Currently the developers are putting their own money into JC2-MP to keep the servers online.

Please take a few seconds of your time and disable your AdBlock plugin for our website.

Ad revenue is not going to developers, it is used purely for covering our hosting costs.

You are also free to donate, which removes all ads from our website!

Patch 0.3 was just released! Full changelog here: https://t.co/4A50m6IKen

2 years ago

Advertisement
September 20, 2019, 10:54:04 pm

Author Topic: Hang Glider  (Read 3269 times)

Darwood37

• Donator
    • View Profile
Hang Glider
« on: July 20, 2014, 07:22:54 am »
Been working on a Parachute addition to my buy menu and got side tracked with this hang glider.

jc-mp.gaveroid.com

« Last Edit: July 21, 2014, 04:44:25 am by Darwood37 »

misterff1

• Donator
    • View Profile
Re: Hang Glider
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2014, 09:16:10 am »
Looks cool mate :) i'll try it out some time

123samson456

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2014, 10:14:16 am »
That looks cool indeed.
How did you do that?
Could you give me a little scripting example?
Thanks in advance

misterff1

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2014, 12:52:35 pm »
Well it's in the release section, so i assume that the code will be released at some point?

SubZer0

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2014, 01:52:12 pm »
I'd be interested in the animation. Does the character pull the glider out, like a parachute, or does it simply appear?

Darwood37

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2014, 07:47:21 pm »
I'd be interested in the animation. Does the character pull the glider out, like a parachute, or does it simply appear?
It just appears, i cannot find anything, yet, that would work for that type of animation.

JasonMRC

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2014, 08:20:59 pm »
Could have them created relative to the spine position and angle and then move towards their final position, then after a timer finishes they stick to that location. Might be more work than it's worth though.

Very cool looking idea, Darwood. Those are Leo wings, right?

Darwood37

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2014, 08:39:02 pm »
Could have them created relative to the spine position and angle and then move towards their final position, then after a timer finishes they stick to that location. Might be more work than it's worth though.

Very cool looking idea, Darwood. Those are Leo wings, right?

To much to think about for my tiny brain to handle. Maybe i could just fade them in!

I think they are from the Leopard, Found under FighterJet.

Got another one added:
« Last Edit: July 21, 2014, 04:26:24 am by Darwood37 »

123samson456

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2014, 08:53:18 pm »
haha nice work.
Did you already think about releasing that? Im pretty sure that would be cool on freeroam servers.

Darwood37

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2014, 09:06:20 pm »
haha nice work.
Did you already think about releasing that? Im pretty sure that would be cool on freeroam servers.

Cheers. Soon.

Does anyone know why These two (hang glider and umbrella) are synced and can be seen by all players yet the Hot air balloon and NPC chute cannot?

misterff1

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2014, 10:01:11 pm »
haha nice work.

Cheers. Soon.

Does anyone know why These two (hang glider and umbrella) are synced and can be seen by all players yet the Hot air balloon and NPC chute cannot?

Well i dont know about the chute, but the airballoon might be invisible to others because it is a very special object. Once you shoot the normal model it is gone for a frame. Probably some weird coding stuff from the singleplayer.

Darwood37

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2014, 12:06:11 am »
Well i dont know about the chute, but the airballoon might be invisible to others because it is a very special object. Once you shoot the normal model it is gone for a frame. Probably some weird coding stuff from the singleplayer.

I can now see all the objects synced, before they did not show, now they do after I reconnected to my server. It freaked me out when i saw the Balloon fly bye and then the hang glider.

misterff1

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2014, 12:31:43 am »

I can now see all the objects synced, before they did not show, now they do after I reconnected to my server. It freaked me out when i saw the Balloon fly bye and then the hang glider.

I can imagine :)
Still odd though. Wonder why that happened.

Darwood37

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 23, 2014, 02:05:52 pm »
I can imagine :)
Still odd though. Wonder why that happened.

It was an error on my part. I re-coded the way i incorporated it in to the buy menu. They are now all synced perfectly.