Currently the developers are putting their own money into JC2-MP to keep the servers online.

Please take a few seconds of your time and disable your AdBlock plugin for our website.

Ad revenue is not going to developers, it is used purely for covering our hosting costs.

You are also free to donate, which removes all ads from our website!

Patch 0.3 was just released! Full changelog here: https://t.co/4A50m6IKen

3 years ago

Advertisement
May 30, 2020, 05:04:33 am

Author Topic: Survival District - Testserver  (Read 313444 times)

[TK]Toastbrot

• View Profile
Re: Survival District - Testserver
« Reply #270 on: January 13, 2015, 06:47:01 pm »

I feel you are alienating us your most loyal of players to appeal to new comers who never even comeback to play on the server. I rarely see these level 1 guys come back day after day like we do despite all the changes you are making against us. Im not asking you to let us slaughter them wholesale, but the point of the game is to survive, that includes surviving kill minded players.

The reason why many noobs don`t come back to the server is exactly because of those "kill minded players". I spent enough time around the SZ to see players with over 300 kills just murdering people who don`t even have grapples and thus walk around the streets to loot. While it`s fun for the High lvl players, for someone who just logged into the server for the first time it`s just extremly confusing and frustrating and won`t really animate them to come back. It`s somewhat similar to Dayz, but the difference is that in JC 2 you overpower new players to a point where they just dont stand a chance against you at all and can`t even hide or run away. So in my Opinion noob protection around the safezone is fine and I like that this upate actually expands it.

I agree with you when it comes to making it visible if a player has noob protection or not though.

harisalipk

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: January 13, 2015, 07:10:58 pm »
  • placing triggered explosives also requires to stand still some seconds

I understand this is also a form of noob protection, aimed at preventing us from getting easy kills. I don't mind this that much but as my hit detection is pretty bad, could you please just try and tweak it a little more so weapons become more viable for killing instead?

I saw this coming a long time ago. 99% of the time I only see people use c4 to either run up behind players with no grapple (level 1s) plant a c4 on them and blow them up near the safezone or blow up someone's car for no reason. I know its a lot of fun, but I have rarely seen it done to even a slighty more experienced player. It's unfair in my opinion.

• noob protection only triggers when killing a player in his first hour on the server but also can triggered with the sniper when using in close range (20 meter). you still need to be level 5 or higher to trigger it.

You are misunderstanding our real problem with noob protection, its not that we don't like you protecting them, it's that you are not giving us a way to clearly identify them. They make up 90% of the population, big chance who ever you are killing is level 1, then this protection kicks in and you go "how was i supposed to know?". All I am asking is for you to make it clearly visible to us who is level 1 or who is not. I get shot at every single day and I'm not sure if I should kill them quick or risk a gun fight and be killed. It is still russian roulette and that is the real problem here.

• player radar doesn't show level 1 players anymore
This is simply excessive and unnecessary, they have noob protection preventing us from killing them aimlessly and now they are practically invisible. Most high level players rely on radars to avoid being surprised and killed when they are looting or doing other things, but now you are making level 1 guys invisible to us. I also rely on a radar when I'm going to my stashes to make sure no one is close and can possibly see me. This is nuking those use cases just to protect level 1 players unnecessarily, they have enough protection as it is.

I will prove to you this is a slap in the face of the most loyal players of your server. Today I was at an unmarked loot bases with Cridosin, we were minding our own business just looting. Both of us are high level players, I kept my radar on the whole time. When we were done looting, I approached my chopper from the pilot side and noticed C4 on my chopper, I asked Cridosin if he C4ed the chopper he said no, he used a ping and said there was a guy near us, he was level 1 so was invisible to my radar. Had I not approached my chopper from that side I would probably have not seen this C4, and this guy didnt even shoot at us, he was waiting for us to both get in before he detonated and killed us both. This would have been a 36 Item pay day for this level 1 noob with a C4 and invisibility to my radar. We would have not known what hit us had I not noticed that C4.

