Currently the developers are putting their own money into JC2-MP to keep the servers online.

Please take a few seconds of your time and disable your AdBlock plugin for our website.

Ad revenue is not going to developers, it is used purely for covering our hosting costs.

You are also free to donate, which removes all ads from our website!

Patch 0.3 was just released! Full changelog here: https://t.co/4A50m6IKen

3 years ago

Advertisement
May 25, 2020, 01:25:19 pm

Author Topic: Survival District - Testserver  (Read 311277 times)

Rexun

• Donator
    • View Profile
Re: Survival District - Testserver
« Reply #885 on: September 29, 2015, 10:54:34 am »
The whisper button on the F6 player list need only be used once (per person) though. After this, you can use Haris' suggestion, and the up/down arrows will allow you to re-whisper that person. And because the whisper buttons use the players' IDs rather than their names, you'll never encounter the yellow name issue. All IDs will be green. Even though this will mean having to remember which ID belongs to which player (if you're whispering multiple people) it's still a better alternative to having to manually type each player's name every time.

A /r command would be good, but what if someone whispers you when you're in the middle of typing the reply? Would the reply then target that player instead?

Rexun
« Last Edit: December 04, 2015, 11:04:21 pm by Rexun »

Epies

• View Profile
« Reply #886 on: September 29, 2015, 09:50:02 pm »
A /r command would be good, but what if someone whispers you when you're in the middle of typing the reply? Would the reply then target that player instead?

Yes.

Rexun

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #887 on: September 29, 2015, 10:01:08 pm »
Wouldn't that be more frustrating though? Player A messages you, and you use /r to start typing a reply. Then whilst you're typing, Player B messages you and the /r command now targets player B, but you were trying to reply to Player A. So now you have to revert to using Player A's name or ID to send the message to them.

And what if you don't notice the whisper from Player B because you're typing, and you accidentally send the whisper to the wrong person? In back and forth conversations (where you'd be most likely to need this /r command) these problems could happen quite a bit.

A solution, if it's possible, could be to have the /r command 'lock' to whichever player last whispered you when you finished typing "/r". So that even if someone else whispers you after that point, your reply would still go to the intended recipient.

Rexun
« Last Edit: December 04, 2015, 11:04:28 pm by Rexun »

#King

• View Profile
« Reply #888 on: September 29, 2015, 11:18:11 pm »
Wouldn't that be more frustrating though?

Nope, it's quicker and easier. If 3 people are whispering you already you wouldnt be doing /r anyways, and on those rare occasions it happens it'ns not that big of a deal, considering how much easier it would be compared to what it is now.

Rexun

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #889 on: September 29, 2015, 11:25:14 pm »
Wouldn't that be more frustrating though?

If 3 people are whispering you already you wouldn't be doing /r anyways

If you only plan to use /r when a single person is messaging you, what's wrong with using that person's ID? It'll never have a yellow ID issue, you'll only need to use F6 once (then use the up/down arrow keys to re-message them) and you will only have a single ID to remember. And as I said, if more than one person is messaging you, then without the ability to 'lock' onto a specific person, the /r command could lead to messages getting sent to the wrong person.

Rexun
« Last Edit: December 04, 2015, 11:04:51 pm by Rexun »

Epies

• View Profile
« Reply #890 on: September 30, 2015, 03:40:56 pm »
The idea is that when you have /r or typed, then press down arrow it cycles through the names of all the people that have whispered to you, like in World of Warcraft

Rexun

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #891 on: September 30, 2015, 04:46:13 pm »
Ahh I see! You might not even need to type /r at all then. How about this:

Once you press T...
  • The up/down arrow keys cycle through your previously sent messages and whispers as normal.
  • The left/right arrow keys cycle through the most recent players to have whispered you and auto-fills their player names as a /w command for fast replies.

However, there's still potential for issues. If you're cycling through player names, there's a chance for the yellow name issue to occur. But if you cycle through IDs, you wont know which ID matches which person. If there's a way to have IDs also display the corresponding player names, yet still function as IDs, that should be a good fix.

