Currently the developers are putting their own money into JC2-MP to keep the servers online.

Please take a few seconds of your time and disable your AdBlock plugin for our website.

Ad revenue is not going to developers, it is used purely for covering our hosting costs.

You are also free to donate, which removes all ads from our website!

Patch 0.3 was just released! Full changelog here: https://t.co/4A50m6IKen

3 years ago

Advertisement
July 13, 2020, 09:49:24 am

Author Topic: Survival District - Testserver  (Read 323459 times)

crescentfresh

• Donator
    • View Profile
Re: Survival District - Testserver
« Reply #60 on: September 15, 2014, 07:31:30 pm »
I am thoroughly impressed with your work ING :D

I just hopped on for a bit, and was pleasantly surprised, your server's
really polished now, and as we can see here, will continue to get better!

I hope you get a server highlight soon. 8)

ING

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 16, 2014, 01:52:08 pm »
  • The flare count is not working correctly. I am able to stack them, but when I use them, the count doesn't go down. I have unlimited flares.

• When the parachute and grapple hook health goes down to zero, it doesn't remove them from my inventory. For example, I have two grapple hooks shown as grapplehook(2) with its health bar in my inventory. When the health bar goes down to zero, it should say grapplehook(1) with health bar restored to the second grapple hook health. That's how I understand it works, correct me if I'm wrong :)
both bugs should be fixed now, also

• fixed a bug that doesn't keep the grapplehook equipped when logout
  • fixed a bug that makes the secret item not workin anymore
  • grapplehook and parachute automatically equip when picked up without having one equiped

123samson456

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 16, 2014, 09:06:12 pm »
Im a little bit confused. I rejoined the server today and all my stuff i looted after the recent update has gone.

ING

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 16, 2014, 10:39:59 pm »
yes, sry! there was a bug that prevents the profiles from saving, it affects everyone who was played before sunday ~10:00 pm, causes when you have a stash in your inventory. that things sadly can happend the first day after such a big update because i was diggin deep in the inventory and loot scripts again for this update.

when you tell me what you lost, i can added to your inventory again :)

123samson456

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 17, 2014, 04:58:59 pm »
no its alright ill get it again without your help (looting is a lot of fun  ;) )
i just wanted you to know that this is happening before EVERYONE looses stuff  :)

ING

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 19, 2014, 02:02:49 pm »
server seems to be very stable now, time enough for another update:

• Secret 3
    with that secret comes a new possibility to jcmp that never exist like that before, you can transport a infinite amount of players! other players looks a bit glitchy while moving but everything else is supersmooth.
  • Stashes can renamed in the Stashmanager
  • Swimming has now also a high energy usage
  • You have to point a mine to pick it up to avoid problems near loot crates, stashes or vehicles
  • Fixed a bug that makes the stash disappear when placed on another stash
  • Fixed a bug that shows "Physics" instead of "Hunger" for the hunger death

123samson456

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: September 19, 2014, 05:34:27 pm »
Congratulations for being approved. You have deserved it!!!

CoconutFred

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: September 19, 2014, 10:16:29 pm »
Congrats on being highlighted!

crescentfresh

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: September 20, 2014, 06:49:09 pm »
This server is so fun with this many people! Twenty-five people wow!

Protip: with 25 people, competition for vehicles is high

AccursedPrince

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: September 21, 2014, 10:59:49 am »

Are you kidding me? Yesterday i played with GeneralApathy and the server had 110+ players in it and also the mod had 1500+ players playing in the servers, it's good to see the mod finally becoming alive again with the new and coming gamemodes

charleseugenethatcher

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: September 21, 2014, 04:29:40 pm »
spent a little time on this server now.
and what can I say? for a beta-testing-server it's okay, but nothing really good.
A lot of servers have been set up in the last couple of months with good new functions and possibilities... but this feels like one from the beginning. It's a frustrating, unbalanced game experience.

