Currently the developers are putting their own money into JC2-MP to keep the servers online.

Please take a few seconds of your time and disable your AdBlock plugin for our website.

Ad revenue is not going to developers, it is used purely for covering our hosting costs.

You are also free to donate, which removes all ads from our website!

Patch 0.3 was just released! Full changelog here: https://t.co/4A50m6IKen

2 years ago

Advertisement
June 25, 2019, 01:26:27 pm

Author Topic: Survival District - Testserver  (Read 268317 times)

DurtyFree

• View Profile
Re: Survival District - Testserver
« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2014, 10:46:58 pm »
You have awesome ideas and you also nicely realised these ideas!

Hope to see more of that.
I also hope for this project to get open source, would love to take a look at some stuff :)

123samson456

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 24, 2014, 08:27:50 pm »
This is incredible awesome... its so great running around looting boxes and getting weapons. Until now i did not have any contact with opponents but i think it will happen the next days. Really awesome... keep up the good work dude.

123samson456

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 02, 2014, 09:10:43 pm »
Now that Ive played for more than 10 hours now I can say that there is a lot of potential... I like the idea a lot!!!

Only Problem so far:
If you log out on a skyscraper and log back in you glitch into the world because its loading slower than it should. You can't fix this.. thats for sure but it would be nice if there would be a /stuck or at least a /kill feature because otherwise you will have no chance getting out of that building.

misterff1

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 04, 2014, 03:24:31 pm »
But it's a good thing, i found that bug and fix it, so it won't happend again.

« Last Edit: June 04, 2014, 03:26:38 pm by misterff1 »

crescentfresh

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 04, 2014, 08:40:53 pm »
Now that Ive played for more than 10 hours now I can say that there is a lot of potential... I like the idea a lot!!!

Only Problem so far:
If you log out on a skyscraper and log back in you glitch into the world because its loading slower than it should. You can't fix this.. thats for sure but it would be nice if there would be a /stuck or at least a /kill feature because otherwise you will have no chance getting out of that building.

I had that same issue.

ING

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 05, 2014, 06:41:50 pm »
You can kill yourself now by typing "/suicide" into the chat, after standing still for 30 seconds you will killed and respawn in the safezone.

I also working on the next update, i not gonna make it to this weekend, but most likely to the next. And it will be big!

You never be alone on this server anymore...

123samson456

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 05, 2014, 08:33:27 pm »
Thanks for realising my suggestion that quick.
Guess you are coding an AI for some other guys in the world  :)

Lord_Farquaad

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 07, 2014, 06:52:56 am »
Looks like it's time to break out JC2MP again.  I haven't played in a while but this looks awesome!

crescentfresh

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 11, 2014, 09:55:21 pm »
I have 45 LOCKPICS   MUAAA HA HA HAAAAA....HA!

ING

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 15, 2014, 08:27:30 pm »
Update June 15

There is a AI controlled enemy at the Secret 1 location now. I don't tell you what it is but it's something that a lot of players already searched since the game exist, but never could be found because it was not in the game, until now...

Currently there is no way to kill it, but it can kill you! You can hear it from very far away and you can hide from it, it needs 3 seconds of "eye contact" to spot you. Then it warns you and after another 3 seconds of eye contact it starts attacking. You can escape with grapplehook / parachute, on foot it's not possible. You also can bring it closer to another player to change his target.

It's moving in a wide area that is related to the secret location, you maybe have to search or wait some minutes until it came across, there is also (a lot) of loot now. You can follow the enemy to see where loot is. If it's not moving it's broken, there is a good chance to fix this with a reconnect.

A second Secret is existing now, at that place is the only loot crate that has a 33% dropchance for a Player Radar, but you have to do something to get it! If you know the game, you know what you have to do. It respawn after 4 hours.

The Player Radar shows other players in the minimap, you need batteries to run it (can rarely be found in Level 3 and 4 loot). A battery activates the Player Radar for 5 minutes, simply click it in your inventory to activate. If you have more than 1 battery you can click it again to extend the time by 5 minutes.

Mines can be found in Level 2 - 4 Loot (3 and 4 can drop stacks up to 3). Planted Mines stay on the server when you log out and still working for you, if someone runs into it you got the kill and next time when you log in you got a message in the chat.

