Currently the developers are putting their own money into JC2-MP to keep the servers online.

Please take a few seconds of your time and disable your AdBlock plugin for our website.

Ad revenue is not going to developers, it is used purely for covering our hosting costs.

You are also free to donate, which removes all ads from our website!

Patch 0.3 was just released! Full changelog here: https://t.co/4A50m6IKen

3 years ago

Advertisement
May 25, 2020, 01:14:16 pm

Author Topic: Survival District - Testserver  (Read 311260 times)

Omega-BLK

• View Profile
Re: Survival District - Testserver
« Reply #255 on: January 10, 2015, 03:31:48 am »
Thanks for the speedy reply haris, you are an awesome mod/admin.

On the rocket and para, true, they need protection and it has gotten better. Just that at the moment the kill counts being unavailable puts us at a disadvantage. Admitedly, i am one of those players that kill anything that moves at anytime. Not that i intentionally prey on noobs either, they just happen to make up a majority of the population. I would rather kill a level 5 and up player over level 1 anyday.

On the playerlist thing, i truely hope it is temporary as I have already made a decision i regret which lead to my death today, i got schooled by a level 1 guy with a minigun. Not that the kill counts would have helped in this case but i learned a valuable lesson, dont mess with miniguns.

I lost 20 items when i died. I fully understand the rewards are on their way, but for the time being maybe we could put the 20+ item death drop thing on ice till the rewards arrive? Pretty please? ;D

As a reward suggestion i would definately love to be able to stack peaches to 8 like water. Or batteries to 20. That would be a sweet reward. Or perhaps a military backpack upgrade to allow for 5 extra slots in the survival column.

After i died today by some miracle of jesus i spawned where i died, that somehow killed the level 1 guy who killed me, looked like a c4 explosion, dont know if that was a bug or not. I lost my connection and when i logged back in i was at my bed.

I used an evac to get back to that place to retrieve my loot and a guy called Ryan was there, level 4 according to my friend triso. Now im not one to bitch about fights but something fishy went down here. I jumped off my evac at high altitude and came down like lightning, using the high altitude and a player radar, i spammed 3 nukes that trapped him in the middle. The 3rd nuke hit him square, he survived somehow. I shot 3 rockets from para on this guy, 3rd knocked him down, i landed and fired two more and hit him square bullseye in the balls with both, he got up fast as hell and ran toward me, i fired the next two at his feet leading him, he took zero damage from all 7 rockets. Then i turned to c4, i placed one near his feet and detonated as i grappled away, he survived and i took 50% damage. I immediately went back and put another c4 near him, i took 20% damage and he survived again, i did not give him a chance to use meds and used a 3rd c4 on his feet and this killed him but the kill was not logged. This damaged me another 25%. Given the amount of explosives used on this guy he should have died a long time ago but he was in some kind of god mode. Is this hit detection failing me or him simply cheating? I nuked this guy and i am 1million% sure i hit him.

Warren123

• View Profile
« Reply #256 on: January 10, 2015, 05:00:15 am »
I agree with what Haris was saying. The amount of items high level players drop is a "GOOD THING" not a bad thing. High level players have HUGE amounts of items in stashes etc to be able to keep up with these types of death drops.. which gives noobs a better chance at scoring a decent drop. Also to Omega, the reason why rocket kills don't count sometimes is because it is a penalty for killing a noob with a rocket. I believe noob protection should stay in the game as is, but just have a system that labels the noobs for the higher levels beforehand. Noob protection is a great update because it will protect the newcomers into our server, and has forced me (and i kill a lot) to stop killing noobs, people should stop complaining. Thanks ING for all the great updates, hope you bring some more build items in shortly!
« Last Edit: January 10, 2015, 05:04:48 am by Warren123 »

Omega-BLK

• View Profile
« Reply #257 on: January 10, 2015, 09:47:19 am »
I see, i guess i have to save rockets for the rambos i come across. I dont really have gripes with the noob protection, i would just like noobs labeled for me to avoid. Beyond that the system works.

Also yesterday i died cz a mine was on my bed. I know my bed was just lying in the open so its probably my fault. But maybe some kinda death protection for a few seconds after spawning?

Lord_Farquaad

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: January 10, 2015, 08:28:24 pm »
I finally traded some stuff to stock up on lockpicks today.  Selling the rocket grapple was well worth 20 lp.

keenguitar

• View Profile
« Reply #259 on: January 11, 2015, 10:08:13 am »
I finally traded some stuff to stock up on lockpicks today.  Selling the rocket grapple was well worth 20 lp.
If we're on the subject of trading, I strongly suggest a new trading system to be implemented, a safer one, like Steam's trading system. I've had people interrupt trades and steal, I've stolen from a trade (and later returned the items) and I think if there's time and will, this safe trading system should be made.

frankincenseb

• View Profile
« Reply #260 on: January 11, 2015, 06:03:32 pm »
I see, i guess i have to save rockets for the rambos i come across. I dont really have gripes with the noob protection, i would just like noobs labeled for me to avoid. Beyond that the system works.

