Currently the developers are putting their own money into JC2-MP to keep the servers online.

Please take a few seconds of your time and disable your AdBlock plugin for our website.

Ad revenue is not going to developers, it is used purely for covering our hosting costs.

You are also free to donate, which removes all ads from our website!

Patch 0.3 was just released! Full changelog here: https://t.co/4A50m6IKen

2 years ago

Advertisement
March 22, 2019, 09:40:26 pm

Author Topic: Survival District - Testserver  (Read 256884 times)

123samson456

• View Profile
Re: Survival District - Testserver
« Reply #30 on: June 20, 2014, 11:19:17 am »
I played on this today with and without my friend and it was awesome.  When I first got on, one guy was camping the spawn demanding lock picks for his protection of you and otherwise he would kill you.  So you could go out and find some and then you would get a team.

Mines are really annoying but super awesome.

I think that it needs more vehicles.  I have only seen like one boat.  Ever.

Once the hunger is added, it will be pretty similar to hunger games which is awesome.  Are there any plans to restrict gameplay to directly inside the city?

Could it be that the guy was called Netcode...? Because thats my name ingame and I did exactly what you described. Its really funny to do this because you look well equipped and everyone thinks you are a pro :D

ING

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 20, 2014, 06:38:02 pm »
- a car chat / a local chat (otherwise team communication is really difficult)
i planned chatbubbles for that, then you can "see" when nearby players are talking. i maybe also add a microphone as a lootable item, then you can see other players talking over large distances ;)

- backpacks (you can find them in crates, they are rare but add space to the inventory. perhaps different sizes, bigger ones are more rare than the little ones. I know you want to add loot space by earning xp but that only allows experienced players to nave more loot.)
i skipped the xp system already and will, as you mention it, add backpack's as lootable items for upgrading the inventory.

- better implemented cars (at the moment there is no need to use them, too little distances)
i know, they not so useful in the city except you wanna go fast from one end to the other. but traveling with other players or fast escaping is easier with a car i think, and if you want to go to the airport or other places outside the city, they are very useful ;)

One last thing: why dont you try to get this server highlighted.
i want add more stuff and improvements to it before i try to getting it highlighted, you only getting once there and this is the point where it gets the most new players.

there are also still bugs, imbalanced settings and dirty code segments that i have handle to. it's the first time i write a multiplayer game and scripting it is a big learning process for me and i want more experience before it's getting bigger. currently im just happy i got some players over the last days, helps me a lot to find bugs, imba's and getting new ideas.

i planned 2 more updates before i ask to highlight it, the next overhauls the combat system and the second adds food and other things, when they running stable i think the server is ready. but currently i still stabilize the last update.

i added 100 vehicles today. there are some groups they collecting all the vehicles and bring them to their base. i will add a ownership limitation and transfer option with the next update.

Are there any plans to restrict gameplay to directly inside the city?
not really restrict it because there are already places outside the city where you can go. but i will add a big notification that shows up when you leave the district, this weekend.

edit:
i forget to mention, the ai enemy has some weird bugs that makes it invisible and not hearable, until it starts killing you and then you only see some effects, still not the enemy. it works fine for some hours when i restart the server (i can proof it's there ;)) but after a while it happends and reloading the script doesn't help. i don't figure out yet what it causes...
« Last Edit: June 20, 2014, 07:44:10 pm by ING »

Soldiershak

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 20, 2014, 07:49:22 pm »
I mentioned this yesterday on the server: Please add gamepad support. I'm sure anything that uses the "E" key can use the Y button on the controller. Currently it is very difficult to exit a bike and using the E key on the item boxes causes disables use of the camera until you press "E" again.

Lord_Farquaad

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 20, 2014, 11:36:00 pm »
I played on this today with and without my friend and it was awesome.  When I first got on, one guy was camping the spawn demanding lock picks for his protection of you and otherwise he would kill you.  So you could go out and find some and then you would get a team.

Mines are really annoying but super awesome.

Once the hunger is added, it will be pretty similar to hunger games which is awesome.  Are there any plans to restrict gameplay to directly inside the city?