These mines are very brutal and don't blow up instantly when you trigger them. They jump in the air spinning and making a wild beeping noise, one second later they blew up with a horrible bang. If you keep running into them you will die, but when you reacting fast and back off you can survive it when you at full health.

• You don't trigger your own and friends mines
  • You can pick up your own mines by pressing "E" near them
  • They have no time limit but i maybe change that later if it's getting to much
  • If you trigger a mine in a vehicle, it blows up instantly after the first beep, the car gives you protection but got massive damage
  • Currently mines can't destroyed with explosives or airstrikes, but with the right equipment there is a safe way to disarm them

The whole forest in the top left corner of the island is a minefield now, there are ~300 mines and ~150 loot spawns! A triggered mine respawns after 10 minutes.

Another big thing of this update are a lot of details and improvements...

• Gasstations: You can repair your vehicle in any Gasstation now, simply drive into it and wait
  • Falling Objects: When you plant explosives/mines or drop loot in mid air, it fell down to the ground
  • Improved Lootspawns: The loot spawn system is more dynamic now
  • Improved Inventory: You can drop several items from a inventory stack, after right clicking, left click the item to define the drop count. You also can pick up a single item from a stack in a loot crate by right click it
  • Inventory Stacks: More items are stackable now: Small weapons (2-3), Healthpacks (3-5), Grapplehook (3), Mines (5), Batteries (10)
  • Reverse Planes: Planes can go backwards now, hold down Ctrl to move smoothly backwards

Minor things and Bugfixes

• When you join the server the first time, you start with a handgun, 2 clips and a small healthpack
  • If you glitched into a building etc, type "/suicide" to kill yourself
  • Fix a glitch that allows unlock vehicles without using lockpicks
  • Planted explosives can't dropped anymore

123samson456

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 15, 2014, 08:50:00 pm »
oh man... how awesome are all of these new features?! checking it out tomorrow. this server has so much potential.
But im still waiting for an AI for other player-like enemys  :D

Soldiershak

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 16, 2014, 07:05:49 am »
When do people play on the server? I haven't run into players.

123samson456

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 18, 2014, 10:31:07 pm »
First of all I want to say thank you for the update... love the new possibilities. but after playing for some time i have some improvements:

- a car chat / a local chat (otherwise team communication is really difficult)
- backpacks (you can find them in crates, they are rare but add space to the inventory. perhaps different sizes, bigger ones are more rare than the little ones. I know you want to add loot space by earning xp but that only allows experienced players to nave more loot.)
- better implemented cars (at the moment there is no need to use them, too little distances)

One last thing: why dont you try to get this server highlighted. its definetely unique and has far too less attention than it deserves. ghe aspects that posyible highlighted servers should have.
you would get more players which means more feedback etc.
ofcourse its your own choice but i would like to see this server highlighted.

Soldiershak

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 19, 2014, 04:09:09 am »
I Played today and finally encountered another player it was frightening. I was on a quad bike and suddenly an ice cream truck pulls up in front of me. After a stare down, they began driving towards me at full speed so I had no choice but to get out of there quickly. luckily I was on a quad which makes it a lot easier navigate around tight spots when being chased by a giant ice cream truck. I got away after the driver crashed into a tree, but I think they had someone else waiting in a red van and when I thought I was safe the red  van got close enough to scrape my bike, but I didn't fall off of it. They almost had me, but I was able to escape by making a sharp turn into a nearby alley. About 10 minutes later, I saw the same ice cream truck driving around they didn't see me since I was standing above them.

Nice work on this server it really has it's own feel to it. Also, it  seems like lockpicks have become the currency among players.

Lord_Farquaad

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 20, 2014, 06:37:52 am »
I played on this today with and without my friend and it was awesome.  When I first got on, one guy was camping the spawn demanding lock picks for his protection of you and otherwise he would kill you.  So you could go out and find some and then you would get a team.

Mines are really annoying but super awesome.

I think that it needs more vehicles.  I have only seen like one boat.  Ever.

Once the hunger is added, it will be pretty similar to hunger games which is awesome.  Are there any plans to restrict gameplay to directly inside the city?