. Players now heal 1% per member in their faction. This is on a configurable time rate which is currently set at 1 second(so 1% per member per second). The amount healed can be scaled by the Admin. This also heals vehicles. The distance is controlled by the FactionBaseRelativeSize config setting which controls whether or not base sizes are set by the admin or relative to the faction's member count. This makes Faction bases easier to defend, but not impossible to take over.
-Added Permissions for each command to help file. The Help menu entry now says what rank(Both title and number) can do what.
-Added Full Rank List to help. The help file now shows all 10 ranks, both title and number, so people know what ranks are available. The 10 ranks are: Recruit, Member, Private, Guerilla, Ranger, Colonel, Captain, Commander, Co-Leader, and Leader.
-Added permissions for each faction related action. Admins can set a minimum required rank for teleport to the Faction base, rally point or other members, and the ability to view the faction's diplomacy list and member list.

Notes:
I do not know of any bugs, but I'm only human so there may be some. If you notice anything please post here with a screenshot(if applicable).

And just some random trivia(because I like stats)
Original :: File Size :: Revamp
62,767 characters, 1,306 lines :: Server File :: 132,027 characters, 2,696 lines
6,806 characters, 186 lines :: Client File :: 34,691, characters, 836 lines
6,344 characters, 162 lines :: Config File :: 16,679, characters, 263 lines

Enjoy!
« Last Edit: May 06, 2014, 09:49:43 pm by JasonMRC »

Soldiershak

• View Profile
Re: [BETA] FactionsPlus 0.1 (AWGFactions Revamp)
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2014, 05:12:50 am »
You should add donator/Donor to that disallow list

misterff1

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2014, 11:30:20 am »
Awesome! If I can help, you know where to find me :)
Also this global faction chat should have the possibility to have it disabled and another thing: my server DOES have more that 160 factions. Means that you should be able to have doubles in coloruse.

SonnySalieri

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2014, 03:41:15 pm »
I know you didnt steal Anzu's and this looks nice too BUT i think Anzu wont add these to his script now since u released it in a different one so i guess you shoulda add all these to his script (since these were on his ToDo list, and suggested on his topic) and announce this upgrade there instead of making it separately and that would have made less things for Anzu to work on, but now i dunno what will happen with Anzu's AWGFaction. At least i thought our crew will uipgrade the "half done" things in their base scripts and release the upgraded thing at its base topic.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2014, 03:52:31 pm by SonnySalieri »

JasonMRC

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2014, 06:38:10 pm »
Awesome! If I can help, you know where to find me :)
Also this global faction chat should have the possibility to have it disabled and another thing: my server DOES have more that 160 factions. Means that you should be able to have doubles in coloruse.
Config option or player toggle for chat?

Really, 160 active factions? Wow, nice. I'm thinking I may add an ability to 'buy' a color if it is already used which would allow multiple factions to use the same color.

I know you didnt steal Anzu's and this looks nice too BUT i think Anzu wont add these to his script now since u released it in a different one so i guess you shoulda add all these to his script (since these were on his ToDo list, and suggested on his topic) and announce this upgrade there instead of making it separately and that would have made less things for Anzu to work on, but now i dunno what will happen with Anzu's AWGFaction. At least i thought our crew will uipgrade the "half done" things in their base scripts and release the upgraded thing at its base topic.
I can't edit his repository...
This project started with me doing some tweaks, which led to other things in the script until I finally decided to just revamp most of it. I guess I should add some clarification to my first post.

CLARIFICATION: This is not a completely new script. It is an advancement on the current AWG Factions script. It is under a different name for development purposes because I can't have both modules operating concurrently using the same name.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2014, 06:41:22 pm by JasonMRC »

misterff1

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2014, 10:37:32 pm »
Yeah really, what do you expect? I have had an average of 130-150 players a while ago, now it is 80-90, but still people make factions, play some time and then leave the jcmp community(at least for a while). Then others join, make a faction, etc.

Really 160 is not much with a community that constantly renews itself.

Also, no not a toggle, a config option :)
As for the 'buy' stuff, that should be configurable aswell, because on servers like mine the economy is fucked up :D. I usually give players a shitload of trollars(our currency) from time to time, so this wouldnt work at all.

JasonMRC

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2014, 12:56:43 am »
Yeah really, what do you expect? I have had an average of 130-150 players a while ago, now it is 80-90, but still people make factions, play some time and then leave the jcmp community(at least for a while). Then others join, make a faction, etc.

Really 160 is not much with a community that constantly renews itself.

Also, no not a toggle, a config option :)
As for the 'buy' stuff, that should be configurable aswell, because on servers like mine the economy is fucked up :D. I usually give players a shitload of trollars(our currency) from time to time, so this wouldnt work at all.
I suppose so. I'm thinking maybe also adding an autodelete if the leader isn't on every X days or something. Anzu already has a 'last seen' field so it shouldn't be too hard to compare with current time.

