Currently the developers are putting their own money into JC2-MP to keep the servers online.

Please take a few seconds of your time and disable your AdBlock plugin for our website.

Ad revenue is not going to developers, it is used purely for covering our hosting costs.

You are also free to donate, which removes all ads from our website!

Patch 0.3 was just released! Full changelog here: https://t.co/4A50m6IKen

3 years ago

Advertisement
May 30, 2020, 03:57:05 am

Author Topic: Survival District - Testserver  (Read 313414 times)

Docteur-Marc

• View Profile
Re: Survival District - Testserver
« Reply #345 on: February 24, 2015, 10:43:45 am »
voici un exemple de bug d'empilement,  quand on atteint le niveau vingt.

Here is an example of stacking bug when one reaches the level twenty.

pour reproduire le bug :

deux empilements de 20 HEgrenade , apres deconnexion , deviennent  un empilement de 10 Hegrenade et une de 30 HEgrenade

idem pour les Nukes et missiles > 2 and 2 apres deconnexion > 1 and 3

to reproduce the bug:

two stacks of 20 HEgrenade, after disconnection, become a stack of 10 and 30 Hegrenade

ditto for Nukes and missiles> 2 and 2 after disconnection> 1 and 3

a moins que ce soit une récompense du niveau ?

unless it is a reward level?

ps:

je suis armer et dangereux , sortez de ma ville

I'm armed and dangerous, get out of my city ,and do not touch my mines
« Last Edit: February 24, 2015, 11:03:18 am by Docteur-Marc »

Elparanoico

• View Profile
« Reply #346 on: February 24, 2015, 11:22:26 am »
Please change name of the game to "Trader district" instead of  "survival district"

:(
Lol the constant trading kinda annoys me too. It sorta ruins the survival feel when so many players almost solely rely on it and just hang out in the safe zone. It can also make acquiring certain items a bit too easy if someone sells them at a low price. I think it would be cool if we couldn't trade things in the safe zone or the neutral zone. That way it would be riskier to trade things and maybe less people would do it.

Docteur-Marc

• View Profile
« Reply #347 on: February 24, 2015, 12:33:55 pm »
I have a suggestion to spice up the game play, how about a "care package" drops out of the sky and lands in a random place on the map, an announcement is made to all players online and the coordinates are given to all, this care pack would consist of every kind of item available, say upto 50 loot boxes appear with random loot in them, including very rare items. This would get all players to rush there and take what they can quick, massive battles will happen too obviously.

I test a "Treasure Hunter" this morning I put Hegrenades and missile cruises in different places, and send the GPS, I did reap that taunts and mockery,they prefered to stay in panau to trade,

all wimps players

j'ai tester un "tresor Hunter"  ce matin , j'ai mis des Hegrenades  and missile de croisieres à different endroits ,et envoyer le GPS,  je n'ai recolter que des railleries et moqueries , ils preferais rester a panau pour commercer,

Que des poules mouillés

45 minutes après, le trésor était toujours la
45 minutes after, the treasure was always there

Sunday, there will have a treasure hunt with 100 lockpick and other items

and a player radar for last hunt (if the VP team does not steal me my coffers)

exemple > (little beacon)

Dimanche ,il y auras une chasse  tresor  avec 100 lockpick et autres items
 et un player radar pour la dernière chasse !

si la VP team ne me vole pas mes coffres
« Last Edit: February 24, 2015, 03:03:00 pm by Docteur-Marc »

crescentfresh

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: February 24, 2015, 07:04:59 pm »
I love the idea about treasure hunts, player driven that is!

The thing is, the few I went on turned out to be someone's bitter excuse for
fun LOL!

frankincenseb

• View Profile
« Reply #349 on: February 24, 2015, 08:23:13 pm »

a moins que ce soit une récompense du niveau ?

unless it is a reward level?

Its definitely not, and it's frowned upon by the admins. It's a bug, so we're not supposed to exploit it.

LordNoob

• View Profile
« Reply #350 on: February 24, 2015, 09:31:06 pm »
we're not supposed to exploit it.

How can you? You still get the same amount of the item, but arranged differently.

Elparanoico

• View Profile
« Reply #351 on: February 24, 2015, 10:16:53 pm »
Some base building ideas:
-ability to place miniguns and flak cannons in your landclaim
-ability to place signs with text of your choice
-sand bags and guard posts
-a bunch of random new props

Other ideas:
-limited amount of missiles for army vehicles with rocket pods(ammo could be looted)
-if not already possible, the ability to place stashes on vehicles
-thunderdome in the desert, 2 men enter 1 man leaves, so basically if you haven't seen Mad Max 3, a duel arena of sorts. Idk how it would work exactly, but some sort of competition could be going around it with awards for winners. Maybe it should be set inside a new safe zone, meaning that you couldn't kill people right outside the arena. Another idea is that there would be entry fees and weapons could be limited to certain ones within the matches.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2015, 10:33:03 pm by Elparanoico »

Omega-BLK

• View Profile
« Reply #352 on: February 25, 2015, 07:07:31 am »
I hope to see more safe zones and loot heavy areas outside the cities too.

