Currently the developers are putting their own money into JC2-MP to keep the servers online.

Please take a few seconds of your time and disable your AdBlock plugin for our website.

Ad revenue is not going to developers, it is used purely for covering our hosting costs.

You are also free to donate, which removes all ads from our website!

Patch 0.3 was just released! Full changelog here: https://t.co/4A50m6IKen

3 years ago

Advertisement
May 31, 2020, 08:40:09 pm

Author Topic: Survival District - Testserver  (Read 313832 times)

Elparanoico

• View Profile
Re: Survival District - Testserver
« Reply #375 on: March 02, 2015, 09:09:08 am »

I think trading in the safezone should not be allowed. If this is a survival environment then trading should be risky just like it is with looting the killing. But it may also completely eliminate trading (not good) because there is no trust amongst most players and you would most likely get shot on sight attempting to trade.
This

crescentfresh

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: March 02, 2015, 07:36:35 pm »
Since this topic of trading is becoming a large topic, here's my 2cents.

The main problem I think most people have with it, is the whole function of
the chat being used for constant trading.

Solution:
Chat by players in the safezone, won't be heard outside that
specific city district. Most of the request to buy and sell (90%) is
done in that area, so it will be easy to get away from the chat in that sense.
As for the new players joining, there should still be enough players around the starting point
to offer answers to questions or to refer to the guide. Maybe every 5 minutes, there could be
a repeating message pointing new players to the steam guide.

Alternate Solution: A trade chat channel, although it will be hard to get people using it,
unless we can appoint a few veteran players control to mute the player for a certain durration
if they keep using global chat for trade.

When it comes to trading ruining exploration/development/hardwork/initial experience, I can see how you would think that way, but it's how it is. I honestly think it helps new players because of the
level of ignorance and fear they have when joining for the first time, hence all the idiotic questions "How do I loot, where to find items, how to get out of safe zone, what do I do?" A lot of players need their hand held and don't want to do anything uncomfortable. Strangely.

Warren123

• View Profile
« Reply #377 on: March 03, 2015, 01:21:42 am »
Hi everyone,
I have some suggestions for you ING, I know you might not be able to get to all or any of them.. but just something you can consider.

1. Allow the huge plane (bering) carry more players and open up in the back to carry vehicles ect.
2. Give players the option whether a friend can open your own stashes or not/see landclaim.
3. Add more building items in the game, which is pretty obvious.
4. Trading system which others have stated before, but maybe have like a trade screen between players so there is no complaining of scamming.
5. Higher level upgrades (Past level 20)

That's all for now that I can think of. I'll post more as I think of more. Thanks for the great server and its good to see you came back!

~Warren

Die-NastY

• View Profile
« Reply #378 on: March 03, 2015, 10:29:05 am »
Hey fellow citizens of Panau,

Harris, ING, great work on the mod so far, been enjoying it a lot lately. Great game to cooldown after CSGO! :P

I'd lilke to suggest instead of opening chat and clicking 'Local' everytime, to just be able to type e.g. '/L' for local chat. Just like how you would whisper someone with the command '/W'.

And is there an updated version of the 'Loot Map'? That shows you all the loot spots on the map ?
If so can u link me?

P.s Is it possible for friends to dismount your locked stashes ?

Omega-BLK

• View Profile
« Reply #379 on: March 03, 2015, 10:47:21 am »
Since the update it seems the keyboard keys have been fixed but this created a new problem. When chatting, the "E" button is not disbled like it use to be, so typing anything with an "e" in it will cause you to exit a vehicle mid air in my case. I lost a topachula to this. I confirmed this by standing near my stash enabling chat and pressing "e" and the stash opened up. Please fix this man, its brutal.

frankincenseb

• View Profile
« Reply #380 on: March 03, 2015, 06:22:07 pm »
Since the update it seems the keyboard keys have been fixed but this created a new problem. When chatting, the "E" button is not disbled like it use to be, so typing anything with an "e" in it will cause you to exit a vehicle mid air in my case. I lost a topachula to this. I confirmed this by standing near my stash enabling chat and pressing "e" and the stash opened up. Please fix this man, its brutal.