Basically everything is configurable ;) I'll add an option for global chat faction titles to be turned off, they will remain on for my server during development though.
The buy cost will be configurable, as will probably the ability to buy colors. That way if someone wants only 60 colors available or whichever colors they add, then they can restrict it.

Oh, BTW, the colorlist no longer automatically shows in the help, so you can have some 'hidden' color entries as well ;) Like an AdminGold or something.

ROODAY

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2014, 06:03:23 am »
why not just use rgb values than colors? so much easier than adding in colors yourself, just let them specify the rgb. sure you'll get some that look alike, but if you wanted that you could add in a function that makes sure the entered rgb values each are at least like 10 or 5 points away from another one, and then once all are used do doubles, and then triples, etc.

JasonMRC

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2014, 06:21:32 am »
why not just use rgb values than colors? so much easier than adding in colors yourself, just let them specify the rgb. sure you'll get some that look alike, but if you wanted that you could add in a function that makes sure the entered rgb values each are at least like 10 or 5 points away from another one, and then once all are used do doubles, and then triples, etc.
Because the average Joe has absolutely no idea what 'RGB' means, let alone how to write it.
Previously the DB stored the color as a name, ie 'lightblue' now it stores it as the RGB value, though the players set it by the name.

I added a new color, 'gray' which has 10 shades, bringing the total colors to 70. Each color is pretty unique and I've made sure they're not uber bright nor uber dark, so that they are visible and not hard to read.
I also added the ability to purchase colors already used by a faction, so that people can still use colors already in use. The cost and option are configurable.

Y'all should come try it out.

ROODAY

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2014, 04:33:22 pm »
Because the average Joe has absolutely no idea what 'RGB' means, let alone how to write it.
Previously the DB stored the color as a name, ie 'lightblue' now it stores it as the RGB value, though the players set it by the name.

I added a new color, 'gray' which has 10 shades, bringing the total colors to 70. Each color is pretty unique and I've made sure they're not uber bright nor uber dark, so that they are visible and not hard to read.
I also added the ability to purchase colors already used by a faction, so that people can still use colors already in use. The cost and option are configurable.

Could you at least add the ability to use RGB's as well? Because it's so much easier to write down a RGB than look through a list of usable colors. And sure the average player may not know how to write it, but they should learn. It's easy after you get used to it. And they can always use something online like this while in game through the overlay to find the rgb if they don't know it.

JasonMRC

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2014, 06:45:48 pm »

Could you at least add the ability to use RGB's as well? Because it's so much easier to write down a RGB than look through a list of usable colors. And sure the average player may not know how to write it, but they should learn. It's easy after you get used to it. And they can always use something online like this while in game through the overlay to find the rgb if they don't know it.
It should be easy for me to add.
Something along the lines of: '/f setrgb RValue GValue BValue'
This command will be Admin configurable. Once made I'll have it true on my server during development but the MOD will probably ship with it as false because it is a more advanced option.

ROODAY

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2014, 06:47:21 pm »
ok thanks!

JasonMRC

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2014, 06:49:40 am »
Added '/f setrgb <r> <g> <b>' and '/f admin <faction> setrgb <r> <g> <b>'.

Quote from: Changelog for 2-23-14
2-23-14
-Large rework to more effectively retrieve player's name from a string. Now player names with spaces will be matched.
-Expanded rank system from 3(Member, Officer, Leader) to 5(Member, Pointman, Colonel, Captain, Leader). Expanded permissions accordingly to allow Colonels to do many smaller faction actions including set rally. Captains are effectively Co-Leaders, being able to do everything a Leader can(including setbase) except setrank as Leader.
-Added command 'setrgb <r> <g> <b>'. Allows the setting of the Faction color based on an RGB code. Alpha not included as not all uses of Faction color support it so all entries into the DB enter Alpha as 255. 0-255 accepted in each of the three fields. There is of of course a sister Admin command and a true/false config option to disable this feature. There are now 16,581,375 different Faction colors available.

Anymore suggestions? I haven't seen many people come on and try the new system. Kinda thought more would be interested.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2014, 06:52:17 am by JasonMRC »

SonnySalieri

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 25, 2014, 05:28:12 pm »
Some ideas:

1. Add a Recruit or "Newbie" rank as the lowest rank under the Member rank

2. Make a GUI in this with the commands it has or make a separate GUI version of this for the lazy ones who dont like to type commands a lot
« Last Edit: February 25, 2014, 06:53:43 pm by SonnySalieri »

JasonMRC

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2014, 03:09:09 am »
Some ideas:

1. Add a Recruit or "Newbie" rank as the lowest rank under the Member rank

2. Make a GUI in this with the commands it has or make a separate GUI version of this for the lazy ones who dont like to type commands a lot
What would the point of the Recruit rank be? Can't tele to Rally? I am thinking of expanding the ranks to 10 though.

I don't have any experience with GUIs. Someone more experienced with them could add a GUI CP later based on the commands and functions Anzu and I have made. I don't think a GUI is important enough for me to spend time on right now. If someone can't do the chat commands they probably shouldn't be leading a Faction anyway ;)