Currently the developers are putting their own money into JC2-MP to keep the servers online.

Please take a few seconds of your time and disable your AdBlock plugin for our website.

Ad revenue is not going to developers, it is used purely for covering our hosting costs.

You are also free to donate, which removes all ads from our website!

Patch 0.3 was just released! Full changelog here: https://t.co/4A50m6IKen

7 months ago

December 12, 2017, 03:11:24 pm

Author Topic: Survival District - Testserver  (Read 194746 times)

ING

• Donator
    • View Profile
Survival District - Testserver
« on: April 19, 2014, 03:23:23 pm »
That is what i am working on over the last weeks, it's far away from done but i think it's good enough for public testing. The focus on this test is on bugs and balance but if you think you have a nice idea, tell me and i maybe put it on my todo list ;)

The whole gameplay is happend in the Financial District, you start with nothing and can't do anymore then run around.
You have to find anything in the city.

Currently there ~1200 loot spawn points in the financial district, all hand placed. It's always a bit hidden in a corner or something, you really have to search them but there should be loot everywhere.

On the ground you can only find the basic loot, if you want better loot you have to go to the roof's, the best loot can only found on the highest roof's!

It's not the fanciest but it's fast and simple, the inventory is splitted into 3 category's: Weapons (5 slots), Explosives (10 slots) and Supplies (12 slots). You can equip or use items by clicking them, to drop items you can use right click to select them, if you exit the inventory all selected items will be dropped in a player loot box. Your inventory will be saved when you leave the game (or crash)!

In this first test release you DON'T loose you inventory when you die!
I will change this when i added the global inventory!

If you joining the first time or respawn, you do it in a Safezone where you can't attack or be killed. Currently there is only 1 Safezone.

Can be found in level 3 and 4 loot. To plant a explosive, click it in your inventory. After that it will be highlighted red and if you click it again, it will explode! These explosions are raycasted, that means you can take cover behind a wall. You still getting damage but it's highly reduced!

You can pick up your own explosive by pressing "E" near it (you don't have to point at it).

• Claymore: Kills everone in a radius of 5 meters an do damage to players in a 20 m radius.
  • C4: Kills everone in a radius of 20 meters an do damage to players in a 50 m radius.

Point at the position where you want to place the airstrike, then click it in your inventory. A plane appears in the sky, flying over the positon and dropping a bomb (or bombs).

• Cruise Missile: It's the fastest airstrike dropped by a Eclipse. Kills everone in a radius of 25 meters an do damage to players in a 80 m radius.
  • Area Bombing: Takes a while but does immensive damage to a big area around the target position. The Bering drops 15 small and 5 big bombs with one attack.
  • Tactical Nuke: Very slow but so big and deadly, it kills everyone in a radius of 60 meters an do damage to players in a 150 m radius.

This server also have a improved hit detection with 3 hitzones (Head, Body and Legs). Currently it's only enabled for the Sniper, the other Weapons hit detection are improved by raising the OnFoot syncrate.

A Headshot with a Sniper always kills, a body shot does 60% damage but decreased by 10% for 100 meters of distance. A leg shot does 40% damage and also loses 10% on 100 m distance.

You can chop your enemy into pieces now with a meelee attack, currently a hit does 25% damage!

I couldn't do it without the bubblegun, you can heal yourself and your friends when they in front of you. Everytime when you heal someone (including yourself), the player throws some sparks out of his body.

You have to hold down the mousebutton, otherwise it won't work! It heals 5% every second.