The "E makes you exit your vehicle" issue is far older than the recent fix. It happens when you have the chat window open, and alt-tab or click outside of the JC2-MP window, and then got back to the game and type in the chat. This has happened to me a lot of times before the bug.
Pressing e in the chat while near a stash (or in the balloon) has also always had that effect as well.

crescentfresh

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: March 04, 2015, 12:08:26 am »

Hi everyone,
I have some suggestions for you ING, I know you might not be able to get to all or any of them.. but just something you can consider.

1. Allow the huge plane (bering) carry more players and open up in the back to carry vehicles ect.
2. Give players the option whether a friend can open your own stashes or not/see landclaim.
3. Add more building items in the game, which is pretty obvious.
4. Trading system which others have stated before, but maybe have like a trade screen between players so there is no complaining of scamming.
5. Higher level upgrades (Past level 20)

That's all for now that I can think of. I'll post more as I think of more. Thanks for the great server and its good to see you came back!

~Warren
1. Many scripters have tried to introduce more seats, but I doubt it can happen, unfortunately.
2. This would be awesome, or you could already include those parameters in a second type of friends list, as well as a friend tab, have an ally tab, who's only purpose is to show location on screen/minimap. People who you don't want to fight, but dont completely trust either.
3. Yes, people need brush to hide their stash houses, it's too obvious. For the bases that are
3.2km up in the sky...no need lol.
4. That would be nice but I feel it would take away more necessary development time for other things.
5. YES YES YES! (Although without dropping all of your inventory)

Hey fellow citizens of Panau,

I'd lilke to suggest instead of opening chat and clicking 'Local' everytime, to just be able to type e.g. '/L' for local chat. Just like how you would whisper someone with the command '/W'.

And is there an updated version of the 'Loot Map'? That shows you all the loot spots on the map ?
If so can u link me?

P.s Is it possible for friends to dismount your locked stashes ?

Great idea about the local chat command Nasty!

IMO, ...I like having loot areas that are non-highlighted to encourage more investigation, but that's just me. Also, the two villages in the center of the tropics that are highlighted, the upper right one does not contain loot.

Is is not possible for them to dismount your locked stashes.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2015, 12:13:36 am by crescentfresh »

Die-NastY

• View Profile
« Reply #382 on: March 04, 2015, 05:33:16 am »

Is is not possible for them to dismount your locked stashes.

Hmm strange than I got raided, blew up 1 stash after getting into it and someone just closed my own doors

frankincenseb

• View Profile
« Reply #383 on: March 05, 2015, 11:31:13 am »
Hey, uh, sorry to ask this, but is it really not possible to build airbases any longer?

Arachin

• View Profile
« Reply #384 on: March 05, 2015, 02:02:55 pm »
Around 1:00pm GMT today the recently placed walls of my house vanished and my spawn reset... was there a rollback?

crescentfresh

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: March 05, 2015, 08:57:44 pm »
Hey, uh, sorry to ask this, but is it really not possible to build airbases any longer?

If so, NOTHING can prevent me from pillaging everyone's valuables, MWA AH AH AH AH!

Also, TIL that people can layer walls ontop of each other....RIP C4.
Please fix, ING.

Also on a serious note, helicopters (or maybe it was just this specific time) can shoot through the SZ barrier and damage players, I got taken to half health in the middle of the safe zone from the chopper's mini guns. He might have been sticking the nose of the chopper inside, I am not sure.

RealityRed

• View Profile
« Reply #386 on: March 08, 2015, 11:56:01 am »
Updates?

Omega-BLK

• View Profile
« Reply #387 on: March 08, 2015, 01:52:42 pm »
So has the topachula been removed from the game or has the spawn location changed?

harisalipk

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: March 08, 2015, 06:03:58 pm »
Spawn location changed

crescentfresh

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: March 10, 2015, 12:02:01 am »
Issue report:
-Rockets will explode on water surface but will not harm
players treading water, even if hitting them direct (or at least 1 foot away)
-A lot more stashes are now showing up invisible in places where they once
were visible.
-(possible issue) Frequency of flare spawns are making other
loot less frequent (especially g-launch ammo/rockets)
..I looted a bunch more, rotating around the same loot areas,
and would at least get a few, instead of constant grappling hooks
-I don't think that players should be able to use blast ping, when they
are stunned and recovering from the same attack.

New item suggestions:
"stacked stash" [rare] -
>Either - stacks items according to level
or
           - Stacks explosives x2 and other items doubled on slot stacking

Radar Jammer - When activated, you do not show up on radar,
and pinging checks give the pinger unreliable positions that are inaccurate.