Currently the developers are putting their own money into JC2-MP to keep the servers online.

Please take a few seconds of your time and disable your AdBlock plugin for our website.

Ad revenue is not going to developers, it is used purely for covering our hosting costs.

You are also free to donate, which removes all ads from our website!

RT @NOdab88: Just Cause Pro Skater 2... has it been 3 years already? #THPS #JustCause @tonyhawk @justcause @PlayStation @jc2mpdev https://t…

5 months ago

March 24, 2017, 08:58:50 am

Author Topic: Fallen Civilization (Survival)  (Read 11481 times)

Dev_34

• View Profile
Fallen Civilization (Survival)
« on: November 28, 2015, 11:45:51 pm »
Hi JC-MP community,
I'd like to inform everyone that the the public beta testing period for the Fallen Civilization survival server will begin on December 1, 2015.

The Team
The server was largely created over a five month period by Dev_34 and Lord_Farquaad, with help from __init__
Our team is 4 people just like you:
Lord_Farquaad: He's been around since the initial jc-mp beta tests, even created JC2 mods before that; enjoys flying boats in his spare time.
 __init__: A robot hacker and programmer that loves developing both cool and whacky scripts for jc-mp.
Dev_34: Avid scripter having roots in jaxm's Battle For Panau server; loves to blow people up with a Panau Rocket Launcher
Misterff1: Casual coder known from the Freeroam Fun Server. He’s been around since the JC-MP Beta days and loves socializing with other players the most.

Alpha Stage Helpers: Ice Cream Man, {c4}Cobra, Dampe, TheStuffJunky, Bliss, prepchef, Thee Doctor

The Server
Approximately 22,000 lines of code that work together to create:

Influence Points System / Experience

- an experience-based level system that allows players to upgrade their character and unlock other powerful features
- players can accumulate experience from killing, completing server achievements, and more

Loot / Inventory / Storage System

- over 11,000 lootboxes hand-placed around Panau
- 3 tiers of lootboxes
- 5 tiers of loot items represented by different colors
- 6 categories of items
- entirely visual, all items have a corresponding picture
- players can place storages to place their items in

Cursed Areas

- dangerous areas in Panau where flying cars, a multitude of traps, NPC snipers, meteors(to be added), and scary lights offer players a risk/reward situation (these areas are stacked with loot)
- alternating areas in Panau become "cursed"

Factions

- a factions script adapted for survival gameplay
- players can create faction bases anywhere and upgrade their factions in multiple ways
- faction leaders can buy and place faction guards(NPCs/ClientActors), and a variety of deadly turrets to protect their base; they can also configure their guards and turrets to several modes of aggression

Crafting

- an easy to use, level-based, crafting system that allows players to create special items from raw materials

Trading / Exchange

- state-of-the-art "safe-zones" where players can safely trade items from their inventories
- players also have access to crafting tables in these zones

Pets

- powerful companions that the player can unlock at a certain level after crafting a certain item and finding a certain hidden area
- players are given a red or blue pet based on their personality value
- personality values are calculated by your actions while in the server(but how exactly? we won't tell you  ;))

Vehicles

- a robust vehicle system that allows players to own and transfer vehicles

Stamina

- the classic stamina limitation that affects sprinting, kicks(combat attack), and movement in general
- stamina is represented by the 'rainbow man' and can be upgraded with influence points

Miscellaneous
- a supported currency system called 'credits', used in many aspects of the server
- a 'friends' module that allows players to work cooperatively, e.g. use each other's vehicles
- custom server achievements that track player progress and offer rewards

Upcoming Events
- Release - January 6, 2016

We'd like to thank everyone that's supported our efforts over the last five months as we head into beta and then release.
Due to our inability to test our scripts extensively in a real jc-mp setting with lots of players, we've dedicated the next month to finding bugs, completion of several more scripts, and taking community input to shape the server.

We will also be giving [Beta] nametags to all players who participate at any point during the beta period, as our way of saying thanks.

Beta Notes
- the durability system for items is not stable enough yet, and will most likely be worked into the server during the second week of beta. this means weapons, grapplehooks, parachutes and other utilities will have infinite usage - enjoy it while it lasts
- a complete wipe of our databases will most likely occur in the transition between beta and release
- the beta tests will be used to assess gameplay balance, so please do not expect a balanced experience during the tests

You can join our steam group for more up-to-date information and to more easily contact us:
Fallen Civilization Steam Group

Server IP: 204.44.116.236:7777
« Last Edit: August 11, 2016, 05:25:12 am by Dev_34 »

Lord_Farquaad

• View Profile
Re: Fallen Civilization (Survival)
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2015, 11:46:23 pm »

uksnipperman

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2015, 12:03:37 am »
Amazing server and amazing people :D
I will always love this server :D
Good Job the Fallen Civillization development team

__init__

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2015, 12:19:46 am »
(Note: the following is a test output from beta module "forum_interaction_bug_report.so". If there are any bugs or issues with this post, please PM this account, and your concerns will be reviewed by the creator of this module.)

