Currently the developers are putting their own money into JC2-MP to keep the servers online.

Please take a few seconds of your time and disable your AdBlock plugin for our website.

Ad revenue is not going to developers, it is used purely for covering our hosting costs.

You are also free to donate, which removes all ads from our website!

Patch 0.3 was just released! Full changelog here: https://t.co/4A50m6IKen

3 years ago

Advertisement
May 31, 2020, 09:28:41 pm

Author Topic: Survival District - Testserver  (Read 313856 times)

Ariki

• View Profile
Re: Survival District - Testserver
« Reply #330 on: February 13, 2015, 03:45:01 pm »
Yeah I had lagg before I got banned aswell.

crescentfresh

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: February 17, 2015, 02:42:34 am »
One suggestion:
A trade chat channel tab

Bug Report (1):
Disappearing item drops when trading in
safe zone (near middle on concrete)

dengar68

• View Profile
« Reply #332 on: February 17, 2015, 08:39:00 pm »
Hi,
Today when I was playing on this server I've been attacked by a guy, so I shoot him. He dropped 2 r.grapples and loads of nice stuff. After that happening he started whining on whisper. He told me that admin is his friend and I'm going to get banned because of my "hacks". He said that he doesn't care if I'm playing fair and I'm going to get banned anyway. For the beginning I was laughing, because I've never used any kind of cheats, but few hours later I've been banned. I had a great time playing on this server, but in this case sadly I have to say this mod is disappointing. Getting banned because of killing a raging guy who knows admin is pathetic.

Best regards,
dengar68

harisalipk

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: February 17, 2015, 11:14:02 pm »
That's quite surprising, please check your pm.

Omega-BLK

• View Profile
« Reply #334 on: February 17, 2015, 11:20:23 pm »
Using binoculars on parachute ends up with you falling out of the sky when you stop using the binoculars, this is odd because it use to work fine before. Also in a plane this happens.

Are the level 50+ rewards still coming? Kinda been a while now. Also at high levels we practically lose everything on death, could we please have atleast 1 slot per column where we can place an item we dont want to lose? After dying today I ran into mmore bandits and I could not defend myself as all 6 weapons I had were dropped. This sucks badly.

crescentfresh

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: February 18, 2015, 07:52:44 pm »
Also at high levels we practically lose everything on death, could we please have atleast 1 slot per column where we can place an item we dont want to lose? After dying today I ran into mmore bandits and I could not defend myself as all 6 weapons I had were dropped. This sucks badly.

I agree, it gets pretty insane after level 12ish, maybe you could drop amounts based on number of players killed recently? To put a risk on killing a lot of players in a small amount of time.

Also, I would like to suggest a new item:
1) Superboots-When equipped you can now sprint 100% faster, and tapping the space bar twice
allows a superjump which jumps you 200 feet up in the air.

2) Radar Jammer - When enemies who use radar are in the vicinity of you (while active) it makes their radar less exact on positioning, and renders you invisible on their radar.

3) Instead of binoculars there should be small flying drones for recon which can also self destruct on targets.

harisalipk

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: February 18, 2015, 08:12:46 pm »
Using binoculars on parachute ends up with you falling out of the sky when you stop using the binoculars, this is odd because it use to work fine before. Also in a plane this happens.

Binoculars were changed so that they could only be used while stationary to prevent the teleporting bug, and in exchange the range was increased. But I see that they should be also limited to on foot to prevent this from happening. Until then, only use binoculars while on foot.

Are the level 50+ rewards still coming? Kinda been a while now. Also at high levels we practically lose everything on death, could we please have atleast 1 slot per column where we can place an item we dont want to lose? After dying today I ran into mmore bandits and I could not defend myself as all 6 weapons I had were dropped. This sucks badly.

i made some decisions about the future of the server, a pre release version is intended to somewhere in april or may. what i can say so far (without any guarantees)...

• players will not spawn in the safezone anymore, it will be like in other survival games, somewhere in panau. the safezone stays in the game and there will may added more to create some safe areas where players can meet, they also can select as a spawnpoint.
  • level system will be fully changed to enable more ways to level up without killing. level system will may reset, i dont know about the kills and deaths yet. until then it works as before but i add no rewards to the higher levels until then.
  • there will be ai-controlled enemies every in panau.
  • until then continuously updates will come...

Omega-BLK

• View Profile
« Reply #337 on: February 19, 2015, 01:12:09 am »
Thanks for clearing up the binoculars issue Haris. Makes total sense now. Also seeing how the range was increased to comprensate for losing usability, couldn't the same be done for the player radar? Its still incredibly battery hungry though its range and ability have been deeply culled. Maybe make it less battery hungry?

