That is what i am working on over the last weeks, it's far away from done but i think it's good enough for public testing. The focus on this test is on bugs and balance but if you think you have a nice idea, tell me and i maybe put it on my todo list
The whole gameplay is happend in the Financial District, you start with nothing and can't do anymore then run around.You have to find anything in the city.
Currently there ~1200 loot spawn points in the financial district, all hand placed. It's always a bit hidden in a corner or something, you really have to search them but there should be loot everywhere.
On the ground you can only find the basic loot, if you want better loot you have to go to the roof's, the best loot can only found on the highest roof's!
It's not the fanciest but it's fast and simple, the inventory is splitted into 3 category's: Weapons (5 slots), Explosives (10 slots) and Supplies (12 slots). You can equip or use items by clicking them, to drop items you can use right click to select them, if you exit the inventory all selected items will be dropped in a player loot box. Your inventory will be saved when you leave the game (or crash)!In this first test release you DON'T loose you inventory when you die!
I will change this when i added the global inventory!
If you joining the first time or respawn, you do it in a Safezone where you can't attack or be killed. Currently there is only 1 Safezone.
Can be found in level 3 and 4 loot. To plant a explosive, click it in your inventory. After that it will be highlighted red and if you click it again, it will explode! These explosions are raycasted, that means you can take cover behind a wall. You still getting damage but it's highly reduced!
You can pick up your own explosive by pressing "E" near it (you don't have to point at it).
- Claymore: Kills everone in a radius of 5 meters an do damage to players in a 20 m radius.
- C4: Kills everone in a radius of 20 meters an do damage to players in a 50 m radius.
Point at the position where you want to place the airstrike, then click it in your inventory. A plane appears in the sky, flying over the positon and dropping a bomb (or bombs).
- Cruise Missile: It's the fastest airstrike dropped by a Eclipse. Kills everone in a radius of 25 meters an do damage to players in a 80 m radius.
- Area Bombing: Takes a while but does immensive damage to a big area around the target position. The Bering drops 15 small and 5 big bombs with one attack.
- Tactical Nuke: Very slow but so big and deadly, it kills everyone in a radius of 60 meters an do damage to players in a 150 m radius.
This server also have a improved hit detection with 3 hitzones (Head, Body and Legs). Currently it's only enabled for the Sniper, the other Weapons hit detection are improved by raising the OnFoot syncrate.
A Headshot with a Sniper always kills, a body shot does 60% damage but decreased by 10% for 100 meters of distance. A leg shot does 40% damage and also loses 10% on 100 m distance.
You can chop your enemy into pieces now with a meelee attack, currently a hit does 25% damage!
I couldn't do it without the bubblegun, you can heal yourself and your friends when they in front of you. Everytime when you heal someone (including yourself), the player throws some sparks out of his body.
You have to hold down the mousebutton, otherwise it won't work! It heals 5% every second.
There are a more unique scripts running on this server:
- Modelchanger: There are 8 places in the city where you can change your model, every changer has different models
- Death EMP: Everytime when someone dies, the baby panau statue near the safezone ignites a emp in his hand. You can hear that in the whole city!
- Ingame Feedback: Everytime when something happend or you try to do something wrong (like plant a explosive in a safezone), the game tells you that in the bottom left corner
- Damage Feedback: Usually you would see nothing if you got damage from explosives or the sniper, to make it more immersive i wrote a custom damage feedback that flashes you screen red (depending on the damage you get) and shakes the camera
- There is a ~50% chance that the game crash when you join it the first time, if you try it again it should work like a charm. But if you not played it for a while, it could happend again.
If that happends the position where you leave the game is lost and you respawn in the safezone. It's a strange bug in the mod itself i think, nothin i can do except keep sending tons of crash reports to the devs
- Airstrike planes didn't appear if they spawn to far away and they often glitchin at the skyscraper
- When you equip a two handed weapon it looks like you equip nothing and the weapon maybe appears between you legs, use the mousewheel to fix this
- Sometimes ammo didn't appear in the reserve after picking it up, that means you can't reload it. If that happends, equip the weapon again
Survival District - Testserver