Currently the developers are putting their own money into JC2-MP to keep the servers online.

Please take a few seconds of your time and disable your AdBlock plugin for our website.

Ad revenue is not going to developers, it is used purely for covering our hosting costs.

You are also free to donate, which removes all ads from our website!

Patch 0.3 was just released! Full changelog here: https://t.co/4A50m6IKen

3 years ago

Advertisement
May 25, 2020, 12:01:42 pm

Author Topic: Survival District - Testserver  (Read 311221 times)

harisalipk

• Donator
    • View Profile
Re: Survival District - Testserver
« Reply #135 on: November 18, 2014, 04:41:56 pm »
Hi there. I'd like to report a new glitch.

I approached a forest earlier and my game crashed. everytime I joined the game since my game would crash within 2 seconds of the world loading fully. someone told me to disable community overlay and disable decals and even play in windowed mode, all 3 did not work and I am continuing to crash.

this does not happen on any other server. suggestions?

It's not a new glitch, a lot of people are having this problem if you read the previous posts in the thread. Here's your answers from the previous posts from ING:

its the last major problem that left in the server, i called the "Vehicle Crashgate", makes the game crash to anyone who is in the streaming distance of a broken vehicle, pretty sure that bug exist since the mod exists and is the most common reason for a game crash. it's not so heavy on the freeroam servers because you spawn at a different position after login and the vehicles removed after a few seconds unoccupied, but on my server it's a worst case, you respawn at the same position where you left and vehicles respawn after 3 days...

so this bug makes the server unplayable to anyone they come to close to this vehicle, nothing i can do except reloading the vehicles, but it's very hard for me to notice that problem (depending on the position of the broken vehicle). should fixed now...

first i want to say sry to everyone who was trapped in a vehicle crashgate (game crashes everytime a few seconds after joining) during the last week, that problem nearly kills the server with so many players nearby. i decide todo some big changes in the vehicle script to workaround that problem because it can't stay like that, its last problem what keeps me away from calling that server stable...

Now looking at what's actually causing the crash, the best way is to try to grapple away as far away as you can (streaming distance) from your current position as soon as you join. I know for some people it's not possible because they crash immediately after joining. It may take a lot of tries, but for me it's better than waiting 3 days for vehicles to despawn ;D

MeTeC

• View Profile
« Reply #136 on: November 18, 2014, 04:48:00 pm »
Kamaitachi try to get out of this area bugged with the grapplehook when you connect, I have already had this problem and I was managed to get out with grapple the ground quickly as far as I could.

At the sixth tries my game doesn't crashed anymore.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2014, 04:51:31 pm by MeTeC »

Gambetto

• View Profile
« Reply #137 on: November 18, 2014, 04:58:27 pm »
I tried to leave a crash area with several hook shots, but it doesn't help. Won't it work?

For me.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2014, 05:00:40 pm by Gambetto »

Kamaitachi

• View Profile
« Reply #138 on: November 18, 2014, 05:23:37 pm »
Hi there. I'd like to report a new glitch.

I approached a forest earlier and my game crashed. everytime I joined the game since my game would crash within 2 seconds of the world loading fully. someone told me to disable community overlay and disable decals and even play in windowed mode, all 3 did not work and I am continuing to crash.

this does not happen on any other server. suggestions?

It's not a new glitch, a lot of people are having this problem if you read the previous posts in the thread. Here's your answers from the previous posts from ING:

its the last major problem that left in the server, i called the "Vehicle Crashgate", makes the game crash to anyone who is in the streaming distance of a broken vehicle, pretty sure that bug exist since the mod exists and is the most common reason for a game crash. it's not so heavy on the freeroam servers because you spawn at a different position after login and the vehicles removed after a few seconds unoccupied, but on my server it's a worst case, you respawn at the same position where you left and vehicles respawn after 3 days...

so this bug makes the server unplayable to anyone they come to close to this vehicle, nothing i can do except reloading the vehicles, but it's very hard for me to notice that problem (depending on the position of the broken vehicle). should fixed now...

first i want to say sry to everyone who was trapped in a vehicle crashgate (game crashes everytime a few seconds after joining) during the last week, that problem nearly kills the server with so many players nearby. i decide todo some big changes in the vehicle script to workaround that problem because it can't stay like that, its last problem what keeps me away from calling that server stable...