I saw complete newbies leaving the safe zone, just to get bombed by G9's and or grenade and rocket launchers of more experienced players. I think this occurs, because the district is not big enough to contain more than 100 competetive players and make it balanced for everyone.

next thing: global chat. why only globa chat? can't there be groups? I know it's a beta, but on a survival server the first thing I would think of is the loot and second is grouping up with others! you can't survive this shit alone! make groups by adding people as friends and let them have a private chat (but they can still switch back to global if needed)

the rest, with rarety of vehicles and the amount of loot is okay... but it gets a bit boring with looting, because the content of a box respawns in between minutes. I spent some time at the airport just going from the crate in the south to the one in the north and back, just to get loot all the time (not the best one, but yeah)

keep up the good work and balance people a bit more (maybe a start up loot box for everyone: bandage, water bottle, cans of bean)

will keep this server in my eyes, while playing my favourite one.... see ya m8's

Jman100

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: September 21, 2014, 05:14:54 pm »
I gotta put my 2 cents in on this one. This gamemode surprised me at how well it was made. This is as close to DayZ as you can get in jcmp and its amazing. I spent hours hunting loot the other day and enjoyed it.

I hope you (ING) plan to expand the area, i can imagine the entire map of panau being like this, it would be amazing. I honestly hope this server gets some articles on pcgamer.com or something.

10/10 Well done ING.

harisalipk

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: September 21, 2014, 06:59:01 pm »
spent a little time on this server now.
and what can I say? for a beta-testing-server it's okay, but nothing really good.
A lot of servers have been set up in the last couple of months with good new functions and possibilities... but this feels like one from the beginning. It's a frustrating, unbalanced game experience.

I saw complete newbies leaving the safe zone, just to get bombed by G9's and or grenade and rocket launchers of more experienced players. I think this occurs, because the district is not big enough to contain more than 100 competetive players and make it balanced for everyone.

next thing: global chat. why only globa chat? can't there be groups? I know it's a beta, but on a survival server the first thing I would think of is the loot and second is grouping up with others! you can't survive this shit alone! make groups by adding people as friends and let them have a private chat (but they can still switch back to global if needed)

the rest, with rarety of vehicles and the amount of loot is okay... but it gets a bit boring with looting, because the content of a box respawns in between minutes. I spent some time at the airport just going from the crate in the south to the one in the north and back, just to get loot all the time (not the best one, but yeah)

keep up the good work and balance people a bit more (maybe a start up loot box for everyone: bandage, water bottle, cans of bean)

will keep this server in my eyes, while playing my favourite one.... see ya m8's

Well the server highlighting and steam sale has really hit this server hard. Before this weekend, there were exactly 0 players and max player count was 12 since the beginning of the server. All of a sudden there's ~150 players, 50+ more than the original limit of the server. I doubt ING designed the gameplay to accommodate this many players, hence the balance issues, in fact all of the problems you described are because of unexpected high number of players. Give it time, its only been three days and ING probably hasn't slept at all this weekend ;D

crescentfresh

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: September 21, 2014, 08:50:10 pm »

Are you kidding me? Yesterday i played with GeneralApathy and the server had 110+ players in it and also the mod had 1500+ players playing in the servers, it's good to see the mod finally becoming alive again with the new and coming gamemodes

INDEED INDEED!! I was commenting on a experience a few days ago, still, from 1>25 is a huge step up, and yes i've played with 120 people on it, you can never let your guard down ... I lost fucking FIFTYYY lockpicks because of that. I will get you .... taver! Oh well! Live and learn!

I agree completely! And harisalipk is right as well, it wasn't that expected with the player count.

My thoughts on it would be, expand loot to the neighboring north west city. Incentive it by having better and higher level loot, and a double probability of rare drops, but half the amount of actual loot spawns. Have a few vehicles that way too. Even if there were just 20-30 less people in the city spawn, that would clear it out enough.

Another suggestion: Ability to PM players. Either /pm or /w so that I can share locations of stashes covertly.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2014, 08:55:17 pm by crescentfresh »

AccursedPrince

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: September 21, 2014, 10:34:00 pm »

INDEED INDEED!! I was commenting on a experience a few days ago, still, from 1>25 is a huge step up, and yes i've played with 120 people on it, you can never let your guard down ... I lost fucking FIFTYYY lockpicks because of that. I will get you .... taver! Oh well! Live and learn!

I agree completely! And harisalipk is right as well, it wasn't that expected with the player count.

My thoughts on it would be, expand loot to the neighboring north west city. Incentive it by having better and higher level loot, and a double probability of rare drops, but half the amount of actual loot spawns. Have a few vehicles that way too. Even if there were just 20-30 less people in the city spawn, that would clear it out enough.

Another suggestion: Ability to PM players. Either /pm or /w so that I can share locations of stashes covertly.
All we can do now is to wait and let ING expand the gamemode for more players.