Currently the developers are putting their own money into JC2-MP to keep the servers online.

Please take a few seconds of your time and disable your AdBlock plugin for our website.

Ad revenue is not going to developers, it is used purely for covering our hosting costs.

You are also free to donate, which removes all ads from our website!

Patch 0.3 was just released! Full changelog here: https://t.co/4A50m6IKen

2 years ago

Advertisement
August 23, 2019, 11:59:07 pm

Author Topic: Bering I86-DP Heavy Bomber  (Read 4103 times)

Stabulous

• View Profile
Bering I86-DP Heavy Bomber
« on: March 22, 2014, 07:41:33 pm »
This script makes use of client effects to convert the Bering into a bomber. Bombs are dropped with F by default. Currently, they do no damage, but are synced for all clients. I plan to make them do a configurable amount of damage before I release the script publicly. Here's the makeshift bomber in action:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yX0g2vKUI34

misterff1

• Donator
    • View Profile
Re: Bering I86-DP Heavy Bomber
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2014, 07:52:22 pm »
Wow,that really nice mate! Looking forward to add this to my server :)

JasonMRC

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2014, 09:46:55 pm »
Nice, look forward to it.

dab88

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2014, 10:31:26 pm »
Looks great so far!

Darwood37

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2014, 11:20:39 pm »
Looks cool, something that would be a lot of fun, especially at the airport where everyone hangs out. Cheers.

SonnySalieri

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2014, 04:09:45 pm »
I dunno which effect did you use exactly (i mean i dunno the effect name or id exactly) but if you have the "Effect browser" then checkout effect id 75 => Effects/explosion_mortar_dirt.bin, and maybe you could use effect id 76 => Effects/explosion_mortar_snow.bin when the plane goes over the snowy mountains, these effects are similar to the effect you used and they do damage to the players nearby by default.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2014, 04:15:52 pm by SonnySalieri »

Stabulous

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2014, 11:55:46 pm »
Sonny, you're a lifesaver. I didn't realize that effects could cause damage like that. I'll use the two you referenced.

SonnySalieri

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2014, 06:15:05 pm »
Sonny, you're a lifesaver. I didn't realize that effects could cause damage like that. I'll use the two you referenced.
No problem man, i'm glad to help whereever i can, and i looked through the effects in effect browser quite some time to get id's for effect-functions i wanted to try out and make a list of, like a "replacement"/alternative for the "ninja-poof" teleport effect, and "replacements"/alternatives for jman's BTTF boost effect, and i planned to do something similar like ur Bering Bomber (but i didnt have time for scripting lately cuz of life) so i listed some effects for "bombing runs" too :) There might be some other effects that look more similar to ur effect AND cause damage too so you might still hafta look through the effects in the effect browser if you want other ones but yea the mortar snow effect (id 76 ) could still be the one for when the plane flies over the snowy mountains.

Maybe you could also make the berings like one only for a simple transporter and one for bomber but i dunno if thats possible to "separate" 1 type of vehicle for doing 2 "functions". I had this idea of "separating" cuz i thought if there will only be bering bombers then ppl will "mass-spawn" it on servers :D

I used this to look through the effects and to check which causes damage and which does not:
http://www.jc-mp.com/forums/index.php/topic,4742.0.html
« Last Edit: March 24, 2014, 06:31:00 pm by SonnySalieri »

SonnySalieri

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2014, 09:59:05 am »
When will you release this?

Stabulous

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2014, 06:45:15 pm »
It's now part of a bering total conversion mod I am creating, I'm also adding some additional features to the bering. This in turn is part of an aircraft mod that will let people walk around inside aircraft... it will be massive. And take a long time. I don't want to release this until the server I am developing for goes up. I know it's selfish, but I want to build some hype for the server and release the scripts publicly afterwards.

SonnySalieri

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2014, 03:53:27 pm »
Then maybe try to add this missiles stuff to the Bering somehow
http://www.jc-mp.com/forums/index.php/topic,4793.0.html