Currently the developers are putting their own money into JC2-MP to keep the servers online.

Please take a few seconds of your time and disable your AdBlock plugin for our website.

Ad revenue is not going to developers, it is used purely for covering our hosting costs.

You are also free to donate, which removes all ads from our website!

Patch 0.3 was just released! Full changelog here: https://t.co/4A50m6IKen

3 years ago

Advertisement
July 03, 2020, 09:11:47 pm

Author Topic: Survival District - Testserver  (Read 320723 times)

Bartacula

• View Profile
Re: Survival District - Testserver
« Reply #480 on: May 12, 2015, 03:39:43 pm »
It sucks because, I saw an airbase in ice where everything worked :(
If there was a fix for this in anyway, it would be great!

The tables dont work aswell ;)

MercyakaSlowres

• View Profile
« Reply #481 on: May 12, 2015, 03:52:57 pm »
It sucks because, I saw an airbase in ice where everything worked :(
If there was a fix for this in anyway, it would be great!

The tables dont work aswell ;)
  in my port, too "is not working" table :) I can not make a luxury restaurant for VIP persons :o ING, and other ppls ::)

Omega-BLK

• View Profile
« Reply #482 on: May 13, 2015, 12:13:00 am »
Thermal Vest - Would be less efficient than a military vest, would not give a bonus slot, but is as effective as one firepit near you

I love the thermal vest idea, would definately be good one to add to the game. If the dehydration gets added I wonder if we would get a "wet vest" or something (name debatable).

Have one slot in each of the 4 sections which would be permanent and you would not drop on dying. If not in all 4, at least survival and supplies

I have been championing the 1 undroppable slot idea for a while. I lose 30+ items when I die so this would really do some justice to high level players, even as a reward for leveling up. Im still waiting for those april/may rewards you talked about ING. Still waiting...

Loot Drop Crate- There are toooo many items, and toooo many rare ones that looting is pretty useless when less people are online because of the higher respawn rate. Will contain rare items, and it (maybe) spawns randomly. THe location of drop would be made public 10 minutes before the drop off. This would make playing fun and add another survival element

While I have suggested this before, considering how things are going in the server I foresee 2 problems.

1.) Murderous SOBs like me will show up and many will die, many will only go there to donate their death drops to my ilk, ING wont like this and my ilk will get badly punished in some form of an update or noob protection, this will defeat the purpose of said drop by either allowing only noobs to take the drop or if ING does nothing, allow only high levels to take everything. Slippery slope this one.

2.) Clans camping the drop location. IC is a large clan, imagine what would happen if a bunch of them just camped the drop zone and killed anything that came along? Im not saying that IC would, but large groups could definately pull off a king of the hill.

ING is the ONLY one working on this server with the little time he has, so have patience.

He should really let us donate so he can hire some help, I have been singing this song though... :-\

Hi, i am sorta new to survival district but i am thinking that maybe there should be a stash, that like locked stashes and other stashes store items, but also when they are in there and you put batteries it maybe heals the items. i just think it might be a good idea.

I must buy you a beer, juice if you're underage.
CAN WE PLEASE HAVE THIS?
I promise to stop killing everything that moves if we get this.

Can we also have a scuba diving item? Some us have deep sea bases, by the time you get to them you only have 55% air left... So yeah... Scuba gear please?

harisalipk

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: May 13, 2015, 01:38:23 am »
Thermal Vest - Would be less efficient than a military vest, would not give a bonus slot, but is as effective as one firepit near you

I love the thermal vest idea, would definately be good one to add to the game. If the dehydration gets added I wonder if we would get a "wet vest" or something (name debatable).

Or you know just drink more water...

Hi, i am sorta new to survival district but i am thinking that maybe there should be a stash, that like locked stashes and other stashes store items, but also when they are in there and you put batteries it maybe heals the items. i just think it might be a good idea.

I must buy you a beer, juice if you're underage.
CAN WE PLEASE HAVE THIS?
I promise to stop killing everything that moves if we get this.

IMO, If you loot regularly like you're suppose to, you shouldn't need such an item. I have to throw away my low health items because I find new ones often (except rocketgrapple).

Omega-BLK

• View Profile
« Reply #484 on: May 13, 2015, 11:37:11 am »
IMO, If you loot regularly like you're suppose to, you shouldn't need such an item. I have to throw away my low health items because I find new ones often (except rocketgrapple).

This item is squarely aimed at rocketgrapples since they are so hard to find, I usually just kill for them if I see someone using one. But this would really do some good in the game, it can be extremely rare if necessary.