Also yesterday i died cz a mine was on my bed. I know my bed was just lying in the open so its probably my fault. But maybe some kinda death protection for a few seconds after spawning?

On the contrary, no death protection after spawning is a better idea, since it allows players to punish people who disconnect during a fight by placing mines on the place where they disappeared.

Starsky

• View Profile
« Reply #261 on: January 12, 2015, 01:27:11 am »
thanks omega for cooperation it was good to play with you xD

this game is amazing but i have as usual ideas today its for observation operation
i think the snipe vision distance is good but not so clear and at this distance who can shoot cause sometimes i put 5hs from 2meters and nothing... but the real accuracy its for binocular today i think that the snipe distance is mor important and bino can be great for stealth operation more distance than the radar can be great and not dangerous or a new loot to extend the bino lengh ... who have the same ...hmm sensation?

have a good day looters ;)

PierceDaFierce

• View Profile
« Reply #262 on: January 12, 2015, 02:35:37 am »
How would I obtain the scripts that ING uses for this server? I want to make something similar for me and my friends to play.

Omega-BLK

• View Profile
« Reply #263 on: January 12, 2015, 10:00:49 am »

On the contrary, no death protection after spawning is a better idea, since it allows players to punish people who disconnect during a fight by placing mines on the place where they disappeared.

You misunderstood me and thats my fault for not being clear. When spawning on your bed after suicide or death. Then that death protection should apply. But after logging in from disconnecting and such, it definately should not apply. I would love to see these people who disconnect get properly punished, all that wasted ammo only for them to disconnect.

thanks omega for cooperation it was good to play with you xD

this game is amazing but i have as usual ideas today its for observation operation
i think the snipe vision distance is good but not so clear and at this distance who can shoot cause sometimes i put 5hs from 2meters and nothing... but the real accuracy its for binocular today i think that the snipe distance is mor important and bino can be great for stealth operation more distance than the radar can be great and not dangerous or a new loot to extend the bino lengh ... who have the same ...hmm sensation?

have a good day looters ;)

Teaching those ANTI trolls some manners was truely fun bro, we still blowing that base though no matter how much c4 we need!

Also I second Starky's request. It would be great to find "upgrade" items that enhance yr current items. These can be very rare and remain active on the item they were applied to even after a death or normal drop. Starky also mentioned some kind of scuba diving item that lets you swim underwater longer. This I would love to see more than anything.

Flexology

• View Profile
« Reply #264 on: January 12, 2015, 12:41:37 pm »
There is a serious issue that causes the game to crash when you cross the coordinates X19556 Y5542

I have no clue, but i when i am in car and I reconnect, i tend to die there and then boom, i lose a lot of stuff.

Has happened a lot of times with me and can confirm that it has happened a couple times with my brother too

Starsky

• View Profile
« Reply #265 on: January 12, 2015, 02:54:45 pm »
yep omega it was so good, if you want to be part of Zebra connection you win your ticket  ;D

for the scuba diving.. air can be simple as the bubbles that we use for bubblegun

also last week i have a dream and thinking that high lvl have too much stuff and lockpicks... and the world is so big why we cannot have kind of little space ship with 6/8 persons onboard and really speed like 1000km/h just for transport and so 2 options:
1) really rare and 500 lockpicks
2)  or lot of items to builds them

i can make a drawing of that space ship, first i was thinking about how cool can be to have the millenium falcon  8)

but more realistic and futurist kind of space ship transport like the serie in the 80 "V" and we can use the motor of G9 in the game.

