Currently the developers are putting their own money into JC2-MP to keep the servers online.

Please take a few seconds of your time and disable your AdBlock plugin for our website.

Ad revenue is not going to developers, it is used purely for covering our hosting costs.

You are also free to donate, which removes all ads from our website!

Patch 0.3 was just released! Full changelog here: https://t.co/4A50m6IKen

3 years ago

Advertisement
May 26, 2020, 06:05:20 pm

Author Topic: Survival District - Testserver  (Read 311848 times)

Epies

• View Profile
Re: Survival District - Testserver
« Reply #765 on: August 12, 2015, 01:06:39 pm »
I dont see that happening anytime soon. If this did get implimented, me being lvl100+ would be rather OP compared to others so I can see why ING hasnt implimented such, it kinda disincentivises mindless mass murder like I once use to commit. So until there is a way to balance it real well for the already existing high level guys, its going to instantly OP the veterans of the server. What I would like to see return though is kill and death counts. Maybe then unnerfing of the radar too.

I agree with you, but I don't think it's a bad idea to add more rewards. It can be nerfed down simply by making the rewards every 2 or 5 levels, and instead of overpowered rewards it can be useful QOL rewards. Some QOL updates like stackable C4 would be amazing, or even an extra slot in locked stashes (13) would help. Besides, they don't have to add rewards all the way up to level 100, but up to 50 for example would be a good start.

Not that many people are above level 20 anyway, but those who are only have the downside of losing way more items than others. So why not add a few more rewards to compensate for the huge amount of items dropped? Seems only fair.

harisalipk

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #766 on: August 12, 2015, 08:52:26 pm »
More rewards would definitely be nice, but I think the level system needs a revamp first. The current level system made sense for when there wasn't much to do outside the financial district. There's much more to do now in SD and players can be rewarded for more than just killing.

So here's my suggestion:

I think leveling up should use a point system where you are rewarded and penalized by survival points.

You get points for:

- Killing (the higher level player you kill, more points you get)

- Self defense (killing a trespasser on your landclaim)

- Discovering loot (there are thousands of lootboxes around the map and I think someone who makes an effort to find them should be rewarded)

- Discovering players' houses or bases.

- How long you can stay alive

Penalize points for:

- Getting killed by enemy mines or turrets

- Dying from thirst, hunger, freezing dehydration or radiation.

- Dying by falling, crashing your vehicles

- Killing yourself (with your own explosives or mines, including committing suicide!)

- Triggering safezone or neutral zone defense.

- Combat logging

These are the major ones I can think of. What do you think?

Trap

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #767 on: August 12, 2015, 11:02:07 pm »
More rewards would definitely be nice, but I think the level system needs a revamp first. The current level system made sense for when there wasn't much to do outside the financial district. There's much more to do now in SD and players can be rewarded for more than just killing.

So here's my suggestion:

I think leveling up should use a point system where you are rewarded and penalized by survival points.

You get points for:

- Discovering loot (there are thousands of lootboxes around the map and I think someone who makes an effort to find them should be rewarded)

Penalize points for:

- Killing yourself (with your own explosives or mines, including committing suicide!)

- Combat logging

With this suggestion i can reach rank 500 instant i know aroud 500 stashes around the map, killing trepassers very easy, killing high rank players might be a chalenge sometimes , finding bases aint no problem either but on the down size which is the most common thing committing suicide and dying from thirst. But overall i guess i agree xD, i think ING is intelligent enough to fix complex problems but suggestions would lower the pressure on him

Techinator14

• View Profile
« Reply #768 on: August 13, 2015, 12:56:57 am »
Around 10 minutes ago me and my friend t22om were playing on survival district when all of a sudden i was banned with the caption 'you are banned'... i received absolutely no reason as to why and i had done nothing wrong to receive such actions...I was at that point receiving horrendous ping and could barley move on my screen when i shot one i shot 10 times because of the lag i dont know if this could have anything to do with the issue. me and my friend love playing on the server and i would like this to be resolved asap...

My ingame username is Techinator14

thanks

Epies

• View Profile
« Reply #769 on: August 13, 2015, 01:47:46 am »

You get points for:

-Discovering loot (there are thousands of lootboxes around the map and I think someone who makes aneffort to find them should be rewarded)

Penalize points for:

- Combat logging

I think those suggestions are great but what do you think about getting points based on the rarity of the item(s) looted? And I feel like there shouldn't be a penalty for /suicide and /kill but instead lose points for every death (including physics, 'cause rocketlaunchers).

Other than that I agree and a big fat effin YES for combat logging penalty (maybe even an anti combat logger *hint hint*  ;D)

Kawaii

• View Profile
« Reply #770 on: August 13, 2015, 01:47:56 am »

So here's my suggestion:

You get points for:

Penalize points for:

- Combat logging

With this suggestion i can reach rank 500 instant i know aroud 500 stashes around the map, killing trepassers very easy, killing high rank players might be a chalenge sometimes , finding bases aint no problem either but on the down size which is the most common thing committing suicide and dying from thirst. But overall i guess i agree xD, i think ING is intelligent enough to fix complex problems but suggestions would lower the pressure on him

Sure you can be high level/rank but you can also be low level/rank this way it can go either up or down and I really like that option. I think it's a really good idea and look forward to seeing progress  ;D

frankincenseb

• View Profile
« Reply #771 on: August 13, 2015, 08:53:16 am »
Stackable c4 would break the game, unless the explosives stack bug gets fixed. It's not much of a problem with mines or airstrikes, but being able to carry unlimited C4 would be insane.

