Currently the developers are putting their own money into JC2-MP to keep the servers online.

Please take a few seconds of your time and disable your AdBlock plugin for our website.

Ad revenue is not going to developers, it is used purely for covering our hosting costs.

You are also free to donate, which removes all ads from our website!

Patch 0.3 was just released! Full changelog here: https://t.co/4A50m6IKen

3 years ago

Advertisement
May 31, 2020, 09:30:30 pm

Author Topic: Survival District - Testserver  (Read 313858 times)

Epies

• View Profile
Re: Survival District - Testserver
« Reply #615 on: July 15, 2015, 03:53:29 pm »
Any chance we can get an anti combat logging system implemented? A fix as simple as a 5 second timer like in DayZ would be enough. The amount of times people combat log when I'm about to kill them is very annoying.

Lord_Farquaad

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #616 on: July 15, 2015, 07:07:53 pm »
When people log, I'm fairly sure that it leaves a small indicator on the ground showing where they left and who it was for a few seconds.  You can use this information to plant mines and whatnot for when they comeback (unless it was in the air).

Yessir

• View Profile
« Reply #617 on: July 15, 2015, 07:35:43 pm »
Here is the story:  I started about 3 weeks ago.  I rarely ever entered chat, and when I did, it was to sell something - a recent sale post is where MytraKytra started harassing, trolling, and bombing me.  The server chat logs will prove more to the point.  Many times I asked MytraKytra, PinkFlufyUnicorn, a few other PK clan players, and N523DG to stop harassing myself and other players (mainly me).  I believe they kept at it because I actually verbally fought back - which is NOT trolling, it is defending.  This all started when I posted I have 100s of level 5 walls for 12lp each, as someone was offering to pay 2lp per wall; the math is 10lp, at that rate + labor; there is no set price for items in the server, right?  Anyhow, MytraKytra kept harassing me for almost 4 hours; unlike some players, I did not rage quit, I kept playing - or was trying to at least.  I would mute MytraKytra and others and they would unmute themselves somehow - this happened many, many times (real signs of a bona fide troll).  Additionally, a few days ago, a few players (6, I think) were killed by MytraKytra and they called him a hacker.  A few steam friends of mine were messaging me, one said he shot MytraKytra with 8 rockets and countless MG rounds and MytraKytra responded in chat "lol, cant kill me".  MytraKytra has even stated he hacks by use, when confronted, he uses the  =)  emoticon.  Additionally, PinkFluflyUnicorn states he/she hacks, but "does not use them".  In a different screencap, PinkFlufyUnicorn is said to use exploits. Furthermore, some players use other glitches for other purposes... finding them is cool, using them to your benefit is the same as cheating, and exploiting is the same as hacking.
The aforementioned denotes how obstinate trolls really are, and more so, since the server does not have any active moderators, it really shows how obstinate the admin is in dealing with such problems.

These players, the issues they bring to other players that just want to play and not be harassed, need to be dealt with, as their actions are in violation of Steam Online Conduct rule #s 6, 7, and 10.  Steam ToS rule #4, para. 2, line 1.

Unfortunately I cannot add screencaps because of the image size maximum.  If it were not for this, I would have 15 screencaps to show here.   It is really nice to be a grown-up and have a nice PC that my screencaps are 1MB+ each, and get 80FPS in the server.
With all this said, admin really needs to conduct some sort of age verification for the server.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2015, 11:58:34 pm by Yessir »

Epies

• View Profile
« Reply #618 on: July 15, 2015, 08:40:56 pm »
@Lord_Farquaad

I know about the indicator and I do often plant mines at the spot they log out at, but it shouldn't be necessary. It's simply unfair for someone to log out to avoid death and it's something that can easily be fixed by implementing a combat timer when you get shot at like in DayZ.

Omega-BLK

• View Profile
« Reply #619 on: July 15, 2015, 11:10:13 pm »
Player radars still dont work unfortunately.

Here is the story...

I applaud your calm and collected manner of addressing your issue. A rare thing on the internet. Unicorn is a known and much loved troll/sociopath and most regular players are used to him and his tendencies. He is a nice guy if you give him a chance and not take his taunts seriously.

As for Mytra, your case can only be helped by supplying the relevant evidence. Chat logs are inadmissible, many players admit to hacking purely to further infuriate their victims. Video evidence of Mytra's godmode is the only thing that could suffice to make your case. He said, she said, seldom works on this server.

In closing, hit detection is moderately bad, you could empty an MG clip into someones head who is not moving and you wouldn't do damage, but they could shoot you once with a revolver and kill you. The longer you play on this server the more you will run into these phenomena.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2015, 11:22:59 pm by Omega-BLK »

harisalipk

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #620 on: July 16, 2015, 03:39:43 am »
Unfortunately I cannot add screencaps because of the image size maximum.  If it were not for this, I would have 15 screencaps to show here.

Use an external image host: http://imgur.com/

If you have a complaint about a player, pm me with screenshots/videos or any other proof.

Shug0

• View Profile
« Reply #621 on: July 16, 2015, 10:27:38 am »
Hello everyone, I'm now playing on this server for 2 weeks and I really love it. The gaming experience is just awesome (if we forgot the hitbox detection wich is shit) !

But....

Does the main dev will adding more functionnality or stay in state ? I mean.. Future update. I don't want to build something on a server who dying...

(Sorry for bad english  ::) )

BDQ

• View Profile
« Reply #622 on: July 16, 2015, 11:04:17 am »
Hello, I got a ban on the server. How can I fix it ??? Thanks in advance.

Trap

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #623 on: July 16, 2015, 12:54:40 pm »
For some reason Player Radars still do not work

Shug0

• View Profile
« Reply #624 on: July 16, 2015, 02:29:11 pm »

There is a radar item ? :o ...

Like Mine Detector but for player ? ow..

Trap

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #625 on: July 16, 2015, 02:46:12 pm »

There is a radar item ? :o ...

Like Mine Detector but for player ? ow..

Yes there is

And btw ING can you increase build limit? i'v hit my build limit twice now xD i don't know what else i can pick up to place more walls

Shug0

• View Profile
« Reply #626 on: July 16, 2015, 04:59:20 pm »
A craft tools with basic materials will be awesome btw  8)

- Metal
- Wood
- Stone
- Gears
- String
- Fiber

1 Grapplehook = 1 Metal + 1 String
1 RocketGrapple = 5 Metal + 10 String + 2 Gears

Omega-BLK

• View Profile
« Reply #627 on: July 16, 2015, 06:33:00 pm »
A craft tools with basic materials will be awesome btw  8) ...

While I fully understand where you are going with this idea, please do enlighten me what you intend to do with 1 Metal and 1 String in a server full of trigger happy bandits?

Shug0

• View Profile
« Reply #628 on: July 16, 2015, 11:04:38 pm »
A craft tools with basic materials will be awesome btw  8) ...

While I fully understand where you are going with this idea, please do enlighten me what you intend to do with 1 Metal and 1 String in a server full of trigger happy bandits?

FISHING ! WHAT ELSE !

frankincenseb

• View Profile
« Reply #629 on: July 16, 2015, 11:21:47 pm »
IMO there are already too many different kinds of items. This would confuse the game even more.