Currently the developers are putting their own money into JC2-MP to keep the servers online.

Please take a few seconds of your time and disable your AdBlock plugin for our website.

Ad revenue is not going to developers, it is used purely for covering our hosting costs.

You are also free to donate, which removes all ads from our website!

Patch 0.3 was just released! Full changelog here: https://t.co/4A50m6IKen

3 years ago

Advertisement
May 31, 2020, 09:54:39 pm

Author Topic: Survival District - Testserver  (Read 313874 times)

ING

• Donator
    • View Profile
Re: Survival District - Testserver
« Reply #45 on: July 09, 2014, 04:47:53 pm »
Please respond to him.
i agree, this is way to much samsom! a bit of raging in the chat after it happends is ok but that kind of pm is definitely not.

whatever he did and how mean it was, there is no need for that kind of reaction and i don't wanna see something like that on the server (or this forum)! doing mean things is part of this gameplay and it's absolutly legit. and if you can't handle it right now you will definitely not be able to handle it anymore when you loosing inventory on death.

this will be a serious server where seriously things can happend, if you can't handle it please don't play on it!

and yes, i would prefer a pm for that kind of problems ;)

123samson456

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 09, 2014, 05:14:25 pm »
Please respond to him.
i agree, this is way to much samsom! a bit of raging in the chat after it happends is ok but that kind of pm is definitely not.

whatever he did and how mean it was, there is no need for that kind of reaction and i don't wanna see something like that on the server (or this forum)! doing mean things is part of this gameplay and it's absolutly legit. and if you can't handle it right now you will definitely not be able to handle it anymore when you loosing inventory on death.

this will be a serious server where seriously things can happend, if you can't handle it please don't play on it!

and yes, i would prefer a pm for that kind of problems ;)

I want to excuse me for my misbehaviour in terms of my reactions. I already did it via a pm but I want to do it publicly as well. I hope you forgive me crescentfresh, I promise I wont do this again

ING

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 26, 2014, 08:30:39 pm »
Update 26 July

A big part of this update was redesign the code structure and get rid of the most awkward code parts. Takes nearly the half time since the last update but it worth it, it gave me tons of new possibilities and easier handling in the future.

All weapons do a lot more damage and you die very fast from now on!

The Hitdetection is now so accurate as it could be, the usual improved Hitdetection is overpowered because it ignores the bullet velocity.

The script now actually follows every bullet thru the world, if you shoot on a moving target you have to aim in front of it again. Not because it's laggy, because it's realistic!

That also allows me to fix the awkward Rocketlauncher damage detection. The Rocketlauncher is a very dangerous weapon now!

I gave every weapon realistic velocity, range, dispersion and damage values. The time of crazy dogfights is over and you don't risk to run out of ammo so fast anymore.

All weapons do damage to unoccupied vehicles now, the damage depends on the distance and vehicle mass. Destroying heavy vehicles with a handgun is pure wasted ammo.

When you click a explosive in the inventory you don't use it instantly anymore. A full ingame menu shows up and gives you a realtime preview, you simply can drag and drop triggered explosives around by pointing a position in a 5 meter radius around you. The explosive automatically aligns the surface and can be rotated with the mousewheel. If you point a airstrike on a vertical wall, the game automatically change the target position to the roof.

Triggered explosives can now placed on vehicles and players! I know it's completly retarded to allow that for players but it's nearly the same for the script and i think it could also be very funny ;) When you place them on vehicles they float 10 cm over the car, i had to do it for purpose to avoid a horrible glitch between vehicle and explosive but i noticed it still can happend, so be careful with you own vehicles.

Mines / triggered explosives can destroyed with guns and other explosives. They have a damage system, depending on the weapon you need more than 1 shot. You also can do crazy chain reactions with mines and triggered explosives now. I script a little but unrealistic high delay between explosives triggers each other, depending on the distance. Otherwise they would all blow up at once, which not looks so cool ;)

Explosives do more realistic damage and physics effects to vehicles, also depending on the explosive type, distance and vehicle mass.

Mines work as usual, i don't wanna give them more power. They make a quite activation noise now when you getting close to them, there is also a new "Mine Detector" that can looted from level 4 crates. You need a battery to activate it, then it shows you nearby mines for the next 15 minutes.

