Currently the developers are putting their own money into JC2-MP to keep the servers online.

Please take a few seconds of your time and disable your AdBlock plugin for our website.

Ad revenue is not going to developers, it is used purely for covering our hosting costs.

You are also free to donate, which removes all ads from our website!

Patch 0.3 was just released! Full changelog here: https://t.co/4A50m6IKen

7 months ago

December 12, 2017, 03:02:00 pm

Author Topic: 0.1.4 Announcement  (Read 33623 times)

misterff1

• Donator
    • View Profile
Re: 0.1.4 Announcement
« Reply #30 on: March 09, 2014, 05:01:53 pm »
Aww too bad man. Well I'll see what I can do myself if no one else has time to do it.

Esamir

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 09, 2014, 05:38:07 pm »
I'll try to add this to buymenu, but only after this update will be released.

SonnySalieri

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 10, 2014, 01:54:18 pm »
You guys added heat seeking missiles and removed SAM sites spawned in the game that makes no sense to me. Why didnt u add the function of heat seeking missiles to the SAM sites instead of making server owners to create working SAM sites by themselves with spawning SAMs as objects and adding the heat seeking missile function to them?

Patawic

• JC2-MP Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 10, 2014, 02:12:54 pm »
You guys added heat seeking missiles and removed SAM sites spawned in the game that makes no sense to me. Why didnt u add the function of heat seeking missiles to the SAM sites instead of making server owners to create working SAM sites by themselves with spawning SAMs as objects and adding the heat seeking missile function to them?

SAM sites were removed because they weren't synced.

The heat seeking missiles are entirely scripted using the lua, they have no relevance to the SAM site removal at all...

SonnySalieri

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 10, 2014, 02:45:25 pm »

The heat seeking missiles are entirely scripted using the lua, they have no relevance to the SAM site removal at all...

The SAMs in the game didnt have any function at all (at least they didnt have any in the multiplayer) so i dont get how you mean they were not synced since they were just standing idle at their places. Or do you mean the destruction of the SAMs done by players were not synced?
« Last Edit: March 10, 2014, 02:47:47 pm by SonnySalieri »

Patawic

• JC2-MP Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 10, 2014, 10:05:14 pm »

The SAMs in the game didnt have any function at all (at least they didnt have any in the multiplayer) so i dont get how you mean they were not synced since they were just standing idle at their places. Or do you mean the destruction of the SAMs done by players were not synced?

The SAM site AI was disabled as they could not be synced. Removing them allows for people to create their own functional synced SAM sites using staticobjects and effects/sounds

Soldiershak

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 11, 2014, 03:23:45 am »
 If effects are being added in the coming release will it be possible to see chat bubbles over nearby players now?

Arezu

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 11, 2014, 05:50:01 am »
If effects are being added in the coming release will it be possible to see chat bubbles over nearby players now?
You can already make that with scripts

Castillo

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 11, 2014, 06:25:25 am »

I don't see what has that to do with effects? you can make a chat bubbles script using the Render functions.

camicadthe

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 11, 2014, 07:16:30 am »
"The SAM site AI was disabled as they could not be synced. Removing them allows for people to create their own functional synced SAM sites with blackjack and hookers"

old but funny joke.

misterff1

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 11, 2014, 08:03:01 am »
Those chat bubbles would actually be a brilliant idea for when unicode is supported. Then players can talk russian etc. and players see it above their heads, but in the chat it can be filtered.
If only I was good with the render stuff..
« Last Edit: March 12, 2014, 07:28:24 am by misterff1 »

Trip[ABK]

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 14, 2014, 05:24:39 pm »
nice, keep up the good work 8)

jc2 defly comen up in the world.

JasonMRC

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 20, 2014, 07:53:26 am »
Shown in the video:
  • Earthquakes
  • Real-time vehicle colour changing
  • Smoke on teleport
  • Gibs on death
  • Back to the Future car teleportation
  • Hats!
  • Heat-seeking missiles
  • Amphibious cars
When will we see the scripts or code used to create these? I haven't seen any server with amphibious cars yet. What code is used to do this, or is it a server setting?

misterff1

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 20, 2014, 10:35:13 am »
Shown in the video:
  • Earthquakes
  • Real-time vehicle colour changing
  • Smoke on teleport
  • Gibs on death
  • Back to the Future car teleportation
  • Hats!
  • Heat-seeking missiles
  • Amphibious cars
When will we see the scripts or code used to create these? I haven't seen any server with amphibious cars yet. What code is used to do this, or is it a server setting?

Yeah I didn't see amphibious cars either. The missiles were not finished yet Jason, so those will come later.

Urammar

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 23, 2014, 07:36:12 am »
Thank you team. This mod is the best thing ever. I we really value your hard work!

I am still legitimately surprised at lack of uptake on this engine. I see a LOT of possibility here.
Its my top candidate for an oculus rift re-release.

On another note;
For your next release could you focus on synchronization? Especially physics sync.
Its quite annoying having abandoned vehicles in different places on different clients.