Could it be that the guy was called Netcode...? Because thats my name ingame and I did exactly what you described. Its really funny to do this because you look well equipped and everyone thinks you are a pro :D
Haha so it was you!

Soldiershak

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 21, 2014, 05:07:37 am »
The mines are out of control please make it where the mines explode when they're too close to the item boxes, those are cheap kills because you can't see them because they're placed inside of the box.

Lord_Farquaad

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 21, 2014, 08:03:07 am »
HAHA.  I log on and I see that I've killed five people with mines.  Little do you know that I have 10 more in my inventory.

Soldiershak

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 21, 2014, 11:56:25 pm »
I think it would be cool to add a care package item where a heli or jet delivers an item(s) to the area. The catch would be:
-it takes about 30 seconds to drop
-all players receive marker that indicates where the care package will be dropped
-the rarity of items should change depending on how long it;s be the the first 30 seconds and last 30 seconds should have the rarest
-The player that calls the package should not be able to call it where it is too close to them
-there should be a blast radius that harms or kills players if they are too close when it lands.
-Opening the care package should take 10 seconds and let off a loud boom sound once its opened
-It should remain in place for 5 minutes before it self destructs in a nuke explosion (very extreme lol)

This should draw players to one location and build up the tension.

I think you should also add the ability to store items in dumpsters
-there should be some sort of icon indicating that you have items stored there so it's easy to locate later once you're in range of the dumpster.
-Players should be able to store a limited amount of items and some items should not be storable like explosives and airstrikes/food etc
-it should cost lockpicks to re/open them, so they don't abuse it etc

Also can you add some item boxes underwater.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2014, 12:15:03 am by Soldiershak »

Lord_Farquaad

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 22, 2014, 12:07:37 am »
I think that it would also be cool if players could set up their own trade shops in the safe zone.  For example, a player with multiple parachutes could put them up for trade at the price of some lockpicks.  This way, people can collect things and trade for them instead of everyone simple searching around.

A rare mine-disabling tool would also be pretty nice.

123samson456

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 22, 2014, 12:17:10 am »
I think it would be cool to add a care package item where a heli or jet delivers an item(s) to the player who called it. The catch would be:
it takes about 30 seconds to drop
all players receive marker that indicates where the care package will be dropped
The player that calls the package should not be able to call it where it is too close to them
there should be a blast radius that harms or kills players if they are too close when it lands.
Opening the care package should take 10 seconds and let off a loud boom sound once its opened
It should remain in place for 5 minutes before it self destructs in a nuke explosion (very extreme lol)

This should draw players to one location and build up the tension.

Also can you add some item boxes underwater.

The idea of such a drop sounds cool. but I would like to see it in a different way:
Players can find a telephone in loot crates. They work with batteries. With that you can "contact" somebody who drops a big care package. Players can hear the plane and the sound when the package hits the ground. In the package you can find batteries, health packs, something like a compass or something for better orientation, and perhaps weapons or explosives. If a player gets to near the landing area.. He will die when the package hits the ground.

Possible idea for the "something for better orientation": a connection to a satellite that allows to see the city from the top like a bird. This could add tactical features (I heard you want to overhaul the combat system ING)

Even if our ideas might differ a lot Soldiershak I think your idea is great either.

I think that it would also be cool if players could set up their own trade shops in the safe zone.  For example, a player with multiple parachutes could put them up for trade at the price of some lockpicks.  This way, people can collect things and trade for them instead of everyone simple searching around.

A rare mine-disabling tool would also be pretty nice.

This sounds like something that would make player conversations really exiting and important.
Totally agree with your idea

Soldiershak

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 22, 2014, 12:18:54 am »
I agree with the trade shop, I think certain items should have a base value too the parachute and grapple should be some of the most expensive items.

and the batteries idea sounds great, the batteries should be a multi-purpose item that can be used in certain locations to cause certain things, like the telephone thing you mentioned
« Last Edit: June 22, 2014, 12:22:57 am by Soldiershak »

ING

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 22, 2014, 07:26:55 pm »
airdrop supplies are a very nice idea, saw them already in rust. i think randomize the location would be the best, than i can detect a area where no players are.

about the dumpsters, free placeable chest are already planned for the second update. for the next update i also planned a mine sensor that beeps in a 5 meter range, a battery runs it 15 minutes ;)

i made a small update today:

Ping
Can be found in Level 3 and 4 loot. It's a one use item, it creates a sound at your position that extends with 333 m/s, if it hits another player his position will be marked and stays on the screen for some seconds. but the position will not updated, it's not like a nametag, when the player keeps moving he will be not at this position anymore. when you do it, other players can hear it too and maybe locate your position. On the ground it has a range of 600 m, how higher do you get, how bigger is the range.

