Currently the developers are putting their own money into JC2-MP to keep the servers online.

Please take a few seconds of your time and disable your AdBlock plugin for our website.

Ad revenue is not going to developers, it is used purely for covering our hosting costs.

You are also free to donate, which removes all ads from our website!

Patch 0.3 was just released! Full changelog here: https://t.co/4A50m6IKen

3 years ago

Advertisement
September 28, 2020, 11:49:35 am

Author Topic: Animation/Action Issues  (Read 1219 times)

tally

• View Profile
Animation/Action Issues
« on: September 08, 2015, 11:40:00 pm »
Hi,

I'm looking for a way to allow an animation to play without the actual effect occuring; in this case, grappling while skydiving. I've already tried to return false after 1/4 of a second on Action.FireGrapple, but once it's fired it can't be returned.

Any help would be really useful as it's to make grappling whilst wingsuiting!

(Query on the side, anyone found a static object or rendering to use as wings/wingsuit?)

Thanks

Dev_34

• View Profile
Re: Animation/Action Issues
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2015, 01:15:24 am »
Can't you return false on Action.FireGrapple then simulate the action by doing something like LocalPlayer:SetLeftArmState(410)? I think you could make it work with the new LocalPlayer:SetLinearVelocity() addition.

tally

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2015, 11:18:58 am »
I'm able to speed up the player, the only issue is that they need to remain in the skydiving state else it'll look weird, does the leftarmstate and upperbodystate work seperately to basestate? I assumed it was merely a subset... EDIT: 90% certain it is Not to worry I'm a moron. Getting it smooth is the issue now!

EDIT: Doesn't do anything. Also, new issue; how do I stop water being seen as an obstacle in a raycast? I've tried to use getaimtarget but of course both water and air are staticobjects so that makes it worse... Is there a set staticobject for water and air? Cheers Lord :)
« Last Edit: September 09, 2015, 06:14:02 pm by tally »

LordNoob

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2015, 04:38:32 pm »
Air is not a staticobject, water is though. You could, since all water is the same height in this game (I'm not kidding, it's just one sheet of water with terrain on top), check for a specific raycast termination at the altitude that all water is. I don't have this number off the top of my head, but if you found out, you could simply move down a bit and continue your raycast (I believe that only water surface is a solid object to raycast, not sure though)