Currently the developers are putting their own money into JC2-MP to keep the servers online.

Please take a few seconds of your time and disable your AdBlock plugin for our website.

Ad revenue is not going to developers, it is used purely for covering our hosting costs.

You are also free to donate, which removes all ads from our website!

Patch 0.3 was just released! Full changelog here: https://t.co/4A50m6IKen

3 years ago

Advertisement
May 26, 2020, 07:44:44 pm

Author Topic: Survival District - Testserver  (Read 311888 times)

Starsky

• View Profile
Re: Survival District - Testserver
« Reply #195 on: December 08, 2014, 11:10:15 pm »
good idea for battery ... it s to strange now : /

the binoculars is wonderful for silent and tactical approach :D

please i think we should have the rockets in the air, or everybody just jump and strike.. in the game its a pressure too, look the sky where is the menace ;)

the best can be too buils own base with a kind of secret code **** or a telecomand ...building underwater bases and have submarine, have a "torch fusion" to build in the rocks ^^

dastrash

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: December 09, 2014, 06:32:52 pm »
Oh man, I don't like complaining but this "noob protection" is getting out of control... I got killed twice in less than 5 minutes because of 'Noob protection'...

If you don't want noobs to be killed at least give me a way of knowing which player is a noob ING, because that last guy I killed used a ninja outfit, grapple, sniper rifle and vest on. Both players almost killed me in each confrontation, so it's not like it was unfair for any of them.

Put an indicator of some sort because playing russian roulette with users is not fun.

Zephyrr

• View Profile
« Reply #197 on: December 10, 2014, 01:07:28 am »
So I was playing some survival today and noticed some things that annoyed me greatly. I've read previous posts that seem very similar to what I'm about to point out to you, so consider this more incentive to fix these nuisances.

I'll get straight to the point; in the latest update you made some momentous changes to the server's combat system and added a new item. These changes include totally hindering the rocket launcher's firing ability when in parachute mode and the addition of the "noob protection" script. This script works by killing/hurting any player who kills a low level player.

So yea... the new and "improved" combat system. ING, I understand your ideology for implementing this strict control, but it makes no sense. You come across the notion, "I must protect the noobs in my server to keep them from being discouraged and leaving." While I admit this is a noble thing to do, the way you enforced this concept was a nightmare. Imagine, for instance, that a "noob" decides he/she likes your little game-mode, and decides to keep playing. Before long, they find weapons and ammo, and succumb to the natural tendency of JC2 players to kill and cause chaos. With the noob protection system, this noob cannot kill other noobs in the server to level up, since that's illegal. So you are forcing new players to level up by killing higher level players, which is impractical. Most high levels have an arsenal of lethal equipment and experience to which noobs stand no chance. If the purpose of the "noob protection" system was to empower the new players, it's done the exact opposite. You've furthered the gap between "noobs" and regulars. On the topic of contradictions, may I point out your server is named Survival District. These increasing limitations on game-play contradict the very essence of the word survival, which is to survive given the presence of the world. I dunno, maybe rename your server to Controlled Survival District or something. Also, allow me to point out how leveling up works. In your server, a player levels up by killing other players, and is offered incentives for doing so like more stashes and higher capacity inventory slots. At the same time, you punish players for killing certain other players who are deemed "noobs", whom cannot be differentiated from high level players at all. The common variable in both these situations is killing. It makes no sense to punish and reward at the same time. I've heard you also make high level players drop up to 30 items when killing any player. Bro, were you drunk when you made this? ??? You might as well completely ban combat of any sort and make a Role-Playing server where we can all safely drive around Panau picking flowers and admiring the rainbows.

Also relating to the combat system, you got rid of the ability to use the rocket launcher from the parachute. The mentioned tactic is very effective against all levels of players, especially noobs, which is why I'm under the impression you decided to stop it. In your obsession with noob protection, you consequently hindered the combat between high level <-> high level, changing the whole basis of the combat system. I'd also like to note how the rocket launcher is one of the few weapons which can injure all "types" of players consistently. As many would agree, certain players, due to unknown issues possibly related to an individual's connection to the server, have an incredible resistance to weapon damage AND vice-versa. For example, there are MANY players who I simply cannot kill without explosive weapons. I can empty full clips in players standing still and they do not die. On the other hand, almost all players in the server can kill me with 5-9 SMG rounds. A single hand-gun bullet takes around 30% of my health btw...  I've stayed quiet about this up until now, but by effectively taking the launcher from me, I must bring up this problem. In my consultation with other JC2MP developers, I've learned that issues like this usually cannot be tended to since the very dynamics of the JC2MP game do not offer a very solid combat experience. Therefore, PLEASE reconsider nerfing the rocket launcher and seek another way to protect the noobs.