I think that's a cool and fair way to bring players together on this server ;)

Area Notifications
When you leave the district now, a message appears in front of you for the next 30 seconds. You also getting a message when you entering a secret zone with a little hint.

Changes / Bugfixes:

• reduced the mine spawnrate (~50%) and damage values (~30%)
  • fixing a bug that makes players inside the safezone visible to outside players
  • fixing a bug that stops vehicles (especially planes and helicopters) from respawning fast after getting destroyed
  • reduce the unoccupied respawn time of owned vehicles to 2 days
  • when you press f5, there's a little helpwindow that explains some basics

123samson456

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 22, 2014, 07:42:20 pm »
Cool update man...
You say its a small update. Well... for me that would have been a HUGE update, based on my coding skills :D
I really like the way you keep the server up to date
« Last Edit: June 22, 2014, 07:43:53 pm by 123samson456 »

123samson456

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 08, 2014, 06:25:01 pm »
So after perhaps 6 hours of searching for secret 2 I manged to found a VERY VERY well hidden loot crate. I dont want to leak any details otherwise its no fun for everyone else to find it.
But I was pretty disappointed when I found the "wrong" loot in it. You said that it'll respawn every 4 hours.
So if I wait the four hours and try it again i might get another loot?
Thanks in advance

crescentfresh

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 09, 2014, 05:06:44 am »
Hey sucker, nice to meet you in the forums, eh?
Is your mummy proud of what you did on Survival District?
Hopefully she will allow you to lick her pussy tonight.
What you did was soo brave silly motherfucker.
In memories for a person I thought he was kind of cool and nice:
FUCK YOU SILLY BITCH

Please respond to him. Your server is his livelihood. 

123samson456

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 09, 2014, 03:20:24 pm »
Hey sucker, nice to meet you in the forums, eh?
Is your mummy proud of what you did on Survival District?
Hopefully she will allow you to lick her pussy tonight.
What you did was soo brave silly motherfucker.
In memories for a person I thought he was kind of cool and nice:
FUCK YOU SILLY BITCH

Please respond to him. Your server is his livelihood.

Hey crescentfresh... why are you quoting me without explaining the context or my problems with you, eh?
Is it the case because it could sound worse for you when everybody knows the context?
It might be not unimportant to tell it as well:
Ive searched for hours to find the secret 2 loot crate and when I found it the "wrong" loot was in it. So I quitted and after a few hours I rejoined to look again. I noticed that you were on the server and talked with you a little bit. But it was your first time playing on the server again after a long time and I explained you new features and some changes that were made. So far so good.
And crescentfresh please dont forget that I helped you a lot in the beginning, for example warning you that you couldnt kill the enemy at secret1. You told me that it would be no problem because you have been well equipped (just a short reminder). So I told you everything about that and the secret 2 and after a few minutes you were almost crying for the position of secret 2 I was that nice that I told you where you could find it. Then you came and killed me without a damn reason.

Perhaps now it makes a bit more sense for the most guys here who might be a little bit confused why I actually insulted him. I searched for that secret more than 6 hours and when I got that far I got killed by a player that wouldnt have had any chance against me but I was afk and when i got back in the game he was already there.

I dont know why you have been such an idiot crescentfresh after I helped you so much.
Perhaps a little excuse would be nice, eh?

That being sad I would like to say sorry because I definetely did overreact. But on the other hand I was really frustrated after all the time I spent to get this far.

Anyway... please dont post anything that belongs to this issue in this thread. I think ING does not deserve being spammed because of such a problem. He does excellent work and should not be confronted by the downsides of this conversation.