Rexun
« Last Edit: December 04, 2015, 11:04:58 pm by Rexun »

Omega-BLK

• View Profile
« Reply #892 on: October 02, 2015, 03:51:58 pm »
Im not one to cry wolf on hackers, but there are some worrying developments in the server. Lately I have been encountering a rising number of players i simply can not kill irrespective of method used.

I first encountered this while flying a Bering, I have a hit rate of 90% on anything I line up, I always drop 4 bombs at a time at low altitude which always results in death. Lately there are players who simply dont die, I know what lag is in the Bering and this is not it. Bullseye drops that dont end in death time and time again. Something is going on there.

Then came my experience in the docks where I am certain my rockets landed on the enemy and they just did not die. No matter how many rockets landed they kept fighting on. In particular, a user called Medved who keeps changing his name regularly and his buddy Kainfrace. I consistently encounter these two or one of them in the docks regularly. Yesterday, Me, Frank, Pink, Daniel, Satan, Cobra were at the oil rig fighting this Medved player, one of us was able to kill him but he respawned where he died, twice he did this to which there are multiple witnesses. Icing on the cake, he starts swimming and I come at him with a Topachula and he doesnt die. I have witnesses to this aswell. Instead he swims away like my Topachula is firing imaginary rockets.

I belive Epies and King have also encountered similar issues with this specific user. Him aside, the number of players utilizing similar abilities seems to be on the rise.

Another phenomenon I encountered today was seeing a player rocketgrapple at about 400kmh towards the desert mountain at 1km altitude. I was in the city when i saw this from my k22, it seemed as if his rocketgraple was hooked to the mountain all the way from the city. First time ever I have seen this.

In closing I am not asking for anyone to be banned or investigated. Just that these exploits be totally negated sometime in the near future. These glitches are getting crazier by the day.

[email protected]

• View Profile
« Reply #893 on: October 03, 2015, 12:00:21 pm »
 :o :-*
« Last Edit: October 03, 2015, 12:09:39 pm by [email protected] »

harisalipk

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #894 on: October 03, 2015, 04:32:22 pm »
Omega-BLK:

I was at the oil rig too and saw what was happening. I checked and no one was "hacking" there. The said person has been killed several times before and after this event by other players. They did use the respawn at death bug, for which I have punished them.

Player's not dying is a complicated issue, it could be anything from lag, desync, cheats or bugs/glitches. So it's best to report specific players that you can't kill to me by pm or whisper.

Another phenomenon I encountered today was seeing a player rocketgrapple at about 400kmh towards the desert mountain at 1km altitude. I was in the city when i saw this from my k22, it seemed as if his rocketgraple was hooked to the mountain all the way from the city. First time ever I have seen this.

This is something I have to see to believe lol

Omega-BLK

• View Profile
« Reply #895 on: October 07, 2015, 06:09:16 pm »
I have fraps installed now, I will get you that evidence.

Awesome treasure hunt you hosted today btw, look forward to more.

Scorchmark

• View Profile
« Reply #896 on: October 12, 2015, 02:39:09 am »
I am having a problem with a player who do I talk to about multiple exploit uses ?
I was raided 1 door the other 5 and the beds and all where unmounted or moved and a locked was opened and not unlocked  missing many things but the doors where shut and the turret that killed him did so many times....

harisalipk

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #897 on: October 12, 2015, 04:16:42 am »
You can send me a message here with the details: https://www.jc-mp.com/forums/index.php?action=pm;sa=send;u=192481

Omega-BLK

• View Profile
« Reply #898 on: October 13, 2015, 10:55:26 am »
Evacs are very glitchy, a suggestion to get them working properly could be to change how they work entirely. Instead of it traveling manually to its destination maybe it could teleport all players grappled to it, these players would then appear 1km above their destination, anyone below the arrival point would hear a message alerting them to the arrival of an evac. Thoughts?

harisalipk

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #899 on: October 13, 2015, 05:11:42 pm »
How about opening a portal? That would also be cool.