Now the real issue is that had he killed us, he would now possess items that render him a practical level 1 rambo. He could go toe to toe with the best with the added advantage of noob protection and invisibility. Where does this now leave high level players who spend a fortune to acquire radars and batteries to protect themselves from surprise attacks and unnecessary deaths?

Maybe it's just me, but I rarely have been threatened by a level 1 player because of their noob protection. You are correct that 90% of the server population is level 1 players, but how many of those 90% do you think would be equipped enough to give you them an unfair advantage against you? They are running around cluelessly with no grapple or parachute and not a lot of ammo. Still if you feel the need to kill them, just don't use the launcher+parachute combo. Use other guns, explosives, melee etc, shouldn't be too hard to kill the poor guy... Of course there are well equipped level 1 players, but it's not like they can't be killed at all. Just not with a launcher from air.

If they are identified as level 1s, they become easy target. I know players like you wouldn't take advantage of it, but majority of players will. For me, I don't see the need to kill a level 1 player (can't brag about my high kill count anymore and they don't drop good loot, and no level upgrades anymore) so good thing they don't show up on my radar.

• player radar range has decreased to 300 meters with a fadein

But it still takes the same battery energy, which is totally unfair to say the least. Perhaps you could lower its energy requirement substantially as it's range has also been substantially lowered to near uselessness. Yesterday I was at the desert ap k22 spawn and I heard a chopper getting close, I looked up and saw nothing but I knew it was coming my way, my radar showed nothing untill I decided to flee since I can no longer grapple and c4 it. Turns out it was a friend who even asked why I am running. Only when i had clear visual sight of him did he even pop up on my radar, and this is a level 100+ player. It would also help if the radar would paint friends blue instead of red.

I agree with the range of the radar, I think may be too short. But the player radar was on its way out of the server, so I guess this is better than nothing :P

• battery level upgrades has changed to 10, 25 and 50%
No, just no.

Batteries are more common than before, not a big deal in my opinion.

kills and deaths removed from playerlist, reasons:

• players misunderstood it as a highscore list and kill so many noobs as fast as pissible.
  • i realized that the current safezone concept can not balanced with the gameplay anymore and what i saw so far, it's already out of control.

When I started this server I did not have all these protections working for me, but I loved that challenge and told myself I would SURVIVE no matter what, today I am one of the more experienced players of the server and I enjoyed that journey very much specifically because the odds were against me. I remember swimming to the desert and getting picked off for no reason, killed for no reason looking for a car, shot at when I clearly stated I am friendly. I remember Starsky nuking the crap out of me at Rajang temple, I remember staying clear of the VP clan because I thought they were a bunch of murderers, today both are my friends and the respect between each other was forged over various good and bad encounters all in the name of survival. If we cant kill each other what is there to survive? C4 can destroy a base what is the need to build for?

You have built an eco system ING, and it is truely brutal and beautiful at the same time. There are brutal mindless killers like myself and there are looter/traders like Frank. Killers need supplies and we are not really into looting much, we buy from the traders and continue our ways while they go look for more stuff to sell to us. It is a cycle that feeds itself and you are trying to prevent that. I get that it is your server and you want us to play in a specific way, but things seldom go as planned in life.

I feel you are alienating us your most loyal of players to appeal to new comers who never even comeback to play on the server. I rarely see these level 1 guys come back day after day like we do despite all the changes you are making against us. Im not asking you to let us slaughter them wholesale, but the point of the game is to survive, that includes surviving kill minded players. Those who understand the server will comeback, all this protection does nothing to keep them playing, they don't even know about it. You can clearly see this at SZ when these level 1 guys shoot each other ryt outside SZ only to be killed by SZ protection. We know about it because it affects us the most.

