Currently the developers are putting their own money into JC2-MP to keep the servers online.

Please take a few seconds of your time and disable your AdBlock plugin for our website.

Ad revenue is not going to developers, it is used purely for covering our hosting costs.

You are also free to donate, which removes all ads from our website!

RT @NOdab88: Just Cause Pro Skater 2... has it been 3 years already? #THPS #JustCause @tonyhawk @justcause @PlayStation @jc2mpdev https://t…

4 months ago

February 19, 2017, 10:00:56 pm

Author Topic: ClientActor Issues  (Read 466 times)

Lord_Farquaad

• View Profile
ClientActor Issues
« on: September 17, 2015, 03:52:14 am »
I've been working with ClientActors recently, but have run into a few problems.  The main issue is that I can't get them to reload, and I've tried a bunch of things.  Setting their input, animations, etc does nothing (animations work though).  I then thought that I could just give them their weapon again with a full clip, but giving them the same weapon doesn't seem to do anything, and same with giving them a different weapon and then the same one.  When giving them the weapon, if I set the clip to a large number, they will only shoot a maximum of 7 bullets before stopping, so that didn't work either.  I also thought that I could clear their inventory like you can do for players, but realized that that was server-side only, so now I'm stuck.

Overview: ClientActors run out of bullets in their clips, and can't reload.  Tried different things.

Trix

• Developer
    • View Profile
Re: ClientActor Issues
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2015, 06:23:37 am »
This was an issue we discovered internally. I suspect it is because of how we override the animation system with our own states; the reload sequence gets stuck on the first stage and doesn't transition. I fixed this with a hack, but i'm not happy with it. I'll revisit it and prepare a patch soon.

Lord_Farquaad

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2015, 05:11:38 pm »
Awesome.  Thanks for looking into this. :)

ras_bg

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2017, 12:57:57 pm »
Hi I am also interested in manipulation of ClientActor.
I tried to give him a weapon without success.
How can I start an animation? For example
how to implement a walking actor?