I manage to script perfect grenades they look like in the singleplayer and are fully synced!

Grenades have physics, they correctly bounce of walls, pulled down by gravity and decelerating thru air resistance and friction.

Press V to throw a grenade. Grenades have a 5 second timer and you throw them in the direction that you look. Change the equipped grenade type by clicking it in your inventory. The equipped type will be saved in you profile when you logout.

There are 4 different grenade types...

• HE Grenades - Normal grenades, do a lot of damage to player and vehicles
  • Flashbangs - Has a very small damage radius but when you look at them when they explode, you get blinded for the next seconds, depending how close you was
  • Smoke Grenades - Creates a dense smoke cloud for the next 30 seconds
  • Toxic Grenades - Creates a green poisened cloud for the next 15 seconds that does 10% damage per second to every player in it

• Ping also shows the positions of your vehicles, if you forgot where it parked, this helps a lot. I also change the range values of the ping, on the ground it has only a 300 m radius, on the tallest building in the city it has a 1500 m radius and shows the whole city! The radius will displayed in the bottom left corner. You also produce a huge shockwave now when using a ping, can be seen by other players.
  • Vehicle ownerships are limited to 5 now, you can remove ownerships and transfer them to other players by pressing F7 to open the vehicle manager
  • When a player got hit, it throws blood out of his body at the exact position where the bullet hits him, this allows you to detect where the bullet came from
  • When you are in the safezone, you can see players outside in a additional 200 m radius. Allows to avoid safezone campers
  • Airstrikes produce a signal smoke on the target position before impact
  • Loot crates and mines are drop correctly aligned to the surface
  • The killfeed shows the weapon / explosive type when you got killed
  • The hidden loot crate at secret 2 drops a lot better loot
  • Nearby players can hear it when you do a meelee attack
  • Some explosion effects has changed / improved
  • /suicide is not so boring anymore ;)

Bugfixes:

• Mines can't throw into safezones anymore
  • Friend nametag's have a higher draw distance
  • Fixed a bug that allows to unlock bikes without using lockpicks
  • Triggered explosives and mines can't be used in vehicles anymore
  • You don't accidently enter vehicles anymore when pick up loot or explosives near vehicles

This is the last update before the server goes into beta state and the last time you can play without loosing inventory stuff! If you wanna easily test the features and / or equip you up before it's getting serious, this is your last chance!

Im still not really sure how to handle the death situation, i think loosing the whole inventory could be bit to much. I can limit it to 30% or 50% etc. or make the droprate depending on the kills the player has, how more kills the player has, how more stuff he will loose when he dies. That could be a fair system to allow beginners to start up under fair conditions. Please let me know what you think!
« Last Edit: July 26, 2014, 09:04:32 pm by ING »

CoconutFred

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 26, 2014, 09:18:50 pm »
...Wow, this is impressive.

123samson456

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 26, 2014, 09:31:44 pm »
Oh man... these features!
Ive joined your server again and tried these features out and I have to admit that I got blown away.
Grenades bounce pretty realistic and they look REALLY cool. Another great addition is showing the radius of the airstrikes... before that i always had problems with checking if i was too close or not.
Unfortunetly I havent tried out the hitreg yet because i was the only player online.
All in all I really like what youve done with the new update.

Edit: Your idea of the death handling seems to be really fair ( newbies (not meant as an insult) have better chances then )

Big_Boss

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 26, 2014, 11:33:20 pm »
You should try to greenlit this "survival mode" for steam, in order to lit the interest of people.

Everybody loves survival games!

keeri

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 26, 2014, 11:39:34 pm »
You should try to greenlit this "survival mode" for steam
That's not what Steam Greenlight is for.

misterff1

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 27, 2014, 10:04:11 am »
You should try to greenlit this "survival mode" for steam
That's not what Steam Greenlight is for.
Shhh, dont ruin the fun.. ;)

On topic: Absolutely amazing what you achieved ING. This deserves to be highlighted as soon as you get into beta

ZeMantras

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 28, 2014, 08:05:20 pm »
Awesome server man! congratulations on the good work! but needs players, and needs to be added to the highlighted servers pronto  ::)

Lord_Farquaad

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 31, 2014, 01:53:00 am »
I think that on death you should lose everything you currently have.  And then in the safe zone there should be a vault for every player to store stuff if they want to.  That way players can only carry so much valuable stuff and have to make tradeoffs.