Stacking EVACs tho...

Trap

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #772 on: August 13, 2015, 12:07:53 pm »
Stackable c4 would break the game, unless the explosives stack bug gets fixed. It's not much of a problem with mines or airstrikes, but being able to carry unlimited C4 would be insane.

Stacking EVACs tho...

Stack able C4 is something that i want but i think that's gonna be a game braking implantation.
Also of what Haris suggested it must be balanced because the points are very easy to come by at least for me!

Flexology

• View Profile
« Reply #773 on: August 13, 2015, 02:36:19 pm »

So here's my suggestion:

You get points for:

Penalize points for:

- Combat logging

I am pretty sure he meant "points" not "ranks"
It can still be 10 points to a rank(can be debatable to 50 points per rank which is more legit and realistic. Or it can use some EXP formula, probably square, like pokemon uses cube + 1. So 1 point to lvl1, 4 to lvl2, 9 to lvl3, 16 to lvl4, 25 to lvl5, 36 to lvl6..... 400 to lvl20. But this is again debatable)
Assigning points and formula would take some time and trials, these are just suggestions, its upto ING to implement and chalk out a more realistic formula.

Trap

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #774 on: August 13, 2015, 02:42:24 pm »

So here's my suggestion:

You get points for:

Penalize points for:

- Combat logging

I am pretty sure he meant "points" not "ranks"
It can still be 10 points to a rank(can be debatable to 50 points per rank which is more legit and realistic. Or it can use some EXP formula, probably square, like pokemon uses cube + 1. So 1 point to lvl1, 4 to lvl2, 9 to lvl3, 16 to lvl4, 25 to lvl5, 36 to lvl6..... 400 to lvl20. But this is again debatable)
Assigning points and formula would take some time and trials, these are just suggestions, its upto ING to implement and chalk out a more realistic formula.

Yeah , i meant points because high experienced players like me , and Flex , and many others can easily come by many many many points according to Hari's suggestion. New comers or not highly experienced players will not come by these points as fast , and would prefer killing over these points as killing is faster , and easier!

Combat Logging detection system will only result in unnecessary lag for the server.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2015, 03:05:55 pm by Remarkable »

Epies

• View Profile
« Reply #775 on: August 13, 2015, 04:31:44 pm »
Instead of stackable items in the inventory maybe a change could be implenented to allow some items to stack in stashes only, because we simply don't have enough storage space.

I doubt combat logging system would bring lag to the server, and it surely isn't unnecessary.. it's unfair, and unsportmanlike conduct.

Trap

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #776 on: August 13, 2015, 05:41:40 pm »
Instead of stackable items in the inventory maybe a change could be implenented to allow some items to stack in stashes only, because we simply don't have enough storage space.

I doubt combat logging system would bring lag to the server, and it surely isn't unnecessary.. it's unfair, and unsportmanlike conduct.

It will cause lag because the only way to know if your in a combat is to check for your health, and health isn't something that the server checks for as it's client sided , and if you place such a system on the server it will cause the system to check for every single player health every single second which will surely cause load to the server, and to implant a system that checks for your health dramatically , and for received damage isn't a easy thing to do at all.

Asking for stack able C4 only in Stashes is the same as asking stack able C4 in General. I "think" the purpose of having non-stackable C4 is to discourage raiding bases.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2015, 05:44:16 pm by Remarkable »

Omega-BLK

• View Profile
« Reply #777 on: August 13, 2015, 06:23:23 pm »
Stackable C4 is a monumentally bad idea, period.

I am definately supporting QOL type rewards.

Water stacks to 15
Cans of food stack to 10
1 or 2 extra slots
30% lockpick discount on vehicles
2 to 5 extra stashes/vehicles
More damage protection from vests
Extended parachute and grapple lifespan
Resistance to dehydration or cold or radiation
Longer battery lifespan
Ping range expanded to 10km max

Just some of the things I would love to have :)

And the last one, QUICK STICK C4!!! I would love for this to make a comeback as a very high level reward though.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2015, 06:27:14 pm by Omega-BLK »

Trap

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #778 on: August 13, 2015, 06:40:45 pm »
Stackable C4 is a monumentally bad idea, period.

I am definately supporting QOL type rewards.

Water stacks to 15
Cans of food stack to 10
1 or 2 extra slots
30% lockpick discount on vehicles
2 to 5 extra stashes/vehicles
More damage protection from vests
Extended parachute and grapple lifespan
Resistance to dehydration or cold or radiation
Longer battery lifespan
Ping range expanded to 10km max

Just some of the things I would love to have :)

And the last one, QUICK STICK C4!!! I would love for this to make a comeback as a very high level reward though.

Also don't forget the Bering kill registration! I demand Kill Registery! xD
P.S i am being serious about Bering having it's kills registered!

frankincenseb

• View Profile
« Reply #779 on: August 13, 2015, 07:53:01 pm »
Wait... Ping range got limited? Nooooo