From the time the server started till now, there has been a huge growth of players and the gap between a level 1 player and high level players has gotten too big and current gameplay is very unbalanced. Although you can never have a completely balanced or fair environment in a survival style gameplay. Players who have spent more time on the server will always have the upper hand on new players (and rightfully so), but from my perspective (as a experienced player and a mod) that gap is just to big, and is most definitely the reason ING is making these changes.

Sorry, but I don't see how these changes are directed against us or somehow ING is alienating us. That is the last thing he would want to do. Have you ever thought why those new players don't return? could it be because the gameplay is highly unbalanced? You can't deny that for a clueless new player, it is extremely difficult to get started and they will die at least two times before even finding a grapplehook. And this is 90% of the population we are talking about. So it makes sense that ING would at least do something to give majority of the population a chance.

For me as and experienced player, these are seriously minor inconveniences (and should be for good players) and I will adapt and survive (it is survival after all).

Anyways, those new upcoming changes ING mentioned are huge and will completely change the server (hopefully for the good) and we may even see all of these controversial changes reverted back.

frankincenseb

• View Profile
« Reply #272 on: January 13, 2015, 10:17:29 pm »
Speaking of trading.

It looks like the spawn rate for lvl3 and lvl4 crates has dropped down dramatically. I think it's too soon to say if that's a good or bad thing. But I think it will make life somewhat harder for noobs who are less mobile, don't have a chopper and can't explore easily, since all the accessible spots in Panau city are quickly emptied. I also think it might jack up the prices of rare items - EVACs, landclaims, even walls (!). It also makes my job, as a looter/trader, somewhat harder, haha. 

So are the rumors true ? Has the high level loot crate spawn rate really been reduced to 1/hr ?

Starsky

• View Profile
« Reply #273 on: January 13, 2015, 11:36:16 pm »
i'm totally synchro with omega feeling... he is right

we was lvl1 and it was survival district ... you protect only real dumb noob cause you have just to found few lockpick to get a car and escape from the city and press f2 to find good loot.

if some spawn killer like to do that personaly i don't care it just they don't have no imagination and scenary ... educate them to dreams and have fun for different mission

the radar and battery was good ... the problem is just for have observation mission to have more depth of field

and like i said to high lvl and friends now with 90% lvl1 we have just to build teams and equip them to have ghost killers nice job!!!

neutral zone is a good thing and enough to catch a car quickly ...do we start with all of that and noob protection??? its was a survival district now a nursery.

loots are too long now too ... really i stop to play as usual from the 12jan update

i think you should listen old players or democratic petition in panau can be great.

i repeat we have started with nothin ... now with that radar and poor batery we can't loot in peace or like people said go to own base peacefully ... it was a chance for mind peace, better now maybe a new lvl appear just near my base ... so great

few days ago all your ideas have a sense even if some people have lot of kills it was fun, now we don't really appreciate this unique server like before..

use bubble for a scuba diving indeed a better update than ever

nb: me and my friend hutch have bug : can't use bino in vehicules without fire with miniguns, same situation to put a wall or build, and i just discovered that i have no rockets on copters too only miniguns ...

hope you understand the voice of old players. we don't need that updates but matter to build scenarii

chhh  chhh zebra3 radio over 

ho oups but i just have a huge crash in k22 sawing beautiful yellow lines in the sky and é sec after i crash and saw road dancing in the sky losing radar, full military helmet and 2 other things... someone can help?? so i use 5 backtrap and nothing on the site or in the air cause it was a bug right. sad day when you loose a radar.

« Last Edit: January 14, 2015, 02:30:18 am by Starsky »

dastrash

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: January 14, 2015, 10:09:57 am »
I agree with many of the things Omega-BLK and others have said, seems to me that a lot of assumptions about highlevel vs newbies are being made.

For starters: High-level does not automatically mean having an advantage over newplayers, just because a player spends more time playing a game does not mean he has better amming. A newplayer might as well be a very experienced gamer in other servers.