ING

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 06, 2014, 02:45:37 pm »
just a little announcement:

the beta update most likely comes next weekend, here is a quick overview whats coming...

• simulated hunger
  • lootable vending machines
  • armor and backpacks
  • permanent loot stashes
  • level system / rewards
  • limitted use of weapons, grapplehook, parachute and armor
  • overhauls / improvements:
    • inventory
    • airstrikes
    • grenades
    • safezone
    • and much more!

some screenshots from the development:

ING

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 14, 2014, 03:12:02 pm »
Update 14 September
BETA State

Im very happy to announce that the server switches into the beta state today. With this update comes real gameplay to the server!

Your level controls how much items of every inventory slot you drop when you die. You start at level 1 which means you can loose up to 4 item, on level 2 you can loose up to 8 items ans so on.

• 10 kills = 1 Level!
  • The drop is completly random, it can be the best or the worst item, you never know. The dropped items will be displayed in the bottom left corner.
  • Keep in mind that your drop is there for a full hour if nobody picks it up! So you always have a chance to get it back when you die thru an accident and nobody finds it.
  • Level 1 players have a protection that keeps at least 1 item in a slot.
  • When you got killed or kill someone, the player level is displayed in the killfeed.
  • You don't drop stuff when you suicide.

Rewards: With every level upgrade you unlock something. Its always some slight improvements that would not worth cheating. On every Levelupgrade a message appears on the screen, told you what you have unlocked. See the Datatable for the fullist

Kills and deaths of existing player profiles was resetted!

The hunger simulation is very accurate, when you standing still, driving vehicles or parachuting you loose energy very slow, when running it's going down faster, the highest use has sprinting and grappling. If water < 20% or food < 10% you loose the ability to sprint. If your food or water level is 0 you slowly start dying.

You need food and water that can found in over 100 vending machines in the district. You have to destroy the vending machine with melee, guns or explosives before it can be looted. Explosives can fully destroy the machine with the loot inside and set it on fire when they take to much damage.

Look at the Datatable to see the food values...

• Helmets gives protection against headshots and explosives, there 3 different helmets with different attributes.
  • Vests gives protection against bodyshoots, explosives and melee attacks. The kevlar vest is stronger but the military vest extends the inventory by 1 explosive and supply slot.
  • Backpacks extend you inventory, the military backpacks extends the combat related slots, the travel backpack gives you more space for survival stuff.
  • The default health of the items that you can find in loot crates is randomized between 20% and 100%.
  • With backpacks comes a new case in that you can drop stuff, happends when you dequip a backpack and have more items that you can carry anymore. It's called "Overload Drop" and is not randomized! It takes the items always from the bottom of the slot.
  • When you loose a backpack thru the randomized deathdrop you may loose more stuff thru a overload drop!
  • Look at the Datatable to see all attributes...

A Loot stash is a permanent lootbox that can save your stuff. They can placed anywere on (almost) even ground and look like the default models they are all over the city. All stashes (exept the locked one) can accessed by any players but only the owner can dismount and rearrange them. Stashes can be destroyed with explosives.

By default you can own 5 stashes, it can be extended up to 10 with the reward system. Press F8 to open the Stashmanager.

• Cardbox stashes: Saves 8 items and can easily destroyed with any kind of explosives, but they are stackable up to 3. Cardbox stashes have 3 different appearances.
  • Barrel stash: Saves 10 items and can only destroyed with a claymore or c4 directly placed on them.
  • Garbage stash: Saves 12 items and can only destroyed with 2 claymores or 1 c4 on it.
  • Locked stash: Saves 12 items and can only accessed by the owner and his friends. Can destroyed with 4 claymores or 2 c4 on it.

Weapons, Grapplehook, Parachute and Armor have limitted use from now on. The health is displayed in the inventory with a healthbar in the item.

• Weapon health is going down with every bullet that you fire. All weapons have different properties, automatic guns can fires a lot more bullets than a sniper or rocketlauncher!
  • Grapplehook and Parachute health is going down every millisecond you use them.
  • Armor health is going down every time when you take damage.
  • Look at the Datatable to see the lifetime attributes.

