Currently the developers are putting their own money into JC2-MP to keep the servers online.

Please take a few seconds of your time and disable your AdBlock plugin for our website.

Ad revenue is not going to developers, it is used purely for covering our hosting costs.

You are also free to donate, which removes all ads from our website!

Patch 0.3 was just released! Full changelog here: https://t.co/4A50m6IKen

2 years ago

Advertisement
July 19, 2019, 05:40:07 am

Author Topic: Factions  (Read 2459 times)

Darwood37

• Donator
    • View Profile
Factions
« on: May 10, 2014, 02:25:26 am »
I have been working on my own revamp of AWG_Factions that i just call Factions, i think it includes some neat features.

Faction headquarters. Select one of the military bases in Panau as your faction HQ, the vehicles that are spawned in the base belong to your faction. I think i use a 256 meter  radius from the center of the base to set the vehicles owned by the faction.
Your faction color can be changed, just like the AWG Factions but now all your vehicles will change to the color of your faction.

My latest addition being VBIED, Vehicle Borne Improvised Explosive Device or booby traps. If you belong to a faction you can purchase a VBIED and set it on the vehicle you are driving if you exit the vehicle and someone other than a member of your faction tries to operate it, BOOM. Actually it is a bit more than just BOOM, some visuals, sounds and rewards for blowing up a player. I must add that it needs two people to see it in action, one a faction member and the other not.

I currently have my test server running it jc-mp.gaveroid.com:7774 stop by take a look and then let me know what you think. press F5 and select factions for help. Please note my test server does not run 24/7, cheers.

UPDATE:
My new factions script has been tested for a week and seems good to go. It is running on my main server now. jc-mp.gaveroid.com:7777, stop by let me know what you think.

I have also added two new Radar type features that work with the minimap. The command radar shows you the nearest faction vehicle and faction member on the minimap with distance in meters. vehicles shows you the faction vehicles on the minimap along with their status, status can be; away from HQ, occupied or VBIED set. I have included some cool radar type animations and sound to help with the experience.

Unfortunately my time with jc-mp is becoming very limited due to the summer approaching.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2014, 06:45:13 pm by Darwood37 »

Sephiroth

• View Profile
Re: Factions
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2014, 05:47:22 pm »
Sounds really good!

Though when I went to find your server, I was unable to locate it anywhere?
Is it 24/7 or not?

Also, are you planning to release this script?
-If your server is not up, it'd be a shame to waste such a thing-

This could also be my inability to do basic functions like finding servers though..

Darwood37

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2014, 12:57:11 am »
Though when I went to find your server, I was unable to locate it anywhere?
Is it 24/7 or not?

It is 24/7. Search for Gaveroid in the server browser. jc-mp.gaveroid.com:7777

SneakBug8

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2015, 10:19:54 pm »
Can you publish it?