There are a more unique scripts running on this server:

• Modelchanger: There are 8 places in the city where you can change your model, every changer has different models
  • Death EMP: Everytime when someone dies, the baby panau statue near the safezone ignites a emp in his hand. You can hear that in the whole city!
  • Ingame Feedback: Everytime when something happend or you try to do something wrong (like plant a explosive in a safezone), the game tells you that in the bottom left corner
  • Damage Feedback: Usually you would see nothing if you got damage from explosives or the sniper, to make it more immersive i wrote a custom damage feedback that flashes you screen red (depending on the damage you get) and shakes the camera

Known Bugs:

• There is a ~50% chance that the game crash when you join it the first time, if you try it again it should work like a charm. But if you not played it for a while, it could happend again. If that happends the position where you leave the game is lost and you respawn in the safezone. It's a strange bug in the mod itself i think, nothin i can do except keep sending tons of crash reports to the devs ;)
  • Airstrike planes didn't appear if they spawn to far away and they often glitchin at the skyscraper
  • When you equip a two handed weapon it looks like you equip nothing and the weapon maybe appears between you legs, use the mousewheel to fix this
  • Sometimes ammo didn't appear in the reserve after picking it up, that means you can't reload it. If that happends, equip the weapon again

Survival District - Testserver
134.255.216.241:4895
« Last Edit: February 01, 2016, 09:43:48 pm by ING »

Stabulous

• View Profile
Re: Survival District - Testserver
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2014, 04:22:01 pm »
Wow, awesome job. This looks like a really cool, well-done gamemode. I'll definitely be visiting your teststerver later today.

Nadav

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2014, 04:38:55 pm »
Looks awsome,
However I've played for about an hour or so but I couldnt find a grapple hook ×İlthough I found at least 5-10 level 2 loot boxes.

Trix

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2014, 05:12:02 pm »
Just had a play around, definitely has potential to be an awesome gamemode. It seems like the inventory system crashed while I was playing as my inventory would no longer show up, and I randomly acquired a grapple hook.

Looking forward to seeing this progress!

ING

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2014, 08:46:36 pm »
However I've played for about an hour or so but I couldnt find a grapple hook ×İlthough I found at least 5-10 level 2 loot boxes.
they are very rarely ;) i increase the drop rate for the grapplehook from 10% to 15%.
but the drops are completely random, if you lucky you can get it with the first level 2 box, if you don't it could take forever ;)

It seems like the inventory system crashed while I was playing as my inventory would no longer show up, and I randomly acquired a grapple hook.
script was broken for a hour, it should be fixed now.
when the gamescript is broken all loot disappers too.

i added a little script that checks if the gamescript is down and puts a big red message on the screen, when its down to avoid people searching for nothing ;)

JBBARZ

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2014, 09:40:03 pm »
Looks like it could be an awesome gamemode with lots of fun to be had. Will be checking it out soon :D

dab88

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2014, 10:20:09 pm »
wow! I love it when people are quiet for ages then come out with something awesome like this. Looks like great progress ING. Good work, can't wait to see more!

Soldiershak

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2014, 10:36:08 pm »
Looks promising, I was just wondering when there would be a mode that focuses on one area of panua. Can't wait. Something really spooky should happen when you try to leave the city. The emp death is a nice touch!
« Last Edit: April 19, 2014, 10:39:18 pm by Soldiershak »

Protonium

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2014, 04:31:27 pm »
Excellent work! Great ingame description, very well placed loot spawns and a convenient inventory. Not to forget the explosives, airstrikes and all the nice details you've made. All in all an amazing gamemode!

The only negativ thing I've seen are the late loading textures if you log out on a roof and rejoin. Just doesn't look nice, but at least you don't get stuck in the buildings.

Since a lot of people play with controller it would be nice if you could make it possible to open the loot boxes with the same key you can enter cars.

Really looking forward to play this with some more people. Keep up the excellent work.

ING

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2014, 07:52:18 pm »
Update May 10

i planned this for the last weekend but it was much more complicated that i thought it would be, but i think i handle it :)