The thirst rate is already a problem to keep up with, imagine adding dehydration on top of that. Not many players really carry that much water with them. It just takes up too much space. But if we have something like upgradable backpacks, then it would be viable.

MercyakaSlowres

• View Profile
« Reply #485 on: May 14, 2015, 12:32:19 am »
Who can tell how the notification of the murder of the turret? constantly when I go to the game appear a message 10-20. you killed "Player 228" 20times .... he came into the truth 20 times on my base?) something like this          http://postimg.org/image/blsixhr1z/
« Last Edit: May 14, 2015, 03:59:43 am by MercyakaSlowres »

harisalipk

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: May 14, 2015, 12:51:27 am »

This item is squarely aimed at rocketgrapples since they are so hard to find, I usually just kill for them if I see someone using one. But this would really do some good in the game, it can be extremely rare if necessary.

The thirst rate is already a problem to keep up with, imagine adding dehydration on top of that. Not many players really carry that much water with them. It just takes up too much space. But if we have something like upgradable backpacks, then it would be viable.

Why even have item health or introduce dehydration then when they would be followed by a convenient item that counters its effect? I think both these items are not necessary and would only add to the already crowded inventory slots and lootboxes. I would suggest countering dehydration in absence of water by just getting in your vehicle or jump in the water rather than having some magic vest.

Thirst rate is not a problem, it would be if players can't find a reasonable amount of water and are dying because of it. As it is now, you can visit a few gas stations and you're good to go. If that's not possible for whatever reason, then maybe you should make room for it in your inventory or your stashes because its an essential item. A single slot with 8 water bottles goes a long way if you're smart. Really, who would not carry enough water (and essential item to survival) in a survival game?

Increasing inventory size (or any limit in the game) is not going solve anything. How much do you increase by? 1, 2 or 5 slots? some may then argue that that is not enough, so while we're at it why not make it unlimited? The restrictions are there for a reason which is to enforce a survival environment. You're suppose to have limited resources, good stuff is hard to find, and having to do a bit of struggle should be expected, and you should really manage your inventory better.

Correct me if I'm wrong, it seems to me like your concerns are mostly centred around you not being able to play the game like you want to (which is far from survival). Really, you should be adjusting your gameplay to fit the gamemode and not the other way around. You would have a much better time and not get frustrated with every change that introduces survival elements.

Omega-BLK

• View Profile
« Reply #487 on: May 15, 2015, 01:21:55 pm »
Correct me if I'm wrong, it seems to me like your concerns are mostly centred around you not being able to play the game like you want to (which is far from survival). Really, you should be adjusting your gameplay to fit the gamemode and not the other way around. You would have a much better time and not get frustrated with every change that introduces survival elements.

Kind of ironic that you would say the game is a survival game but yet so many changes were introduced to protect the lesser experienced players while at the same time culling the killing proficiency of veterans. If the aim was survival, things like noob protection and neutral zone would not exist. Surviving other players is inherantly part of the game, we can not say surviving the elements should be the only aspect of the "survival" game, there must be odds stacked against you, and nothing works better than other players who are better geared than you.

Considering the amount of hand holding that has been introduced over the past few changes, what is so wrong with a little more? Its not such a bad idea. Speaking of unlimited slots, why not just get rid of weapons altogether instead of noob protection and neutral zone. Turn it into simcity fulltime.

I have adapted to the changes time after time, i love this server so i will probably keep coming back despite changes i dont like. My real frustration is that we are being steered into a specific style of gameplay in a sandbox game. Defeats the purpose of a sandbox though in my opinion.

One more complaint... The Bering.
I love this plane but the airport it spawns at is quite a pain to deal with. There is a tree on the right hand that clips the right wing and sends the plane spinning or explodes it entirely. Even after clearing this tree at slow speed, further down the runway there are trees on the left that do the same thing, and if you manage to not clip them, the runway is pretty damn short, you literaly take off with enough room to only miss the trees at the end of the runway. The desert mountain airport does not have this issue at all, could the spawn possibly be moved there? Or the airport in the north east of the map?
« Last Edit: May 15, 2015, 04:13:46 pm by Omega-BLK »

harisalipk

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: May 16, 2015, 12:42:53 am »

Kind of ironic that you would say the game is a survival game but yet so many changes were introduced to protect the lesser experienced players while at the same time culling the killing proficiency of veterans. If the aim was survival, things like noob protection and neutral zone would not exist. Surviving other players is inherantly part of the game, we can not say surviving the elements should be the only aspect of the "survival" game, there must be odds stacked against you, and nothing works better than other players who are better geared than you.