Hell no! These new guys already have enough protection going for them. 90% of the population is invisible to radar. Neutral zone covers practically the whole city, and noob protection, and stand still C4. We dont need more safe zones. Just no! I started playing back in the quick stick C4 days when radars worked for miles and no kind of protection was afforded to me. I survived a rigged game,  new players are being protected too much! I also had to deal with choppers waiting around the city. Its part of the game. This is survival district, not the nursery or playground.

My biggest problems, I'd say are with the combat
Aim where he is going not where he is. Lead by half a sec. Works for me 90% of the time.

Also, please allow longer battery life, just turning on radar to check a area for a few seconds shouldn't drain that much battery imo
This

Lol the constant trading kinda annoys me too. It sorta ruins the survival feel when so many players almost solely rely on it and just hang out in the safe zone
Some people play as traders, find good loot and sell it. Thats how they enjoy the game. Some people prefer to go on a killing spree, I am one of those, I can not afford to go looting with a radar that lies through its teeth, its just too dangerous for high level players like me. My recent deaths have been from invisible guys, all noobs. Thats why I dont loot anymore at all. I rely on these traders for 70% of my gear, the other 30% comes from those I kill. If people dont trade they will just stockpile everything until they have no place to put it. Then what happens?

I test a "Treasure Hunter" this morning I put Hegrenades and missile cruises in different places, and send the GPS, I did reap that taunts and mockery,they prefered to stay in panau to trade
I thought it was one of your infamous traps, I have been killed by your mines well enough to know your coordinates are no go zones. But I will give it a try next time now that I know its legit.

limited amount of missiles for army vehicles with rocket pods(ammo could be looted)
Not everyone in this game is a hell bent pacifist dude. Leave my Topachula alone! Your problem is that you're a lowly player, when you die you dont lose anything, guys like me lose every item in our inventory, we need the extra armour! We need the unbound ammo because we rarely loot. Players like you are the reason SURVIVAL DISTRICT is slowly being converted into PACIFIST DISTRICT. Quit playing if its too much for you to handle.

Elparanoico

• View Profile
« Reply #353 on: February 25, 2015, 04:02:51 pm »
I'm no pacifist. I mostly go around killing other players and looting. Traders are more pacifist than me. I don't want trading to be removed. I just want it to be limited somehow. Imo too many players just stand around in the safe zone and spam the chat with buy this sell that. I think trading shouldn't even be allowed inside the safe zone. I think it would be more interesting as a sort of drug deal type of thing where people can start shooting all of a sudden.

The reason I want more safe zones is to spread players out more around the map. But the safe zones should be in areas with low level loot so that players would be encouraged to move out from near the safe zone into the high level loot areas where there's more players and they'll be more likely to die. One problem I see with spreading out though is that there may not be enough players on the server.

The combat is buggy as hell. No excuses for it imo. I've shot people who were standing still with a rocket launcher or headshotted them with a sniper. No effect. I guess it depends on the ping of who you're fighting, but regardless the netcode in the multiplayer mod is garbage.

Unlimited missile amount is something I can cope with, but I'd prefer it limited.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2015, 04:04:32 pm by Elparanoico »

Docteur-Marc

• View Profile
« Reply #354 on: February 25, 2015, 04:24:50 pm »
Sunday treasure hunts are coming
!!

harisalipk

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: February 25, 2015, 04:59:54 pm »
Been playing and enjoying things for a few days, but it does still need work. Today I noticed that my box stashes had disappeared entirely from my hideout(they were full of items too). My garbage stash remained in place though. Oddly the box stashes were invisible in the first place as well, but I could still open them if I aimed where their hitbox was. I've seen invisible stashes in other places too so this seems to be common.

Invisible stashes is a known issue since the beginning and I think ING hasn't been able to figure out why. If your stash is missing from the F8 menu, then it most likely got blown up

I hope to see more safe zones and loot heavy areas outside the cities too. I think looting the same city areas becomes kinda repetitive and there's a lot of empty areas in the map where you have no incentive to go other than maybe building a base. A few safe zones spread around the map could create more encounters with players trying to travel between safe zones and big loot points. I also think it would be better if the other safe zones aren't in places with high level loot as they just draw more looters in who make the surrounding area the opposite of safe. It would be more fair for beginners to start out in a place that isn't surrounded by attack helicopters all the time.