I'm having trouble initializing myself while reading this post or connecting to the server:

Code: [Select]

BEGIN CRASH DUMP

FATAL ERROR WHILE BOOTING __init__ BOT IN KERNEL MODULE SERV_AWESOMENESS_ANALYSIS.so:
ERR_SERVER_TOO_AWESOME (0x5)

Errobj.DESC = "The server appears to be too awesome for the bot to process correctly. Please update the bot to handle this situation."

Errobj.DEBUGDESC = "This error occurs when the server analysis kernel driver detects an overflow while computing the unsigned int64 value of the total awesomeness of a server."

DISASSEMBLY OF FAULT LOCATION:

0x00000000`5925AC4C: ADD RAX, RBX                                             (48 01 D8)
0x00000000`5925AC4F: JNC POST_OVERFLOW_CHECK                                  (73 50)
0x00000000`5925AC51: MOV EDI, OFFSET AWESOMENESS_OVERFLOW_VTABLE              (48 BF 61 F3 25 59)
0x00000000`5925AC57: CALL REPORT_FAULT     << FAULT LOCATION                  (E8 83 FA FF FF)

REGISTERS AT 0x00000000`5925AC57 (SERV_AWESOMENESS_ANALYSIS.so):
 rip:000000005925AC57 rsp:000000000233de20 rbp:000002541bba1b60 eflags: CARRY, ADJUST, SIGN, OVERFLOW
 rax:FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF rbx:FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF rcx:000002541b3fe670 rdx:000000000065a208
 rsi:0000000000000000 rdi:000000000233e120 r8:0000000000000001 r9:0000000000000003 r10:0000000000000008
 r11:000000000065a480 r12:00000000027a1cc8 r13:00000046520ec7e7 r14:000000003064d3a0 r15:000000000233f700

END CRASH DUMP

`HLT` INSTRUCTION RECEIVED IN EXCEPTION HANDLER, HALTING.

I am a bot. You can contact my creator by PMing this account.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2015, 01:14:00 am by __init__ »

tally

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2015, 12:24:46 am »

Jman100

• JC2-MP Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2015, 12:40:52 am »
Neat, look forward to trying it out.

jaxm

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2015, 05:41:12 am »
I've had a chance to take a sneak peak at Fallen Civilization and can honestly say these guys have done a great job creating a unique experience. Very cool indeed! Good job guys and best of luck :D

Ice_Cream_Man

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2015, 01:09:50 am »
YUS
YUS
YUS

The wait is coming to an end  ;D

Frakker78

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2015, 06:58:24 am »
Heya, Stuffy / Junky here.  I am glad I could help.  There is a lot of loot to be found and new wonders to be had in Fallen Civilization.  I will do my best to help even further.  Just remember as Ben Franklin said: "He who sacrifices freedom for security deserves neither."

Enjoy Panau and all the stray bullets that may come your way.

dab88

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2015, 06:05:04 pm »
Looks like I'll have something to play on Dec 1st after all :D

adam1305_

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2015, 07:31:50 pm »
Good luck, Dev ;). I hope the Beta goes well for you! :D

Also, I'm excited to play for the first time and see what the server has to offer! *wink*

Encharger

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2015, 03:15:24 pm »
I tried it out and that server is so awesome, have a lot of fun ^^ keep it up guys :D
and good job

Frakker78

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 23, 2015, 03:15:48 am »
StuffJunky here.  I figure I mention that there is now 400 vehicles: *most heli pads have a heli (except most dual or quad pads), and most water gas stations have a boat, and a myriad of vehicles elsewhere.  Further, there is currently 13,500 hand-placed loot.  The regular spawn points have loot at surrounding villages / bases, etc.  There, we hope, will be 20,000+ loot by release on January 1st, 2016.
Admins are working very hard on making new crafting items, claimable property, build items, etc.
So, do not hesitate to pop in Fallen Civilization and get a feel how it works.
See you all on January 1st, 2016.

Lord_Farquaad

• View Profile
Fallen Civilization - Survival
« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2016, 02:23:43 am »
Release Update
Tons of new features, reworks, optimizations, and more.  What could be better?

The server will officially release on Jan 6, 2016, which is currently tomorrow. We'd like to thank the 1,070 people that participated over the two-week beta-testing period and hope to welcome many new players in the weeks to come. We've made many game-play tweaks that we believe constitute a ready server.

Here's a video showcasing the new additions with this update.  Keep in mind that this does not showcase all features of the server, just some added with the update.

Update Video Here

Along with all that was presented in the video, we have more features listed in our changelog.  Some of the more notable features on this list include more additions to vehicles (such as gas and traps), complete rework of the cursed system that involves the long-awaited meteors addition, and the complete inventory layout overhaul, which can be seen in the video.

We'd also like to welcome the newest addition to our core admin team, Misterff1!

Please note that the server will be down from now until the update is deployed tomorrow.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2016, 03:45:38 am by Lord_Farquaad »

__init__

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 06, 2016, 02:24:28 am »