Currently the developers are putting their own money into JC2-MP to keep the servers online.

Please take a few seconds of your time and disable your AdBlock plugin for our website.

Ad revenue is not going to developers, it is used purely for covering our hosting costs.

You are also free to donate, which removes all ads from our website!

Patch 0.3 was just released! Full changelog here: https://t.co/4A50m6IKen

7 months ago

December 12, 2017, 04:43:16 pm

Author Topic: JC2 in multiplayer questions  (Read 1030 times)

FearBomber

• View Profile
JC2 in multiplayer questions
« on: February 24, 2017, 01:12:19 pm »
hey, i got some questions...

- if i would buy the DLCs for JC2, is it possible to get them available on my multiplayer server also? (i would buy also be the server owner)
- how do i enable (if needed) the DLCs for other players? (so that players with but also without DLC can join my server)
- what do other players need to use them?
- (any other informations which i forgot to ask)

im asking because of https://www.jc-mp.com/forums/index.php/topic,1130.msg9553.html post #2
AND because of this
https://wiki.jc-mp.com/Frequently_Asked_Questions#How_do_servers_handle_DLC.3F
(the DLC part)

thanks in advance for your answers :-)
« Last Edit: February 24, 2017, 04:03:24 pm by FearBomber »

adam1305_

• View Profile
Re: JC2 in multiplayer questions
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2017, 08:52:26 pm »
That topic was posted a while ago.

You can use any DLC you buy on any server (except some that make it only available to donators cough)
Anyone can join your server regardless of DLC
Only people who own the DLC can use it on any server.

Basically, DLC does not require anything of the server. If you own a certain DLC you can use it and see other people using it. If you don't, you can't use it or see anyone else using it (vehicles aren't visible and weapons have no affect on you)

Hopefully this makes sense lol

FearBomber

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2017, 09:10:28 pm »
how (and where) do i enable the DLCs for my server so player (like donator only or everyone) can use them?

Urik

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2017, 09:50:03 pm »
Assuming you run a freeroam server, buymenu is generally used for spawning vehicles.
This release of buymenu might be what you need ( I don't really remember if the original one from default package has DLC items ).
There's a dedicated "DLC" tab for vehicles and DLC weapons are at the bottom of the list as far as I remember.
If player doesn't have the DLC  in question then nothing would happen for them when they attempt to buy it ( I'm not 100% sure though because I always owned all DLC and that script doesn't seem to have hasvehicleDLC() / hasweaponDLC() check in it ).

Generally, all DLC items would appear invisible and unusable to non-owners of said DLC.

FearBomber

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2017, 01:11:58 pm »
sorry if my question is so stupid, but whats a freeroam server (and what kinds are there also) ?

yes, thats the buymenu i was looking for, i got another (but looks same to this one) but i will take that one

Urik

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2017, 07:13:52 pm »
Freeroam is the "normal" mode when players are all in one world and do what they want to.
Those default scripts all come with the server in "default scripts" folder, if I recall correct.