Currently the developers are putting their own money into JC2-MP to keep the servers online.

Please take a few seconds of your time and disable your AdBlock plugin for our website.

Ad revenue is not going to developers, it is used purely for covering our hosting costs.

You are also free to donate, which removes all ads from our website!

Patch 0.3 was just released! Full changelog here: https://t.co/4A50m6IKen

6 months ago

December 11, 2017, 04:26:45 pm

Author Topic: 0.1.4 Announcement  (Read 33606 times)

Jman100

• JC2-MP Betatester
    • View Profile
Re: 0.1.4 Announcement
« Reply #60 on: March 29, 2014, 07:14:22 pm »
All I'm asking is that the Devs (and/or BetaTesters) be more consistent with giving examples to the community for advertised features at release.

Alright I guess we'll make a note next time to only show a video with text that lists the new api features and nothing else. That way people won't get the wrong idea.

Was that sarcasm? Of course it was!

« Last Edit: March 30, 2014, 01:02:34 am by Woet »

misterff1

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 29, 2014, 09:20:51 pm »
Alright I guess we'll make a note next time to only show a video with text that lists the new api features and nothing else. That way people won't get the wrong idea.

it may have been sarcasm, but that would actually work :)
« Last Edit: March 30, 2014, 01:02:53 am by Woet »

JasonMRC

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 29, 2014, 10:30:27 pm »
I'ma just kinda remove this wall of quotes because it is getting pretty big...

There, that's better. :)

Yes, you could just create a video with only a text list of new abilities, but that's not very appealing to players ::)
A better remedy is:
1) Call them what they are, New Possibilities. They are only features on servers which have been graced with the script or who have engineered their own version. "All this and MORE is possible in JC2-MP 0.1.X!"
2) Provide demo scripts at release for each advertised thing. These would not be drag and drop instant features for a server, they would be admin tools showcasing the basic concepts and functions - to be used on a test server for developing their scripts.

Woet

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 30, 2014, 01:04:49 am »
Edited a bunch of posts, please only quote the relevant text instead of quoting the entire post with 4 nested quotes.

Philpax

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 30, 2014, 05:27:13 am »
We hear all of you, and understand your concerns. In fact, I raised this issue with the rest of the team several times (as Trix would attest to), and rest assured, we know that you'd all like more examples. I agree that our 0.1.2/4 launch could've really done with more details on how to use new features; I was responsible for organizing the launch, but due to real-life circumstances I was unavailable at the time.

For future launches, we'll try and get everything together - we've formulated a release process that ensures that documentation and examples will be ready prior to release. A bare-bones version of Trix's missiles have been released - the version demonstrated in the video wasn't ready for release - and I hope people will put it to use. Amphibious cars is indeed implemented by placing a clientside static object under the vehicle; that was my script, but as a result of the aforementioned real-life circumstances, I was unable to release it.

So again, sorry for not getting everything together; real life has served to intervene heavily in our affairs, and it's becoming increasingly difficult to fit JC2-MP into our busy schedules. Hopefully, we'll be able to get the next release together in a package everyone can enjoy. :)

JasonMRC

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 31, 2014, 05:49:44 am »
Thank you for the reply, Philpax. It is reassuring to know a Dev reads our posts and hears us.

Real Life is very understandable and should always take priority.

It took me about an hour to recreate amphibious vehicles after your confirmation. If it is alright with you I plan to release this script after a few more modifications to it.

EDIT: Here is the release of 'Amphibious Vehicles' or more accurately, WaterWalk.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2014, 07:34:11 pm by JasonMRC »

misterff1

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 31, 2014, 11:20:40 am »
Faith in humanity restored :)
Thanks for the reply Philpax, we really appreciate it!

Philpax

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: April 01, 2014, 12:40:31 pm »
Thank you for the reply, Philpax. It is reassuring to know a Dev reads our posts and hears us.

Real Life is very understandable and should always take priority.

It took me about an hour to recreate amphibious vehicles after your confirmation. If it is alright with you I plan to release this script after a few more modifications to it.

Sure, go right ahead.

Cysiek

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 05, 2014, 08:06:32 pm »
Awesome!

iZN

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 11, 2014, 07:12:16 pm »
Looks wonderful!