Upon pressing the F5 key, I realized you have an on-going struggle with English language, thus, I have included a link to google translate for your convenience. https://translate.google.com/  ;)

« Last Edit: December 10, 2014, 01:39:55 am by Zephyrr »

ING

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: December 10, 2014, 03:56:29 pm »
the noob protection only hits you when you kill a level 1 player with the rocket or grenadelauncher while yourself atleast at level 2 or higher.

the whole changes has only made to disarm the player rader + parachute + rocketlauncher combination, its overpowered and simply unfair for new players they fixed on the ground.

disabling rl/gl damage for level 1 players isnt really a option with all that cheating behind because it could only made clientside and would very easy to hack for cheaters. indicating them is maybe a option, i could add it for the ping or player radar. until then you can use a ping to check the players via playerlist to find good targets and not just simply kill everything that moves.

other changes from last sundays update:

• New vehicle script: to fix the "crashgate" problems, owned vehicles despawn 2 minutes after the owner disconnects, but you can spawn them back in everytime with the vehiclemanager (F7). vehicles dont despawn when you reconnect in 2 minutes or it has passengers. vehicles have no time limit anymore. and currently still buggy...
  • Binoculars: allows you the spectate other players from very far away, they also work as a direction microphone that shows you the chatbubbles of spectated players. after equipped, press b to turn them on and off. left and right mouse to zoom in and out. use the mousewheel to change the zoomvelocity, click the mousewheel to reset the zoom. binoculars maybe needs batteries in the future, currently they are unlimited.
  • Battery life: you can turn the player radar and mine detector on and off everytime now, batteries slowly drain while using them. switching the player radar on cost 15% of a battery, then 15% every minute. the mine detector needs 5% to switch on and also takes 5% every minute. batteries spawn more often now always have a health between 70 and 100%.
  • Deathdrop changes: on level 50 you start loosing more items per slot, level 50+: 5 items, level 60+: 6 items and so on. max dropcount is 10. i will also add new rewards for these levels with one of the next updates.

minor things:
  • chatbubbles work better now when typing quick messages
  • the chat-log tab now saves all important messages
  • all vending machines at gasstation work everywhere in panau
  • when you are in a toxic cloud a alert image appears on the screen
  • vehicle infodots are better aligned for planes

NaotaChannel

• View Profile
« Reply #199 on: December 10, 2014, 07:23:16 pm »
What's overpowered is me now having to land on the ground to shoot a level 1 player that can kill me with 2 shots from his handgun, stealing everything in less than a second, what it took me 4 days to get.

Meanwhile I shoot him with 99 machine gun rounds and he takes practically no damage.

We basically now have  invincible level 1 players. They can kill us but we cant kill them.

Not cool.

Starsky

• View Profile
« Reply #200 on: December 13, 2014, 12:14:41 pm »
Noob Protection ... is too much
and for the snip the problem steal the same sometimes 5 hs at 10meters and nothing .. strange

i wait for base or apartment building mod, a submarine, space capsule or ufo and a key code for my secret igloo good day guys  8)

NB: the Evac such abug i m always stuck in time after lift off  ... that stuff not working well i sell it lol
« Last Edit: December 13, 2014, 12:40:03 pm by Starsky »

VPcalmegard

• View Profile
« Reply #201 on: December 15, 2014, 02:57:40 pm »
:^)
« Last Edit: December 19, 2014, 04:23:19 am by VPcalmegard »

ghostyTrickster

• View Profile
« Reply #202 on: December 15, 2014, 03:19:52 pm »
I'm not sure if this is where I should post this but I have nowhere else to turn to.

I was recently banned by an admin named haris. For the reason of hacking. I wasn't even aware Just cause 2 MP Had hacks. He sends me a message stating "Nice hacks bro" Which I reply " The ****? What are you talking about?" And then he proceeds to tell me "I can tell, now turn them off or I'm banning you." How can he go around and accuse me of hacking? I go to the main channel, and speak with the other users "Hey guys, how do you tell if someone is an admin? Someone named haris is messaging me telling me I'm hacking and if I don't turn my hacks off. I'll get banned" Every other user said that Haris isn't an administrator, since I would get a warning in large red letters. Which haris then replied "I told you to turn them off. Enjoy your ban." And then I was banned from the server, I suppose this is an unban request. I'm a little shaken up since this was only my second day on this server, and I really do enjoy playing on it. Help?

Starsky

• View Profile
« Reply #203 on: December 15, 2014, 04:00:48 pm »
Hi guys ... can we build appartment in the middle of nowhere with kind of jman100 server, like a short  menu ? i hope one day this day will come

round 2 for rocket launcher : we can't strike anymore helicpoter in the sky, when you try to escape from a team.

i saw that my car paloma after check up in the station the right Wheel was damage like before reparation...

can be funky too put fire lands, or make a fire for heat or do something .. install a camp or tent :)

i can help you to put loots if you need .. or build a little submarine ^^

harisalipk

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: December 15, 2014, 05:11:59 pm »
I'm not sure if this is where I should post this but I have nowhere else to turn to.