High-levels have a bigger stash, better weapons, etc. Is that a problem? we have dedicated a lot of time collecting such items, and a newplayer using a simple pistol can kill you and earn a 30-40 inventory in a split of a second... this has happen to me countless times, and I make no fuss about it, sucks but it is all part of the game.

Second, the whole the reason new players don't return is because they are getting killed all the time... is just faulty, it can also be:

• They have low to zero frustration tolerance.
  • They are accustomed to magically spawnning items, infinite ammo, teleporting, etc.
  • They prefer other type of gameplay.

Most of the loyal players on this server have dealt with the learning curve, the initial frustration of not being able to kill anyone, finding loot in limited areas, exploring the map without so many vehicles spawnning points or vending machines, etc, and we survived, we kept trying because we liked the server, plain and simple. Now it is just too much pampering for new players that it is killing the fun.

If you are trying to 'protect' people by putting so many 'fences' you might as well end up without a playground.

Lastly, don't get me wrong, I love this MOD, but it feels at times that the reward for playing much is getting punished and that sucks.

I hope this does not turn from Survival District into the Love District, jk XD.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2015, 10:25:22 am by dastrash »

ZeMantras

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: January 14, 2015, 12:00:04 pm »
    • there will be ai-controlled enemies every in panau.
    This should be interesting!cant wait  8)

harisalipk

• Donator
      • View Profile
    « Reply #276 on: January 14, 2015, 04:23:37 pm »
    I agree with many of the things Omega-BLK and others have said, seems to me that a lot of assumptions about highlevel vs newbies are being made.

For starters: High-level does not automatically mean having an advantage over newplayers, just because a player spends more time playing a game does not mean he has better amming. A newplayer might as well be a very experienced gamer in other servers.

High-levels have a bigger stash, better weapons, etc. Is that a problem? we have dedicated a lot of time collecting such items, and a newplayer using a simple pistol can kill you and earn a 30-40 inventory in a split of a second... this has happen to me countless times, and I make no fuss about it, sucks but it is all part of the game.

You're right, and that's is what I meant with high levels players, they are better equipped, not necessarily have good skills. What I meant by the gap is that 'high' level players have more weapons, explosives and supplies vs a level 1 without much of those.

Having bigger stash, better weapons is obviously not a problem... it's an objective of the game. Getting killed by a level 1 player with a pistol shouldn't be happening in the first place. You have better weapons, armor, grapple, parachute etc. and you should be more careful lol :P. But there's obviously other reasons this happens.

Second, the whole the reason new players don't return is because they are getting killed all the time... is just faulty, it can also be:

• They have low to zero frustration tolerance.
    • They are accustomed to magically spawnning items, infinite ammo, teleporting, etc.
    • They prefer other type of gameplay.

Fair enough, those could very well be the reasons.

Most of the loyal players on this server have dealt with the learning curve, the initial frustration of not being able to kill anyone, finding loot in limited areas, exploring the map without so many vehicles spawnning points or vending machines, etc, and we survived, we kept trying because we liked the server, plain and simple. Now it is just too much pampering for new players that it is killing the fun.

If you are trying to 'protect' people by putting so many 'fences' you might as well end up without a playground.

Lastly, don't get me wrong, I love this MOD, but it feels at times that the reward for playing much is getting punished and that sucks.

I hope this does not turn from Survival District into the Love District, jk XD.

Those were different times haha. The player count was much low, and there was no one who was higher level than us. We were the top dogs. The player count nowadays reaches 100+ and it is a much more hostile environment.

I may have agreed with you somewhat about pampering, protecting and putting fences etc when noob protection was initially introduced. It was maybe a bit too much. But do you still think this is too much?:

Noob protection will only strike you if:

You are level 5 and higher and,
    You are parachuting and,
    You use a rocket or grenade launcher to kill a level 1 player and
    The said player has been online for less than 60 minutes.

Correct me if i'm wrong, but this is what is noob protection is now. Don't new players deserve at least this much?