Also survival district can be better than just cause 3 omg so many good ideas at the moment.

create scenary is the best way to keep people dreams together and have great moments.

have a nice day 

ING

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: January 12, 2015, 03:55:17 pm »
Update January 12

additions:
  • lights: a new build item that can placed anywhere on your claim. they can switched on / off by pressing "E" while pointing at it. lights can be used by any player and destroyed with a single claymore. lights can be desync for players they join after it was turned on.
  • battery display: when using a electrical device, a display in the bottom right corner shows the current battery level and amount of batteries in the inventory.
  • build protection: walls and doors gives now full protection against grenades, mines, triggered explosives and airstrikes. there is a slight chance that a explosion can catch you inside thru a gap between 2 walls.
  • neutralzone: the safezone is now surrounded by a neutralzone. killing in a the neutralzone triggers the defending system. the transparency of the displayed text at the top of the screens shows how accurate the strike will be. the area is much bigger as the "invisible" neutralzone before to give new players more ways to go. mines can't placed in the neutralzone.
  • whisper & mute buttons: you can mute and whisper to players in the playerlist.
  • firstperson: you can play in firstperson by typing /fp into the chat. helps in the build mode.

changes:
  • the mouswheel rotation speed in the build mode can changed by holding down shift while using the mousewheel
  • placing triggered explosives also requires to stand still some seconds
  • noob protection only triggers when killing a player in his first hour on the server but also can triggered with the sniper when using in close range (20 meter). you still need to be level 5 or higher to trigger it.
  • player radar range has decreased to 300 meters with a fadein
  • player radar doesn't show level 1 players anymore
  • battery level upgrades has changed to 10, 25 and 50%
  • beds can't placed underwater anymore
  • kills and deaths removed from playerlist, reasons:
    • players misunderstood it as a highscore list and kill so many noobs as fast as pissible.
    • i realized that the current safezone concept can not balanced with the gameplay anymore and what i saw so far, it's already out of control.
  • fixed: broken weapons does not removed from your hands
  • fixed: vehicleguns fires when using binoculars in a armed vehicle
  • fixed: jumproll was possible while suiciding / using health or mines

i made some decisions about the future of the server, a pre release version is intended to somewhere in april or may. what i can say so far (without any guarantees)...

• players will not spawn in the safezone anymore, it will be like in other survival games, somewhere in panau. the safezone stays in the game and there will may added more to create some safe areas where players can meet, they also can select as a spawnpoint.
  • level system will be fully changed to enable more ways to level up without killing. level system will may reset, i dont know about the kills and deaths yet. until then it works as before but i add no rewards to the higher levels until then.
  • there will be ai-controlled enemies every in panau.
  • until then continuously updates will come...

Starsky

• View Profile
« Reply #267 on: January 12, 2015, 05:01:25 pm »
... its the End of a World

radar is not a radar anymore why lvl 1 don't appears on the radar they have an invisible backpack? not realistic
radar 300meters .. so short cause its was difficult when people trying to quick killing you fast they appears quickly on you, better for big team ... and ping is the new king
good way for the binocular indeed, more effective.and put things in ours base not safe anymore with this update
more realistic is to keep the old radar lengh and increase the bino
not good to be in your own base with that new radar and lvl 1 near you everywhere ... strange decision i think.
for bateries less power is not good cause when you are in war with teams you need to carrying more so less ammo or items ...

and now trading and market place in panau are changing ... maybe can be good to had a "nasdac" place on a pda to buy and sell  directly ...

new item light,what else? does she heal us ? ;)
also for teams so good to add new players and to totally equip them that i saw each day ... it's a sad day please hope you have a save about the ancient version and install on a new server like old version for counterstrike 1.6

not fixed : gun fire when installing vehicules guards and moving items in the menu
« Last Edit: January 12, 2015, 05:47:20 pm by Starsky »

frankincenseb

• View Profile
« Reply #268 on: January 12, 2015, 07:10:50 pm »
Hm, thus making it impossible to place c4 on a dude and blow them away... Shame, that was fun.

• beds can't placed underwater anymore
Awww how are we supposed to make unfindable bases now :D

• players will not spawn in the safezone anymore, it will be like in other survival games, somewhere in panau. the safezone stays in the game and there will may added more to create some safe areas where players can meet, they also can select as a spawnpoint.
Do you think you could make a spawnpoint manager, maybe under the claims manager tab, in which we could choose which bed we want to respawn to? Or would that be too broken?

Omega-BLK

• View Profile
« Reply #269 on: January 13, 2015, 02:47:10 pm »

I understand this is also a form of noob protection, aimed at preventing us from getting easy kills. I don't mind this that much but as my hit detection is pretty bad, could you please just try and tweak it a little more so weapons become more viable for killing instead?

• noob protection only triggers when killing a player in his first hour on the server but also can triggered with the sniper when using in close range (20 meter). you still need to be level 5 or higher to trigger it.

You are misunderstanding our real problem with noob protection, its not that we don't like you protecting them, it's that you are not giving us a way to clearly identify them. They make up 90% of the population, big chance who ever you are killing is level 1, then this protection kicks in and you go "how was i supposed to know?". All I am asking is for you to make it clearly visible to us who is level 1 or who is not. I get shot at every single day and I'm not sure if I should kill them quick or risk a gun fight and be killed. It is still russian roulette and that is the real problem here.

