Currently the developers are putting their own money into JC2-MP to keep the servers online.

Please take a few seconds of your time and disable your AdBlock plugin for our website.

Ad revenue is not going to developers, it is used purely for covering our hosting costs.

You are also free to donate, which removes all ads from our website!

Patch 0.3 was just released! Full changelog here: https://t.co/4A50m6IKen

3 years ago

Advertisement
July 07, 2020, 09:47:15 pm

Author Topic: Survival District - Testserver  (Read 321977 times)

Gambetto

• View Profile
Re: Survival District - Testserver
« Reply #180 on: November 25, 2014, 11:06:21 am »
ING, is there any plans to fix invisible crates/barrels when placed far away from the city?
And why all or most of the docks are without a boats?
When loot-map will be updated? I found loot in unmarked places and reverse.

ING

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: November 25, 2014, 02:46:04 pm »
Zemantras, I want to solve the issue in private but ING didn't respond. I don't have his skype/steam or anything like that. He wants avoid me.
dude, i already told you that we can do some testing some days after the update when you stop this here. but instead having a bit patience you keep trying getting unbanned by raging against me in public...

currently the only way for you getting unbanned is when you agree to kill nobody (!) until we figured out why other players can't kill you and why it's lookin so nasty when u kill others. testing it will be mean you do some arranged fights with your handgun in front of spectators.

I never saw that kind of injustice so I wouldn't stop it's unacceptable.
you haven't seen alot so far, right?

however, for me it would be a bigger injustice let a player on the server who can't be killed, somehow can kill other players superfast and have no shame to miss use it. on a freeroam server it's might not so important but on this server you can really loose something and it would be just unfair against all other players on the server.

if you not cheating you banned for technical difficulties. that may seems unfair to you but you didn't care about fairness before when you killed 247 players, so you can also called bad karma ;)

ING, is there any plans to fix invisible crates/barrels when placed far away from the city?
And why all or most of the docks are without a boats?
When loot-map will be updated? I found loot in unmarked places and reverse.
about the invisible stashes, sadly i can't fix them. only way to avoid it would be to forbid use stashes in areas where they would be invisible but there is now way to do it via script it and testing it out and creating the datamap is to much awful work...

vehicles currently can only found at the cities, it will be extended later.

new lootmap comes when it's done ;)

MeTeC

• View Profile
« Reply #182 on: November 25, 2014, 03:34:21 pm »
I have rebought a Just cause 2 just for playing in your server ING.

So now I record all kills who can be considered like a hack (like multikills or player who says I hack) and if you spot me (I doubt that will happen again because all this matter was circumstances) I will show you the proof that I don't hack.

But yes I accept to kill nobody if you unban me on my main account, no problem.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2014, 03:43:18 pm by MeTeC »

harisalipk

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: November 25, 2014, 05:47:46 pm »
Updated Loot Map:

Edit: Fixed a mistake
« Last Edit: November 27, 2014, 12:27:43 am by harisalipk »

crescentfresh

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: November 26, 2014, 07:38:56 pm »
I want to play this so bad D:

Great job on loot placing guys!

Pixel621

• View Profile
« Reply #185 on: November 30, 2014, 12:53:11 am »
This is by far the best just cause server out there. I am now addicted and can not stop looting. Sadly very hard to find parachutes but i suppose that's normal. only one I have ever found is when I killed someone so I have had little experience with it. I want to say good job on loot placement because it seems well balanced and loot is literally everywhere if you look. Thank you so much for making this server reality, you made the game worth my money by far. :3

Eggmasstree

• View Profile
« Reply #186 on: December 01, 2014, 12:18:50 am »
This lag ...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=skhcbHKK2dk
So sad D:
Anyway, this mod is awesome
Oh I have an idea :
About the stuff you drop when you die, let it be in the chat, it disappears
Same for your killer/victim name :/
It would be great

Gambetto

• View Profile
« Reply #187 on: December 01, 2014, 12:43:05 pm »
Yeah, all system messages should remain in the chat. I suppose on the Log tab, because it always empty.
And such unkillable persons are very disappointing.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2014, 01:00:14 pm by Gambetto »

Wiley17402

• View Profile
« Reply #188 on: December 02, 2014, 11:09:22 am »
great work i love the server i log in as EagleHunter :)
heh
great job keep up the work

dadus2000

• View Profile
« Reply #189 on: December 02, 2014, 11:30:07 am »
Awesome server!
I'm now playing for about 2 months. However, I thing this server is missing some useful features. For example, I think it would be a great idea to implement friend teleportation. I mean, if you open up the friend list, you should have a tpa button near the player's name (if he/she added you on her/his list and you added him/her on yours). If you press the tpa button, the player you sent the request to will be noticed you sent them a tpa request, and they can accept it by opening the friend list and clicking the accept request button near the player's name.
Also, another great feature would be the /home and /sethome command. This commands should allow you to set a a waypoint you can warp to whenever you want (with timing, just like the suicide command). You should only be able to set one home. Also, to set a home you should need a certain item, let's say "Home Waypoint".
Thanks!
PS: Please keep in mind that these are only my opinions, you don't have to implement those features if you think it won't help the server. Also, please add me on skype as dadus2000. I might be able to offer you free hosting on a SSD dedi.