I get that killing new less equipped players is fun (I've done it to reach 350+ kills), but maybe ING doesn't not want this server to become that. I think we all have misunderstood the objective of the server (and for good reasons). The is called survival. In survival, you should be struggling to not die from hunger or thirst, barely being able to find resources, defending against enemies, and killing when necessary (with just cause 2 ridiculousness ofcourse). The focus should be on looting. And the player who manages to do all these should be best player, not someone with a high kill count.

It should be evident from the recent and upcoming changes that this is where the server is headed. I just hope that some balance can be achieved to make most people happy and hopefully keep good and honest players like you, Omega and others playing.

Also for people who haven't noticed, the server is BETA, so you should expect changes all the time until it comes out of it.

dastrash

• Donator
      • View Profile
    « Reply #277 on: January 14, 2015, 04:50:49 pm »
    Hi Haris!

Those were different times haha. The player count was much low, and there was no one who was higher level than us. We were the top dogs. The player count nowadays reaches 100+ and it is a much more hostile environment.

Agreed, times have changed, there is no point in dening that, but I wouldn't say just in the hostile direction, a lot of players now help newcomers a ton, stuff gets droped for free inside of the sz, many trades, many gifts, for me the server has grown in friendly direction as well.

Correct me if i'm wrong, but this is what is noob protection is now. Don't new players deserve at least this much?

I have no problem with noob protection per se, in fact I have even suggested in the past for newbies to be unkillable or at least a way of knowing they are new (I get this could be exploited). IMHO the problem is that due to this 'noob protection' the server is becoming very restrictive and a lot of what made it cool has been taken away.

I get that killing new less equipped players is fun (I've done it to reach 350+ kills), but maybe ING doesn't not want this server to become that. I think we all have misunderstood the objective of the server (and for good reasons)

It is not even like that, killing in general is fun, high level, low level, mid level, I have weapons and I would like to use them freely XD.

Last, about ING's concept, I thought a lot about it, and seems to me it would be very contradictory, we have nukes and explosives, we have helis with guns, g9 an leopards, miniguns, mines, etc, yet, peace is expected?

Also, reading ING's statement about future features:

there will be ai-controlled enemies every in panau.

Oh man, because having human enemies is unfair so artificial killers would be better? See what I mean?

Again, I know this might sound harsh, but I just wanted to point what in my opinion is a turn in the wrong direction, with good intentions, but because of the wrong reasons.

I truly believe a balance can be reached without killing what make this server so unique and so fun.

Thanks.

Edit. Have just re-read and I missed the following quote:

The focus should be on looting. And the player who manages to do all these should be best player, not someone with a high kill count.

Different players have different focuses, the kill count was just a side effect of what I and many others define as fun, which is to put skills to the test and the risk of getting killed in the process. It's not so much about counting killings than it was about having fun in the process.
    « Last Edit: January 14, 2015, 05:18:22 pm by dastrash »

Omega-BLK

• View Profile
    « Reply #278 on: January 14, 2015, 05:51:40 pm »
    A suggestion then gentlemen, all level 1 players get supplied with a Kevlar, grapple and parachute. These specific 3 items will not be dropped by the level 1 player no matter how many times they die as long as they remain level 1. Upon reaching level 2 they can lose them. By doing so, they no longer need any protection what so ever in my opinion. This allows them to flee if attacked and get around better. Also they should become visible again on our radars. I would much rather have this than the current protection.

Maybe it's just me, but I rarely have been threatened by a level 1 player because of their noob protection. You are correct that 90% of the server population is level 1 players, but how many of those 90% do you think would be equipped enough to give you them an unfair advantage against you? They are running around cluelessly with no grapple or parachute and not a lot of ammo. Still if you feel the need to kill them, just don't use the launcher+parachute combo. Use other guns, explosives, melee etc, shouldn't be too hard to kill the poor guy... Of course there are well equipped level 1 players, but it's not like they can't be killed at all. Just not with a launcher from air.