There's lots of loot areas outside the city. Have you looked at the loot map (F2)? For safezones, look at ING's 2nd last post.

My biggest problems, I'd say are with the combat. Well I think the problems may persist in JC2 MP in general. I guess the netcode ain't that great. Anyways I don't know if the server creator could help it or not, but here are some of my experiences with the combat: More than a few times I've shot a guy in the legs with a rocket launcher and nothing happens. This one time it took like 5 missiles and the last one killed both me and the enemy, because they got too close. I emptied a few clips to a guy with a machine gun(close range, see blood flying from his body) and shot him a bit with other weapons as well, he shoots a few bullets to me with a revolver and I die. I guess that particular guy was really laggy though, because he was teleporting around.

Welcome to JC-MP :P. It can be improved with a custom damage script (somthing like Battle for Panau), but since the focus of this server is not on combat, I doubt its on the dev's priority list.

frankincenseb

• View Profile
« Reply #356 on: February 25, 2015, 06:28:58 pm »
Thats why I dont loot anymore at all. I rely on these traders for 70% of my gear, the other 30% comes from those I kill. If people dont trade they will just stockpile everything until they have no place to put it. Then what happens?

You forget to mention the 10% of your gear you get from yours truly, lol.

we're not supposed to exploit it.

How can you? You still get the same amount of the item, but arranged differently.
Using that bug you can carry an infinite amount of mines/airstrikes/etc. Which is kinda OP.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2015, 06:42:00 pm by frankincenseb »

Elparanoico

• View Profile
« Reply #357 on: February 25, 2015, 11:13:41 pm »

Invisible stashes is a known issue since the beginning and I think ING hasn't been able to figure out why. If your stash is missing from the F8 menu, then it most likely got blown up

There's lots of loot areas outside the city. Have you looked at the loot map (F2)? For safezones, look at ING's 2nd last post.

Welcome to JC-MP :P. It can be improved with a custom damage script (somthing like Battle for Panau), but since the focus of this server is not on combat, I doubt its on the dev's priority list.
I doubt the stashes blew up considering they were inside a building I built and the doors hadn't been destroyed.

Yeah I've started noticing that there's actually a lot of high level loot outside the cities too. Though I think the city area is still the most packed place when it comes to high level loot. Regardless I kinda wish the action was more spread out.

Played in Battle of Panau for a while one day and I do remember the combat being much more functional. Personally wish they'd have a similar script in here too, because as of right now the combat is really unpredictable and it is an important part of the game for a lot of players, but it's not my decision.

Also random question, is it possible to blow up walls?

Edit: There seems to have been a lot of debate about noob protection. I think the starting safe zone should be outside a high level loot area like the city, because those places draw in high level players. Maybe the starting spawn should be close to villages or something and after some looting, you could find your first grapple hook and then head to the city or other places with high level loot. As for players who might want to level up by killing noobs(a lot of people don't though, because of the higher loot drop), maybe an xp system or something where your level advances less when killing low level players.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2015, 12:40:57 pm by Elparanoico »

frankincenseb

• View Profile
« Reply #358 on: February 26, 2015, 12:30:19 pm »
Hey, ING or harisalipk, quick questions about the hot air balloon at secret 3.
First, is its respawn timer really 15 minutes? For some reason I'm never able to find it there, even when there are very few players on the server.

Second, there's an issue with the keymapping of the balloon. Non-qwerty players are forced to use wasd, when their normal movement keys are different (zqsd in my case). Is this something that could be fixed?

Thanks in advance

crescentfresh

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: February 26, 2015, 11:40:22 pm »

Also random question, is it possible to blow up walls?

Edit: There seems to have been a lot of debate about noob protection. I think the starting safe zone should be outside a high level loot area like the city, because those places draw in high level players. Maybe the starting spawn should be close to villages or something and after some looting, you could find your first grapple hook and then head to the city or other places with high level loot. As for players who might want to level up by killing noobs(a lot of people don't though, because of the higher loot drop), maybe an xp system or something where your level advances less when killing low level players.

Yes, it takes 4c4 per block of wall.

I agree about a more simple starting zone so that they're not in a rich loot
centered area, and it wont draw as many high level players.

Also I came to post again to complain about amount of loot dropped....lol!

For anyone who feels like a hunt - - - -

-----------BOUNTIES------------
Shady----25 lockpicks
Dirtreef---40 lockpicks (clever, beware)
lIiIiIiIiIIiIiI---20 lockpicks
Shaxie------20 lockpicks
(must provide screenshots of death, inventory drop, and chat that you were killing for my bounty)
« Last Edit: February 27, 2015, 02:09:29 am by crescentfresh »