Currently the developers are putting their own money into JC2-MP to keep the servers online.

Please take a few seconds of your time and disable your AdBlock plugin for our website.

Ad revenue is not going to developers, it is used purely for covering our hosting costs.

You are also free to donate, which removes all ads from our website!

RT @NOdab88: Just Cause Pro Skater 2... has it been 3 years already? #THPS #JustCause @tonyhawk @justcause @PlayStation @jc2mpdev https://t…

5 months ago

March 25, 2017, 12:30:09 pm

Author Topic: 0.2 Public Beta Patch  (Read 5501 times)

Trix

• Developer
    • View Profile
0.2 Public Beta Patch
« on: September 15, 2015, 07:09:43 pm »
Thanks for all the testing so far!
We've been steadily collecting bug reports, and are pleased to present this new build, which fixes some of the bigger issues and adds some requested features. We'll be fixing the smaller issues that have popped up - but don't worry, the final release isn't too far away.

We have updated the publicbeta branch with following changes:

New Features

Shared
  • Added ComponentMultiply method to Vector2 and Vector3

Client
  • Added VehicleTransmission, with methods Get/SetGear, Get/SetClutchDelayTime and more
  • Added VehicleSuspension, with methods Get/SetChassisDirection, Get/SetStrength and more
  • Added VehicleAerodynamics for land vehicles, with methods Get/SetAirDensity, Get/SetDragCoefficient and more
  • Added Vehicle:GetTransmission, Vehicle:GetSuspension and Vehicle:GetAerodynamics
  • Added Vehicle:GetTorque, Vehicle:GetWheelCount, Vehicle:GetRPM, Vehicle:GetMaxRPM and Vehicle:GetTopSpeed
  • Added chat key and chat toggle key settings

Bug Fixes

Shared
  • Fixed StuntPos and MG sync states incorrectly setting Character position resulting in crazy vehicle physics and desync

Server
  • Cleaned up streamer code, hopefully reducing amount of server crashes

Client
  • Fixed crash caused by accessing Character methods before it is loaded
  • Hopefully fixed issue with Rico model being invisible
  • PostRender now renders over everything, replicating previous behaviour
  • Fixed the sound pop issue on Windows 10, courtesy of emoose from ElDewrito
  • ReturnPressed event of a TextBox is now triggered on key down, instead of key up
  • Disabled Tab behaviour of the Enter key in TextBox as it appears to move to the next control in the entire scene
  • Removed palaver, as its implementation burden outweighed the value it provided
  • Temporarily disabled SSAO as a hotfix for AMD graphics issues

SubZer0

• View Profile
Re: 0.2 Public Beta Patch
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2015, 08:55:25 pm »
RIP palaver  :'(

LordNoob

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2015, 10:19:13 pm »
Has compression gone too far?

ZeMantras

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2015, 09:56:22 pm »
 8) 8) wingsuit is total awesomeness! thnk you guys
u been messing too with hit detection? idonno but sniper feels allot better now :)

hydraulics script seems fun too, but maybe could be set up for another key?
it has activated sometimes by itself wen i push the handbrake (X)
just a tough

goodjob 

NiKMic

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2015, 10:08:05 pm »
Hi. Are achievements active yet? I just got 100% on JC2 SP and I wanna start on the MP achievements.

Jman100

• JC2-MP Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2015, 10:43:49 pm »
Hi. Are achievements active yet? I just got 100% on JC2 SP and I wanna start on the MP achievements.

Yes, when the publicbeta branch is used achievements are active. They are not currently on the main branch until full release.

NiKMic

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2015, 12:36:31 am »

Yes, when the publicbeta branch is used achievements are active. They are not currently on the main branch until full release.

Thanks.

Is the 1 month achievement still going to be active? Sounds like one for the idlers rather than the hardcore players.

dab88

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2015, 05:53:11 pm »

Thanks.

Is the 1 month achievement still going to be active? Sounds like one for the idlers rather than the hardcore players.
Think I'm not far off and all my gametime is active :D Anything is possible (within reason)

Jman100

• JC2-MP Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2015, 08:18:01 pm »

Thanks.

Yes it will be and is active. If your steam profile is set to public the game will also count previous hours in the mod, not just ones from here on out.

JohnTony

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2015, 02:35:11 pm »
How do I get the link to download the patch?

mor323

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2015, 03:10:53 pm »
How do I get the link to download the patch?

Right-click JC2:MP in your Steam library and select properties, change to the 'BETAS' tab and in the drop down menu select 'publicbeta ...', Steam will download a small update. Then just enter JC2:MP and it will use the 2.0 beta version.

To switch back to normal version, select the 'NONE ...' option in the same drop down menu I described above

misterff1

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2015, 08:58:05 am »
If there will be another patch before release, can there be an option to have the old chat bar to type in? This new one clutters the screen while the old one looked really clean. I love this new patch, but that one thing is seriously annoying to me

Edit: I also saw these settings:
Added a setting to toggle vehicle camera snap and adjust timeout
Added a setting to toggle vehicle stunt camera

and I was wondering if these can also be added as functions we can change (like SetVehicleSnap())?
« Last Edit: October 02, 2015, 09:09:43 am by misterff1 »