They are not threatening but they are not worth going toe to toe with. 10 out of 10 times I met a noob in a loot area I always ran. He is not worth my 20 items, 8 out of 10 times I met a higher level player I went for the kill. That incident with the invisible level 1 boogeyman has really made me more paranoid than ever, you don't know the terror of some invisible noob with a shotgun/rocket walking up behind you while you are opening a crate and blasting you to space. If word gets out that they are invisible to our radars, it just might be us who start getting slaughtered.

I agree with the range of the radar, I think may be too short. But the player radar was on its way out of the server, so I guess this is better than nothing :P

Wait till someone pops up right on top of you, you will agree with me fully :)

Batteries are more common than before, not a big deal in my opinion.

Which means more time looting while praying invisible players don't catch me with my pants down or spending lps faster to buy them. Both of which are a pain

Anyways, those new upcoming changes ING mentioned are huge and will completely change the server (hopefully for the good) and we may even see all of these controversial changes reverted back.

I shall pin my hopes on this statement. Shall it not come to pass I will find you Haris and I will c4 you despite the 5 second placement requirement, then I shall proceed to move my stashes  ;D

i just discovered that i have no rockets on copters too only miniguns ...
    Yes, THOSE choppers only have miniguns, not a bug.

i repeat we have started with nothin ... now with that radar and poor batery we can't loot in peace or like people said go to own base peacefully ... it was a chance for mind peace, better now maybe a new lvl appear just near my base ... so great
    This

And this

Last, about ING's concept, I thought a lot about it, and seems to me it would be very contradictory, we have nukes and explosives, we have helis with guns, g9 an leopards, miniguns, mines, etc, yet, peace is expected?
    And this... Emphasis on NUKES

Oh man, because having human enemies is unfair so artificial killers would be better? See what I mean?
    And my personal favourite, this
    « Last Edit: January 14, 2015, 05:54:50 pm by Omega-BLK »

harisalipk

• Donator
      • View Profile
    « Reply #279 on: January 14, 2015, 06:02:51 pm »
    Hi Haris!

Agreed, times have changed, there is no point in dening that, but I wouldn't say just in the hostile direction, a lot of players now help newcomers a ton, stuff gets droped for free inside of the sz, many trades, many gifts, for me the server has grown in friendly direction as well.

Agreed.

I have no problem with noob protection per se, in fact I have even suggested in the past for newbies to be unkillable (I get this could be exploited), IMHO the problem is that due to this 'noob protection' the server is becoming very restrictive and a lot of what made it cool has been taken away.

I see, but what was cool and how is it restricted? Noob protection only prevents killing using one method for a certain time. Was that the only fun?

Yeah, I don't know exactly what ING's true vision is for the server. That was just my analysis based on the previous and upcoming changes. It is indeed quite contradictory, but maybe the reason we are getting concerned now is that all of that is slowly being removed? Wow that would suck.

Edit. Have just re-read and I missed the following quote:

The focus should be on looting. And the player who manages to do all these should be best player, not someone with a high kill count.

Different players have different focuses, the kill count was just a side effect of what I and many others define as fun, which is to put skills to the test and the risk of getting killed in the process. It's not so much about counting killings than it is about having fun in the process.

That's true, but the current state of the gameplay forces players to focus on killing, because killing is how you progress. You level up by killing and get rewards. Most of the time, you are fully equipped and not worried about dying from thirst or hunger or finding enough loot Stashes are full of gear, weapons etc. We have ridiculous weapons like nukes, bombs, G9's etc. So what else is there do to, other than kill?

IMO the server is just another PvP server with cool weapons and some restrictions (Before the build update). It's too easy to 'survive'. Loot is plentiful. Have you ever really struggled to find food and water? or died from hunger? Nope. An this is not a bad thing at all. It's what made it fun for some people.

So maybe that is not ING's vision for the server, and is trying to change that. Who knows.

For now, the objectives and focus of this survival server should be clearly stated, so that the changes being made make more sense.