• Inventory: Some major changes and improvements are made to the inventory...
    • Items are coloured
    • A new survival slot that contains, healthpacks, food, armor and backpacks
    • There is a new hud element displaying health, food, water and armor states
    • Slotsizes are reduced but can extend with backpacks, vests and rewards*
    • Equipped Items are highlighted and will be saved when you log out, you enter the game exactly as you leave it!
    • Items can rearrange with the little arrows on the right, right click an arrow to move the item to the top / bottom
    • You can switch thru a item stack by holding down CTRL while left click a item
    • Timers are directly shown in the inventory item
  • Airstrikes takes much longer now and you hear a siren at the position seconds before the impact. With grapple/parachute you have a good chance to escape when reacting fast! It also shows a countdown directly in the world for the player who has order it.
  • Grenades can timed now by holding V, a timer appears at the bottom and you can here it tickin. If you dont release it, the grenade explode in your hand and kills you. Grenades also make a noise now when the bounce against a wall. There wasn't a proper noise, so it sounds more like a bullet hitting metal.
  • The Safezone is surrounded by a sphere of redlights now, it not looks so cool as it could because it's getting to glitchy when i use to much of these things. There is also a wall surrounding the safezone to block vehicles, the redlights have collision to block helicopters.
  • New Flare item! can be use to highlight an area or produce a creepy atmo in the night ;)
  • The Airport has Loot now!
  • Minor changes / Additions:
    • The EMP didn't fire on sucide anymore
    • You do a short crouch animation when placing a mine (looks like you poop mines^^)
    • Fixed a lot of bugs and exploits with the loot / inventory systems
    • Fixed a bug that makes nametags invisible in the safezone
    • Fixed a bug that makes it possible to kill already dead players again
    • Small Healthpack renamed do "Bandages"
*If you already have more items in the inventory you keep that stuff but you cant pick up anything until you get rid of it. You may also drop it when start handling with a backpacks / vests.

I planned to create apartments in the building that you can unlock and build stuff in it, for another big update. That is sadly skipped for the first because the game can't handle so many objects in the city. But i have lot more of ideas they i maybe add, future updates are smaller but should come more often from now on.

Things i have on my todo list:

• More Secrets!
  • Airdrops
  • Security cameras
  • Custom rockets
  • EMP explosives (disable vehicles)
  • Loot / stash traps
  • Player controlled drones
  • AI controlled drones in the city
« Last Edit: September 14, 2014, 10:19:09 pm by ING »

123samson456

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 14, 2014, 08:33:01 pm »
wow... just wow. I joined the server a few minutes ago and i just got blown away. the features are awesome (i didnt get how to put things in a stash though  :) )

ING

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 14, 2014, 10:25:09 pm »
Ok, i was struggling hard with a bug in the stash system the last 2 hours which makes it impossible to place them but i think (hope) i got it now ::)

wow... just wow. I joined the server a few minutes ago and i just got blown away. the features are awesome (i didnt get how to put things in a stash though  :) )

Simply point at the stash (when you see the green dot), then press G and drop stuff as usual. Instead of creating a playerloot you drop that stuff into the stash.

harisalipk

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 15, 2014, 07:06:16 pm »
This game-mode is amazing, and with this latest update even more so. You have great ideas and even better implementation. Congratulations on the beta status, hopefully more people will try it out now.

Ok, i was struggling hard with a bug in the stash system the last 2 hours which makes it impossible to place them but i think (hope) i got it now ::)

Simply point at the stash (when you see the green dot), then press G and drop stuff as usual. Instead of creating a playerloot you drop that stuff into the stash.

Can confirm its working correctly now! I spent so much time to find the perfect places to hide my stashes haha.

I'd also like to point out some minor bugs I found while playing:

• The flare count is not working correctly. I am able to stack them, but when I use them, the count doesn't go down. I have unlimited flares.

• When the parachute and grapple hook health goes down to zero, it doesn't remove them from my inventory. For example, I have two grapple hooks shown as grapplehook(2) with its health bar in my inventory. When the health bar goes down to zero, it should say grapplehook(1) with health bar restored to the second grapple hook health. That's how I understand it works, correct me if I'm wrong :)

I enjoyed having unlimited use for these, but now you know :P