I was recently banned by an admin named haris. For the reason of hacking. I wasn't even aware Just cause 2 MP Had hacks. He sends me a message stating "Nice hacks bro" Which I reply " The ****? What are you talking about?" And then he proceeds to tell me "I can tell, now turn them off or I'm banning you." How can he go around and accuse me of hacking? I go to the main channel, and speak with the other users "Hey guys, how do you tell if someone is an admin? Someone named haris is messaging me telling me I'm hacking and if I don't turn my hacks off. I'll get banned" Every other user said that Haris isn't an administrator, since I would get a warning in large red letters. Which haris then replied "I told you to turn them off. Enjoy your ban." And then I was banned from the server, I suppose this is an unban request. I'm a little shaken up since this was only my second day on this server, and I really do enjoy playing on it. Help?

I never used the word hack, hacks or hacking. Also, those are not my exact words that you put in quotes. Anyway, If you are caught cheating (ammo in your case) you are banned instantly, but I was nice enough to warn you through pm to stop cheating, considering you were fairly new to the server, to which you did not comply.

Anyway, this is not the place to discuss this topic. PM me here to discuss this further.

ZeMantras

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: December 15, 2014, 05:53:13 pm »
hey ing i like the new updates , first of all job job with the binoculars! they're so awesome :) also lots of new loot around wich is nice aswell!i also have to say congratulations on fixing the vehicle crash gate, the most important issue of the game :) and i like how the "new" vehicle system works! with the distance indicator and the spawn button.

I personally haven't died cause of the Noob Protection thing, but i have to agree with the comments that are saying that this measure is a bit to extreme! In the other hand i understand why you choose this extreme measure, JC2 mp is right now crawling with cheaters or ppl simply exploiting bugs in the game to get more items.

I will suggest adding a weapon heating/cooldown system on overpowered weapons, like the rocket launcher... Something like shooting one rocket every 5 or 6 seconds.
Gunned helis & jets could have a similar system.

ghostyTrickster

• View Profile
« Reply #206 on: December 15, 2014, 06:22:59 pm »

I never used the word hack, hacks or hacking. Also, those are not my exact words that you put in quotes. Anyway, If you are caught cheating (ammo in your case) you are banned instantly, but I was nice enough to warn you through pm to stop cheating, considering you were fairly new to the server, to which you did not comply.

Anyway, this is not the place to discuss this topic. PM me here to discuss this further.
I did what you asked, and then you banned my other account. This isn't fair.

harisalipk

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: December 15, 2014, 08:27:14 pm »

You killing other players with your cheated ammo is what's not fair.

Today you were back on your second account, continuing to use cheats and once again I asked you to stop, which you did, and in the process admitted yourself that you were indeed cheating. I asked you and your friend to drop all cheated ammo which only you did, but after a while, you turned your cheats back on. Also, you told me one of the dumbest excuse of cheating I've ever heard.

Please, stop littering this topic with your BS.

Here is the updated loot map. Please note that this map does not include all the places that contain loot. There are several places not marked on this map that are either too small or contain too little loot to be included.

Huge thanks to ZeMantras and PanzerSchreck for placing thousands of lootboxes across Panau!

« Last Edit: December 15, 2014, 08:33:19 pm by harisalipk »

NaotaChannel

• View Profile
« Reply #208 on: December 16, 2014, 12:22:11 am »
Well, sorry to say, but I guess I'm done here.

Level 1 guys in attack helis with infinite ammo isn't overpowered , but rkt launcher/ parachute is?

Also, in the last 3 days I've come close to dying 5 times because low level guys won't die from  machine gun,  sniper,  smg, or shotgun, but they can take 90% of my life with two shots from a handgun or a shotgun.
When I super jump to fire down with rkt launcher, I remember . . . rkt launcher doesn't work anymore.

All I can do now is run from evey lvl 1 player on the server . .  which is now about 90% of the population.

I had fun for a while, so thanks for that.

ghostyTrickster

• View Profile
« Reply #209 on: December 16, 2014, 02:35:35 am »

You killing other players with your cheated ammo is what's not fair.

Today you were back on your second account, continuing to use cheats and once again I asked you to stop, which you did, and in the process admitted yourself that you were indeed cheating. I asked you and your friend to drop all cheated ammo which only you did, but after a while, you turned your cheats back on. Also, you told me one of the dumbest excuse of cheating I've ever heard.

Please, stop littering this topic with your BS.

Here is the updated loot map. Please note that this map does not include all the places that contain loot. There are several places not marked on this map that are either too small or contain too little loot to be included.

Huge thanks to ZeMantras and PanzerSchreck for placing thousands of lootboxes across Panau!

And what proof do you have that I was even doing this? I was with someone the entire time. And he never said I was using cheated ammo. Yes, I turned it off when you asked, no I never turned it back on. You accusing me of this is bullshit. I'm simply asking for an unban appeal on my main account, You don't respond to my PMs.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2014, 02:39:19 am by ghostyTrickster »