Edit:

Omega-BLK:

There are many better ways to protect the noobs like the one you mentioned, but they all defeat the concept of survival, which is you start from nothing.

Radar visibility is definitely concerning, we just have to wait for the man himself to say a few words haha
    « Last Edit: January 14, 2015, 06:18:40 pm by harisalipk »

NaotaChannel

• View Profile
    « Reply #280 on: January 14, 2015, 06:17:14 pm »
    Just because you haven't been threatened by a "noob", doesn't mean it's not a problem for a lot of other people.

The whole reason I went to using rockets, is because I would shoot a guy with 15 shotgun rounds and 99 machine gun rounds, and he would take ZERO damage and these people didn't even have armor on.

Those same "noobs", would then kill me with 4 shots from their handguns - and I was wearing kevlar.

If you don't see that as a problem, I don't know what else to say . I'm not the only one complaining about it.

harisalipk

• Donator
      • View Profile
    « Reply #281 on: January 14, 2015, 06:40:55 pm »
    Just because you haven't been threatened by a "noob", doesn't mean it's not a problem for a lot of other people.

The whole reason I went to using rockets, is because I would shoot a guy with 15 shotgun rounds and 99 machine gun rounds, and he would take ZERO damage and these people didn't even have armor on.

Those same "noobs", would then kill me with 4 shots from their handguns - and I was wearing kevlar.

If you don't see that as a problem, I don't know what else to say . I'm not the only one complaining about it.

Of course I see it as a problem. And this problem is obviously not intentional, rather a problem with jcmp itself, which either can't be fixed or is hard to fix. Noob protection is there to solve a much bigger problem and not to prevent players from killing with only method they can.

I, like you, face the exact same problem, but the difference is I use other methods to kill and I don't whine about it all the time.

Omega-BLK

• View Profile
    « Reply #282 on: January 15, 2015, 12:33:50 am »
    There are many better ways to protect the noobs like the one you mentioned, but they all defeat the concept of survival, which is you start from nothing.

Radar visibility is definitely concerning, we just have to wait for the man himself to say a few words haha

Yes but noob protection that doesnt kill other players would be far more welcomed in the game. Come now Haris, champion my suggestion with me and maybe ING would take it seriously ;)

I have this exact same problem, and now c4 has been taken from me. Oh why cruel world... I remember getting schooled by a guy with a handgun in 3 shots. To this day I stay clear of anyone with a handgun. The amount of damage I take from that specific weapon is unreal, kevlar or not, and I never sport any kevlar less than 70%.

Another bug/glitch I have noticed is in my inventory, for some awesome reason I can stack nukes and missiles upto 3 or 4 occasionally, mines upto any given number I can accumilate. This is a welcomed bug/glitch since I am quite the Panua terrorist. Also if you have multiple stacks of any of the above, logging out and back in reshuffles the stacks and one of the stacks inherits the other stack's extras. This allows you to pickup more and logout and back in and move them into the larger stack, then picking up more, virtually giving you an unlimited stack capability theoretically.

Just incase I'm not making sense, I have 4 stacks of mines (10 in each stack), after I restart the game and login, 1 stack has 25 mines and the others 5 mines each. If I top up on 15 more mines and repeat the process, 1 stack will have 40 mines and the others 5 mines again. this also holds true for nukes and missiles though 4 seems to be the limit, mines don't seem to have a limit.

There is also that nuke glitch I told Haris about, I would love to see that one fixed ASAP, I would cry real tears if that one was used on me.

harisalipk

• Donator
      • View Profile
    « Reply #283 on: January 15, 2015, 06:01:27 am »
    Yes but noob protection that doesnt kill other players would be far more welcomed in the game. Come now Haris, champion my suggestion with me and maybe ING would take it seriously ;)

Sorry, but the current noob protection is not a big deal for me. And thus I would not support removing something as small as this:

Killing a new player in his first 60 minutes on the server by:

• A rocket or grenade launcher while parachuting.
    • Or using sniper rifle at close range (360 no scoping not allowed?)