Now looking at what's actually causing the crash, the best way is to try to grapple away as far away as you can (streaming distance) from your current position as soon as you join. I know for some people it's not possible because they crash immediately after joining. It may take a lot of tries, but for me it's better than waiting 3 days for vehicles to despawn ;D

I've tried this a couple of times but by the time my grappling hook hits somewhere the game crashes, bad times ):

maybe we should have a /debug command or something that teleports us to the safezone and has a cooldown period of a day so it can't be abused?

Eggmasstree

• View Profile
« Reply #139 on: November 18, 2014, 07:02:45 pm »
Hi IGN, I'm the one who recorded the footage of the C4 thingy, I'm a friend of Metec too.

I actually made him buy the game mostly because of this mod. We know each other IRL and we actually love this mod only because it looks like an old game we used to play together (A 2D survival full pvp city)

As far as I know he never hacked any game. So again it proves nothing, it's all your choice to put him in game or not but ...
Cmon man, we just want you to deban him. Metec said himself "If I ever get debanned I would be scared to kill anyone because of ING". He would stop killing reals newbie he crosses.
About these multi kills, I've met solo some poeple grouping together at the exact same place. With a bit of luck (I mean if they don't move) you can line them up and spam shooting button and kill them really easily. Plus, have you ever seen a pro montage on cs go ? He can full-kill an entire team with half of a magazine even if you think it's not fair, it's in the game.

But... MeTeC is actually not really a fair player, he's generally good at FPS or TPS (call of duty or CS) and he killed a lot of newbie but that's actually your fault.
You can't ban someone because he use your system in a way you didn't planned. If 85% of his kills are newbie it's only because their is no real "Late-game" location for good players, or well stuffed players (Full military + mg). If there was a special location for this kind of players, you would not have to worry anymore about good players like him because he prefers challenge to easiness.

You want to make it more fair for newbie ?
Here's an idea : Put a damage reduction for every 2 level of difference.
Like : if you're level 5 you'll have a 5% (or 10% ?) reduction damage on level 1
Only from level 1 to 19. (After level 20 you should not need help anymore against very high level players)

Lvl    %
Diff.  dmg
2      5
4      10
6      15
8      20
10    25
12    30
14    35
16    40
18    45

Actually I don't really like this idea (Hardcore gamer POV)
Anyway ... All that to say : You have to do something and unban MeTeC because that's just unfair

Shifted

• View Profile
« Reply #140 on: November 18, 2014, 07:15:41 pm »
This server is amazing.

I found it yesterday and spent like 6 hours looting and killing with a friend, eventually finding a NUKE and dropping it near the starting area.

Hoping for randomized spawns and loot spread out across the whole island eventually. Great stuff

Glottis

• View Profile
« Reply #141 on: November 19, 2014, 01:34:18 am »
Ran into the "Vehicle Crashgate" bug.  Managed to grapple my way out. Took a number of times though.

OutlawStar

• View Profile
« Reply #142 on: November 19, 2014, 04:09:22 am »
How do we get this server back on the top of the list?

ING

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: November 19, 2014, 09:00:28 am »
i was investigate metec's history on the server a bit more and for me its now 100% proven that he's not playing fair!

he never got killed by another player! all his death reasons was physics, suicides and explosions (when you die in a exploding vehicle / gasstation etc).

plus the 4 facts :
  • he killed 200 players with the handgun last week
  • lots of more trustful players reported that they got killed with a single handgun shot by him
  • i saw him doing it several times
  • everytime when he was blamed his only answer was "im a pgm", and cheater loves to call themself a progamer, not real progamer

can't really tell if cheating or lagging, however he is not allowed to play on this server anymore, because it's not proskill, its godlike.

i reload the vehicles, so for everyone who the game crashed, it should be fixed now.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2014, 11:36:09 am by ING »

MeTeC

• View Profile
« Reply #144 on: November 19, 2014, 01:13:03 pm »
ING are you posseded by a demon or something like that ? This is impressive.

3 friends of me tell to you it's just a misunderstanding and you keep your wrong position ?
I never saw that before, wow !

Always killed by explosions ? Nice joke again. My friend eggmastree have already killed me 2 times at least and some other player too.

so your 4 facts :
200 kills with the handgun : yes I had found 999 bullets of handgun in a dead player stash like I said.
player reported me : haha, nice joke, I have never seen anyone in the server or in this forum complaint about that. Just the fact they spend some rockets, bullets on their opponent's and they don't died with the lag
you saw me : you saw me what ? oneshot ? this is just ridiculous, have you read the arguments of my friends or you totally don't care of the community ? You have just spectate me one time, and you see me by the lag of the spectator mod oneshot 2 guys, go check other player with your spectator and do not say me that they don't oneshot.
everytime I was blamed I answered I'm a pgm ?! : So that was how you interpreted it of the whole conversation ? WOW, I have only answered I'm a pgm ... ok, you definitly not reading what we said.