• Vehicles can be unlocked with Lockpicks that can be found in level 1 Loot (1-3 * 10% dropchance), different vehicle types needs a different amount of Lockpicks.
  • After unlocking the vehicle belongs to the player and he and his friends are the only players who can use it. Vehicles only respawn if they destroyed, under water or unoccupied for 3 days! Destroyed / under water vehicles respawn after 5 minutes, if they didn't had a owner they respawn after a minute.
  • Other players can enter your vehicle when it has no driver, but when they enter the driver seat, they got electroshocked and jumped out (looks very funny btw). It does 20% damage. Own and friend vehicles has a green dot when you pointing at it.
  • Vehicles can be destroyed with explosive and airstrikes, even when the unoccupied. If you wanna keep your vehicle save while you not playin, you should hide it.
  • To make it bigger and better i script some physics effects that throws vehicles away from the explosions.
  • To avoid problems with blowing up desnyc vehicles i improve the synchronisation of unoccupied vehicles. It's not fully sync yet, but it avoids some cases of desync. It has a little sideffect, moving unoccupied vehicles has bit laggy movement. I will improve this more with one of the next updates.
  • In the Financial District you can only find unarmed cars and bikes. If you want a vehicle with guns you can find them rarely in City1 and City2, be sure you have at least 5 Lockpicks with you. Unarmed planes and helicopters can be found at the International Airport. Armed planes and helicopters can be found at the Desert Airport, you need at least 10 Lockpicks to unlock something there. If nothing is there, they are all picked up by other players.
  • Currently there are ~200 Vehicles, everyone is unique!

You are now able to add friends when you open the player list with F6. Adding a player as a friend changes 2 things...

• They can see your nametag (with healthbar) and dot in the minimap
  • They can enter and drive your vehicles (you don't must be online!)

Minor things and Bugfixes

• If you are in the safezone, you can see the nametags (without healthbar) of other players in the safezone
  • Your position is not lost anymore if the game crashes when you join
  • When you join you have the same health when you leaving (doesn't work before ;))

The Server hoster had some serious problems today (like every saturday evening), it shut down the server and i wasn't able to save the vehicle data. If you already unlock a vehicle it's lost, i put 5 Lockpicks into everyone inventory who was playin before the shutdown happends.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2014, 01:19:32 am by ING »

Rico_Rodriguez

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2014, 03:54:25 am »
I can not test the server. It will not pop into the list.

crescentfresh

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2014, 07:40:11 am »
====ATTENTION SERVER PLAYERS====

I POSSESS A TACTICAL NUKE AS WELL AS A INVENTORY OF BOTH LAND AND ARIEL VEHICLES. I ALSO AM A TRAINED MARKSMAN WITH AN INTUITIVE SENSE OF THE CITY. MANY WEAPONS I DO POSSESS. ALLY WITH ME IF YOU WISH, OUT OF OPPORTUNITY OR OUT OF FEAR. IT DOESN'T MATTER. I DO NOT HESITATE TO CLOBER WEAKNESS. Join me, leader of nightlight
PS. All allies must give me 1 lockpick for each play session for protection services.

Seriously, this is addicting, very fun, and has a lot of potential.

----Possible issue----
Due to the fact that the monstertruck floats in water, it most likely will take 3 days to respawn, as I checked on it after 20 minutes and it was still upside down ... in the canal. It should be classified as "underwater" if left alone in the water for over a few minutes(in my opinion).

Question: Can or do unlocked vehicles respawn in the same place in the city? If not, that would make you spend a lot of time just to look for your unlocked vehicle.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2014, 07:42:04 am by crescentfresh »

GeneralApathy

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2014, 08:42:15 pm »
This is such a great gamemode - you should really rename it to "DayZ JCMP" because it's so similar.

Script went down when we were playing today, though, hope it goes back up!

crescentfresh

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2014, 01:32:39 am »
This is such a great gamemode - you should really rename it to "DayZ JCMP" because it's so similar.

Script went down when we were playing today, though, hope it goes back up!

Isn't the main feature of DayZ zombies?

Yes, I concur. Script is still down.

ING

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 15, 2014, 04:57:40 pm »
Yep, that was the second major crash after the first day ;) But it's a good thing, i found that bug and fix it, so it won't happend again. It's online and i also add alot of stability improvements, new smart loot spawns (powered by crescentfresh) and a first secret.

That secret gives you a short idea what im planning to do with this server (besides the other things): Exploration. You can very rarely found a item called "Secret 1" in level 1-3 loot. If you click it in your inventory, it sets a waypoint to the secret.

Currently there are no interaction possibilities, but i have huge plans for this one :)
« Last Edit: May 15, 2014, 05:47:16 pm by ING »