If you still want to kill a new player within 60 minutes of him joining the server for the first time, you are a jerk and deserve to be killed by noob protection lol :P.

Infact noob protection no longer applies to a level 1 player. It applies to a player who's only played less than 60 minutes on the server.

Also I just noticed that same thing goes for visibility on the player radar. A new player will appear on the radar after playing 60 minutes, regardless of their level.

But other changes are still debatable, just waiting for ING's comment.

Another bug/glitch I have noticed is in my inventory, for some awesome reason I can stack nukes and missiles upto 3 or 4 occasionally, mines upto any given number I can accumilate. This is a welcomed bug/glitch since I am quite the Panua terrorist. Also if you have multiple stacks of any of the above, logging out and back in reshuffles the stacks and one of the stacks inherits the other stack's extras. This allows you to pickup more and logout and back in and move them into the larger stack, then picking up more, virtually giving you an unlimited stack capability theoretically.

Yup, thats a known bug. You will like it when you try to pickup one more mine and all the extra mines go into the lootbox. Just lost 31 mines to a lootbox this way lol.

I couldn't reproduce the nuke bug. Maybe its changed since walls and doors provide protection from airstrikes now.

Starsky

• View Profile
    « Reply #284 on: January 15, 2015, 05:11:15 pm »
    we are ideas ...

I FEEL LIKE OMEGA  and hutch too, he just meet a noob lvl 1 just behind him ...

its simply too put like the "sims" maybe a symbol on the head like look i m a lvl don't kill me .. lol a nursery

do we have started with that??no. and it was great  and we are here ! stop complain about having more people on the server or noobs ...

a democratic petition would be great next connection all players vote and so ING and admins can have  true facts of  ... also some stoler spawner with diff√©rents accounts have their "ghost killers" nice trolls

i wait for:

suba diving using bubbles, friends radar different color cause we are all red, more distance to  binocular and come back for batery and radar distance, a PDA to put coordinates and saw vehicules on the map maybe, spawn menu on PDA
    i wait for transport russian heli and like some script server to clic and choose seat number place for all vehicules
    wait for f33 and overcraft
    wait for online market where you can buy in all telephonic cabine(micro safe zone maybe)  some stuff directly or area market
    wait for truck and cars to put stuff Inside can be cool  and open the looting world :D
    maybe had civilians like the game (depend of fps)
    unfair unlimited rockets on AH33 i think better if each rockets loot items its using by the players
    maybe on the PDA we can put a location with a war and enter in it, possible to choose witch side and who helps who
    i wait for an ark and Arrow ( 1more weapon aditional menu) with animals in the sky, water, and land ... findind maybe woods block to make arrows and collecting meteorite or stone .. more fruits on tree or all markets villages ..it mean rearrange the menu with one more colon.
    have an eagle defense can be great too ^^

Question : can you extand the map? can be cool to have a new continent kind of jurassik park ;)

bugz :
    bug minigun heli to put a wall use bino Inside vehicules miniguns, evac Under grapple or half way bug ... E bug ... and no more roads dancing in the sky and crash into 4 dimension lost radar and not find my stuff ... what else? ho yes that funking little rockets grapples in the air where everybody crash on

it's not complain just for doing it.

its because 2 weeks ago maybe the best game ever and now you destroy it like god destroy its creation ... just think about. we wants a better game.

also c4 its too long just put something to do not put on people, cause now to putone on the car its too long not really good for game play and action.

also noob protection can be simply a words when you now start the game "you have 10min to get out of here after you are not invincible" to remember what is survival like we taste it .. no loot no cars everywhere ... cause now it's a love zone. and high lvl like too loot more than kill more than ever cause we building things

we are here to help just open our mind and try to answer me haris or ing  ;)

« Last Edit: January 15, 2015, 11:51:37 pm by Starsky »