You are just thick headed and immature. You take people like they're  idiots.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2014, 01:40:18 pm by MeTeC »

Fraolinch

• View Profile
« Reply #145 on: November 19, 2014, 01:39:47 pm »
can't really tell if cheating or lagging, however he is not allowed to play on this server anymore, because it's not proskill, its godlike.

So basically you're blatantly saying you're banning MeTeC just because he's a skilled player and that displeases you.

Honestly haven't witnessed such a kind of immature behavior in a while.

I'll let you in on a little something.
He answers: "I'm a pgm" to people that rage at him after he kills them. Why do you think he does that? To boast and boost his self-esteem? Please. He's not that childish. Rather, it's the people that go "BOO HE KILL ME IM SAD U CHEAT" that are, and so instead of going in a pointless argument about how he's not a cheater and yadayada, he just throws in a little harmless taunt to cut it short.
Now you seem especially distraught by his use of the word "pgm". Here's the little secret:
In the French gaming community, we often use the word "pgm" as a joke. Did I just get a lucky pentakill on League? "I'm such a PGM lol". Did I headshot a guy miles away from me with a pistol? "PGM." Did I just manage some sick, but lucky combo moves and won 1v4 on Magicka? "I'm a PGM, that's why!" We don't say it to make us look good. It's a means of self-derision to point out how we did something crazy good out of luck, that we otherwise wouldn't have managed with skill alone. As another perk to this use, we can also use it when people call us cheaters or luckers to ridicule their childish behavior. That's what MeTeC does when people rage at him.

Here's some life advice for you: always give people the benefit of the doubt. Never label them with the blackest of labels you can think of unless you have ACTUAL PROOF of what you're assessing. Just because a guy was on the scene of the crime doesn't mean he's the murder. Just because some introvert guy likes to play with fire doesn't mean he's that mad pyromaniac that burnt that building to the ground.

I don't really know what else to say to you man. If you're really just banning people out of pure suspicions, speculations, and even worse, your personal feelings, I can't really do anything for you and I'm not foreseeing a successful future for your server.

Hoping you'll try and be open-minded,

Fraolinch, a guy who still wants to believe in humanity.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2014, 01:45:45 pm by Fraolinch »

Eggmasstree

• View Profile
« Reply #146 on: November 19, 2014, 01:58:15 pm »
Ok, let's say you do not unban him

I want all logs that make you say that.
All the evidence you told us.
Without any modification

Glottis

• View Profile
« Reply #147 on: November 19, 2014, 02:23:56 pm »
Why is this ban/unban discussion going on in this forum?  It would be more appropriate to communicate by private messages.  Although I must admit it has been interesting to read   :).

OutlawStar

• View Profile
« Reply #148 on: November 19, 2014, 04:06:38 pm »
True that, though I must say I feel his 3 friends likely have more than a few IP numbers in common.

MeTeC

• View Profile
« Reply #149 on: November 19, 2014, 04:34:21 pm »
What are you trying to insinuate OutlawStar ?! That these 3 friends are not real and it's only me ? Omg 1 posseded I can accept but two no please.

Do you think If I was a hacker I would lost my times with these account for just a ban on a server ?

Before say anything and everything just check the ID STEAM of MY REAL FRIENDS OK ?
Go check there profiles on the forum, they have an ID STEAM.

Eggmasstree : STEAM_0:0:20148813
Fraolinch : STEAM_0:1:30059812
Excaliburxxx : STEAM_0:1:23192754

And now go check with this website : http://steamidfinder.com/
and copy paste these ID

Eggmasstree : http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198000563354
Fraolinch : http://steamcommunity.com/id/fraolinch/
Excaliburxxx : http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198006651237

These 3 profils are completely different with different games and friends etc .. etc ..

SO NOW IT'S SUITS YOU ?

OH NO I'M STUPID ! Maybe with my magic fingers and my oneshot  hack (that nobody before ING have ever seen) I'm capable to create fake steam and maybe I'm so rich !

And I have a voice changer for the youtube video of course ! : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lXPnXDqdwGo#

Omg what's going wrong with this forum or community I don't know
« Last Edit: November 19, 2014, 04:59:48 pm by MeTeC »