Starsky

• View Profile
« Reply #190 on: December 02, 2014, 01:42:31 pm »
with my friends we have crash all time tring to join the server ...and only for this one.
great potential and game indeed

Eggmasstree

• View Profile
« Reply #191 on: December 07, 2014, 06:20:40 pm »
[...]
friend teleportation.
[...]
Also, another great feature would be the /home and /sethome command.

Such TP can't be in the game
Imagine a moment a groupe of poeple are farmning secrets (Whale and lost Island)
They can easily control every interessting zone of the map. Which is quite unfair

It might work with conditions...
- You can't tp to ppl that are more far than 2km
- You can't set home waypoint near secrets (Let's say 5km)
- All tp would takes more than 30 seconds

Too much for players I guess ?

dastrash

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: December 07, 2014, 06:41:33 pm »
Hi ING,

First all all, I wanted to say that I love this mod and I'm thankful for your hard work. I've been loving every single change and addition you've brought to the Survival District so far, but today I've come across one thing that made me sad:

The limiting on the functionality of the Rocket Launcher from the air.

I can say I fully understand the rational behind it, (many of my kills are this way), but I think there could be other ways to solve this, either have a cool-down for the gun or limiting the amount of rockets a player can carry, because I believe that crippling the gun hurts the game, rocket launcher is mostly useless from the ground.

FAST EDIT: As for protecting new players, A default super-vest for them would be ok XD... So that newbies can't be killed with rockets, that would be good for all, but please, don't cripple the gun.

Once again, thanks for the hard work and the many hours of fun.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2014, 08:13:50 pm by dastrash »

harisalipk

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: December 07, 2014, 08:26:14 pm »

The limiting on the functionality of the Rocket Launcher from the air.

At first, I was really glad with this change, because lately, killing with the rocket launcher was getting really out of hand. It's very easy to kill with it and it can become very unfair against new players who don't have a grapplehook or parachute to escape. But now I agree with dastrash that instead of completely disabling this functionality, just limiting it somehow would be better.

PanzerSchreck

• View Profile
« Reply #194 on: December 08, 2014, 09:05:25 pm »
Dear ING,
I am truly thankful for this server. I don't want to sound ungrateful, but I have 2 complaints and some ideas to make those issues better.

1) I think feeling urged to stop newcomers from rage quitting because of Death-by-Rocket-from-Above, you prohibited airborne players from using Grenade and Rocket Launcher. Which sucks for me and many to come.

Suggestions:
    a) Personally, G.Launcher is already terrible on or above the ground, you should consider unlimitting it. I never shot what I wanted less than 5 rounds; and when I did it, I caused serious damage on my self too.

b) You might decrease the level of damage it causes on players of lower level. A similar suggestion of different damage levels was made on one of previous posts. With some adjustments it might work to limit on these weapons.

c) You might make these weapons weaker on lower altitudes, but still effective on higher altitudes. This might give an edge on ground dwellers. It also enables a high leveler to replenish by giving him/her a chance to run away from atop a roof down to an alley. Annoying for the chaser but it lengthens the fight, which is also good.

d) You might make these weapons functional only if the target is far away after a certain distance. Think of it as reverse out-of-range situation, a red cross might appear similar to not being able to target Airstrike too far.

e) You can make the projectile more effective if it hits further from the weapon. The closer you get to the target, the softer the damage gets. This one can also prevent from the shooter from death by misfires.

2) We have battery life now but they work quite badly. When you start radar or mine detector, you lose the half of a battery or one battery completely if it has less than half a life. This does not encourage players to save up battery but rather spend them in bulk.

a) You might make it work like Grapple, R.Grapple or Parachute life but maybe faster. That way players would want to save them, instead of stock-piling them. They will be less likely to turn on a radar and insist on a chase, but rather use it in small bursts. Or they will use detector while approaching a loot to look for hidden traps (my modus operandi) then turn off.

b) You might consider stopping continuous usage. I really don't want to spend batteries but  by the time I stop radar, my full battery is already half-dead so I think why not go with it and chase some bastards before it runs out  >:( .

I know my ideas might not be feasable at all, but might contribute to better solutions.
What do you think?