Today an odd thing happened in my inventory at about 10.30pm GMT or there about, my radar was on and I had 7 batteries on me, the 7th ran out and the little red log notifications said "batter 7 empty", "6 left", "player radar deactivated", "0 batteries left". The remaining batteries vanished from my inventory. A short while later I disconnected and reconnected hopinh it was just an error. But that didnt help, for a moment I swear I thought Haris was screwing with me because I was using my radar to find targets to kill. (Sorry for suspecting you btw Haris xD ) maybe its just a one time thing but that really caught me off gaurd. I would hate for that to happen to my lps.

On the issue of the levels I think ING should make a donations thing, I will glady donate, I for one would like to see ING hire some people to help him code this script so it gets more awesome faster and I can have my rewards  :P

But seriously, my stashes are taking a beating, we need some kind of relief.

Docteur-Marc

• View Profile
« Reply #338 on: February 19, 2015, 01:06:24 pm »
Please change name of the game to "Trader district" instead of  "survival district"

:(

Omega-BLK

• View Profile
« Reply #339 on: February 19, 2015, 07:46:05 pm »
I have a suggestion to spice up the game play, how about a "care package" drops out of the sky and lands in a random place on the map, an announcement is made to all players online and the coordinates are given to all, this care pack would consist of every kind of item available, say upto 50 loot boxes appear with random loot in them, including very rare items. This would get all players to rush there and take what they can quick, massive battles will happen too obviously.

Docteur-Marc

• View Profile
« Reply #340 on: February 21, 2015, 02:21:51 pm »
Beaucoup de joueur pleurniche sur les fraudes d'echanges , les arnaques font partie de la survie ! arreter de pleurnicher, et sortez les doigt du culs et explorer ....

Many player whines about fraud exchanges, scams are part of survival! stop whining and take out the finger of your asses and explore the worlds ....

I do not trade, so I do not get scammed.

moi je commerce pas , donc je ne me fait pas arnaquer.

harisalipk

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: February 21, 2015, 05:43:44 pm »
Either use F3 to disable chat or use mute button in F6 on players that annoy you. Unfortunately whining is also part of online gaming. As for players who constantly complain about scams to the point of flooding chat, they will be dealt with.

RealityRed

• View Profile
« Reply #342 on: February 22, 2015, 03:58:33 am »
First things, I'm loving the server and it's frequent updates but one or two issues have came to my attention over the last 2 days:
-Planes don't drive backwards
-The boat with a long fin on the bottom of it is impossible to get into, a good 10 mins of pressing 'E'
-If something is dropped on the bridge between the airport and the mainland, it drops into the pillars
-Backpacks have never been more scarce
-when logging out on top of certain building, you fall through and die when you spawn back in

Can't wait for the next update :) I'm sure it'll be great.

Elparanoico

• View Profile
« Reply #343 on: February 24, 2015, 03:52:24 am »
Been playing and enjoying things for a few days, but it does still need work. Today I noticed that my box stashes had disappeared entirely from my hideout(they were full of items too). My garbage stash remained in place though. Oddly the box stashes were invisible in the first place as well, but I could still open them if I aimed where their hitbox was. I've seen invisible stashes in other places too so this seems to be common.

I hope to see more safe zones and loot heavy areas outside the cities too. I think looting the same city areas becomes kinda repetitive and there's a lot of empty areas in the map where you have no incentive to go other than maybe building a base. A few safe zones spread around the map could create more encounters with players trying to travel between safe zones and big loot points. I also think it would be better if the other safe zones aren't in places with high level loot as they just draw more looters in who make the surrounding area the opposite of safe. It would be more fair for beginners to start out in a place that isn't surrounded by attack helicopters all the time.

My biggest problems, I'd say are with the combat. Well I think the problems may persist in JC2 MP in general. I guess the netcode ain't that great. Anyways I don't know if the server creator could help it or not, but here are some of my experiences with the combat: More than a few times I've shot a guy in the legs with a rocket launcher and nothing happens. This one time it took like 5 missiles and the last one killed both me and the enemy, because they got too close. I emptied a few clips to a guy with a machine gun(close range, see blood flying from his body) and shot him a bit with other weapons as well, he shoots a few bullets to me with a revolver and I die. I guess that particular guy was really laggy though, because he was teleporting around.

I also suck at the stash hacker minigame. It's annoying considering how rare they are. But then again, making it easier would also make it easier for people to loot my base.

One feature I'd like to see is being able to place minigun stations and sandbags in your landclaim along with just more props in general.

That's all for now. Hope to really see this thing improve and become more popular.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2015, 04:10:52 am by Elparanoico »

crescentfresh

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: February 24, 2015, 05:10:09 am »
Omega I had similar issues with the player radar, except it randomly dissappeared from my inventory...while still draining battery, and i wasn't even looting or anything. Just dissappeared.

Also, please allow longer battery life, just turning on radar to check a area for a few seconds shouldn't drain that much battery imo. Not a game breaker.