• player radar range has decreased to 300 meters with a fadein

But it still takes the same battery energy, which is totally unfair to say the least. Perhaps you could lower its energy requirement substantially as it's range has also been substantially lowered to near uselessness. Yesterday I was at the desert ap k22 spawn and I heard a chopper getting close, I looked up and saw nothing but I knew it was coming my way, my radar showed nothing untill I decided to flee since I can no longer grapple and c4 it. Turns out it was a friend who even asked why I am running. Only when i had clear visual sight of him did he even pop up on my radar, and this is a level 100+ player. It would also help if the radar would paint friends blue instead of red.

• player radar doesn't show level 1 players anymore
This is simply excessive and unnecessary, they have noob protection preventing us from killing them aimlessly and now they are practically invisible. Most high level players rely on radars to avoid being surprised and killed when they are looting or doing other things, but now you are making level 1 guys invisible to us. I also rely on a radar when I'm going to my stashes to make sure no one is close and can possibly see me. This is nuking those use cases just to protect level 1 players unnecessarily, they have enough protection as it is.

I will prove to you this is a slap in the face of the most loyal players of your server. Today I was at an unmarked loot bases with Cridosin, we were minding our own business just looting. Both of us are high level players, I kept my radar on the whole time. When we were done looting, I approached my chopper from the pilot side and noticed C4 on my chopper, I asked Cridosin if he C4ed the chopper he said no, he used a ping and said there was a guy near us, he was level 1 so was invisible to my radar. Had I not approached my chopper from that side I would probably have not seen this C4, and this guy didnt even shoot at us, he was waiting for us to both get in before he detonated and killed us both. This would have been a 36 Item pay day for this level 1 noob with a C4 and invisibility to my radar. We would have not known what hit us had I not noticed that C4.

Now the real issue is that had he killed us, he would now possess items that render him a practical level 1 rambo. He could go toe to toe with the best with the added advantage of noob protection and invisibility. Where does this now leave high level players who spend a fortune to acquire radars and batteries to protect themselves from surprise attacks and unnecessary deaths?

• battery level upgrades has changed to 10, 25 and 50%
No, just no.

kills and deaths removed from playerlist, reasons:

• players misunderstood it as a highscore list and kill so many noobs as fast as pissible.
  • i realized that the current safezone concept can not balanced with the gameplay anymore and what i saw so far, it's already out of control.

When I started this server I did not have all these protections working for me, but I loved that challenge and told myself I would SURVIVE no matter what, today I am one of the more experienced players of the server and I enjoyed that journey very much specifically because the odds were against me. I remember swimming to the desert and getting picked off for no reason, killed for no reason looking for a car, shot at when I clearly stated I am friendly. I remember Starsky nuking the crap out of me at Rajang temple, I remember staying clear of the VP clan because I thought they were a bunch of murderers, today both are my friends and the respect between each other was forged over various good and bad encounters all in the name of survival. If we cant kill each other what is there to survive? C4 can destroy a base what is the need to build for?

You have built an eco system ING, and it is truely brutal and beautiful at the same time. There are brutal mindless killers like myself and there are looter/traders like Frank. Killers need supplies and we are not really into looting much, we buy from the traders and continue our ways while they go look for more stuff to sell to us. It is a cycle that feeds itself and you are trying to prevent that. I get that it is your server and you want us to play in a specific way, but things seldom go as planned in life.

I feel you are alienating us your most loyal of players to appeal to new comers who never even comeback to play on the server. I rarely see these level 1 guys come back day after day like we do despite all the changes you are making against us. Im not asking you to let us slaughter them wholesale, but the point of the game is to survive, that includes surviving kill minded players. Those who understand the server will comeback, all this protection does nothing to keep them playing, they don't even know about it. You can clearly see this at SZ when these level 1 guys shoot each other ryt outside SZ only to be killed by SZ protection. We know about it because it affects us the most.

i made some decisions about the future of the server, a pre release version is intended to somewhere in april or may. what i can say so far (without any guarantees)...

• level system will be fully changed to enable more ways to level up without killing. level system will may reset, i dont know about the kills and deaths yet. until then it works as before but i add no rewards to the higher levels until then.
  • there will be ai-controlled enemies every in panau.
  • until then continuously updates will come...

I understand this as there will be no rewards for level 50+ indefinately until this update but we still lose 20+ items on death. As I asked before could we please put this on ice untill the rewards arrive because right now it just seems like a punishment. I could handle 4 items with a smirk, but 5 is beginning to put a dent in my stashes.