Of course killing is inherent part of the game, but is restricted just like anything else. I agree that noob protection and neutral zone shouldn't be in the game, but unfortunately they are required in the game's current state to prevent excessive and unnecessary behaviour.

I have adapted to the changes time after time, i love this server so i will probably keep coming back despite changes i dont like. My real frustration is that we are being steered into a specific style of gameplay in a sandbox game. Defeats the purpose of a sandbox though in my opinion.

I don't even know what to say. Are you saying survival district is a sandbox or jcmp is? I don't think anything is worth discussing anymore because obviously our understanding of what a survival game is, or what a sandbox is, or even how jcmp works is completely different.

One more complaint... The Bering.
I love this plane but the airport it spawns at is quite a pain to deal with. There is a tree on the right hand that clips the right wing and sends the plane spinning or explodes it entirely. Even after clearing this tree at slow speed, further down the runway there are trees on the left that do the same thing, and if you manage to not clip them, the runway is pretty damn short, you literaly take off with enough room to only miss the trees at the end of the runway. The desert mountain airport does not have this issue at all, could the spawn possibly be moved there? Or the airport in the north east of the map?

I'll add one there temporarily.

blackhawk11232

• View Profile
« Reply #489 on: May 17, 2015, 08:41:08 pm »
can u unban me plz

RektStyle

• View Profile
« Reply #490 on: May 17, 2015, 08:53:28 pm »
Earlier today i was banned due to a rocket glitch. I understood why i was banned and i went onto my alt planning not to do it again. But for some reason i was banned on my alt. Im here (as loads of ppl i can see) to ask for an unban. Im very sorry for abusing the glitch. i will not do it again. I really do enjoy this server :) I have more hours in this server than any other game haha. I wish for an unban on my main account: Thunderbird. I was banned on TotalAtom6 (notice the A lol) and than i moved onto my main account.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2015, 03:09:02 am by RektStyle »

Omega-BLK

• View Profile
« Reply #491 on: May 18, 2015, 01:05:09 am »
Thank you for the new spawn Haris, much appreciated  ;D

How about we make a seperate "Please unban me" topic for all these guys, seems like alot of them are making appeals. Wouldn't hurt to have a dedicated topic for them, they could confess their crimes in full and only the honest would be forgiven. Just an idea. I assume it beats the amount of PMs Haris and ING get about this issue.

XXBadSmeagol

• View Profile
« Reply #492 on: May 18, 2015, 09:03:31 pm »
Sorry for my bad english.
Today was patch and radiation is much much stronger that before, freezing is stronger too but this is ok, you can enter to heli or something else.
But when you go to the carnival you must have 10+ pills to drop like 3/4 boxes.
Whats your opinion guys?

Omega-BLK

• View Profile
« Reply #493 on: May 18, 2015, 11:52:18 pm »
The radiation and freezing is insane now, but i like the challenge it poses. But i noticed today if u log out while freezing and log in again, you die immediately, this happened twice to me. Is it normal? The desert dehydration has been added but no wet vest :'( and I was really hoping to see this, but overall best update in a while.

Also while I was in my plane, i kept freezing. I eventually died even though i had spent 2min in it waiting to warm up. I spawned ryt where I died. No death drop. This happened twice.

While I was driving my car i hit a wall at about 40kmh, the build item wall btw, my car exploded and i died. I spawned ryt where I died and no death drop.

Today while flying my Bering, I took off from location A and flew to location B, landed and logged out. Logged in later and tried to spawn my Bering, but it was now back at location A while I was at location B. None of my friends flew it back, none were online and it was a remote location. This specific glitch has happened to me 4 times now since the update and its annoying as heck because it leaves me stranded in the middle of nowhere.

The Bering kill detection (warranty not included) is still not working, i rolled a whole bunch of ppl today and not a single one was detected.

BN

• View Profile
« Reply #494 on: May 19, 2015, 12:18:07 pm »
I know this is a topic that has been discussed previously, but it's still such a big part of the game too be flawed. And with this i mean the level system.  :o

I do not have any great solutions to propose, since I do understand that the majority on your server is below level 20, and struggles to reach even that. Still, you have those who passed level 20 a long time ago.

One suggestion might be to keep giving rewards till lvl 20. After that, you won't get any more rewards (or it could be smaller rewards that doesn't really effect the gameplay much) but you still get a notice every time you've reached a new level. Also, since there are no more rewards after lvl 20, there should neither be an increase in deathdrop. This will at least keep some of the fun for high lvl players and make it more fair.

The best part would of course be if we could see the levels (or kills) of other players, as we could before ;)

I love the server, and I do hope you take some of this under consideration  ;D