Currently the developers are putting their own money into JC2-MP to keep the servers online.

Please take a few seconds of your time and disable your AdBlock plugin for our website.

Ad revenue is not going to developers, it is used purely for covering our hosting costs.

You are also free to donate, which removes all ads from our website!

Patch 0.3 was just released! Full changelog here: https://t.co/4A50m6IKen

3 years ago

Advertisement
May 29, 2020, 08:57:20 am

Author Topic: Fallen Civilization (Survival)  (Read 34090 times)

Dev_34

• View Profile
Re: Fallen Civilization (Survival)
« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2016, 02:24:35 am »

misterff1

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 06, 2016, 02:28:22 am »

SinisterRectus

• JC2-MP Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 06, 2016, 02:29:19 am »
Special shout-out to dot products. Nice work.

JasonMRC

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 06, 2016, 03:42:58 am »
Impressive array of features. Keep up the good work. 8)

HurricaneGirl

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 10, 2016, 09:22:39 pm »
Loving the things I have seen so far!

Will Land claiming come back eventually or is it a permanent change?

Thanks!

Dev_34

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 10, 2016, 10:55:27 pm »
Loving the things I have seen so far!

Will Land claiming come back eventually or is it a permanent change?

Thanks!

Thanks, we're liking the build system currently without players having to claim land. Our initial fear was that players would spawn things like crazy everywhere, but we've noticed that our crafting system makes sure that players won't waste their build materials  :)

Epies

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 11, 2016, 07:11:59 am »
Great work on the server. Had a good time playing so far. Looking forward to what the future brings to Fallen Civilization.

Also I made a video guide on how to obtain the Companion Key reward: video link

Suggestion to nerf or change meteors. It's supposed to be challenging but it's so challenging now to the point it's just silly to even try and loot cursed areas. With 100+ ping it's impossible to loot more than one single box before being blasted away by 3 meteors. They also go through walls so there's no safe place anywhere to heal up or do anything.

Also keep overload dropping 1 item every time I log in but it does not appear on the ground.

Make loot boxes Hold E to open. Let go of E = close loot window.

Make it so you're able to use the UI without losing control of character. For example E on loot boxes disables walking, crafting menu etc etc.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2016, 12:14:03 pm by Epies »

Dev_34

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 12, 2016, 03:46:50 am »
Great work on the server. Had a good time playing so far. Looking forward to what the future brings to Fallen Civilization.
Thanks  :)

Suggestion to nerf or change meteors. It's supposed to be challenging but it's so challenging now to the point it's just silly to even try and loot cursed areas. With 100+ ping it's impossible to loot more than one single box before being blasted away by 3 meteors. They also go through walls so there's no safe place anywhere to heal up or do anything.
We agree that nerfing the meteors slightly is a good idea. I've almost doubled the respawn time, decreased their damage, increased their angle randomization by roughly 15% when targetting players making it less accurate, and slowed them down a bit. Sometimes they would go through walls because of a raycast delay that I implemented to improve client performance, however, I've decreased the delay and meteors should now be blocked by almost any surface given it has some thickness to it(you can now stand safely in PIA's hangar). I will most certainly nerf meteors even further once we add our zombie script to cursed zones.

Make loot boxes Hold E to open. Let go of E = close loot window.

Make it so you're able to use the UI without losing control of character. For example E on loot boxes disables walking, crafting menu etc etc.

We like our current system where you can move the character in any direction and it will close the loot screen, this means you just have to tap "E" once to open a box and can walk away when you're done.

Thanks for your feedback!
« Last Edit: January 12, 2016, 03:54:56 am by Dev_34 »

[IC-3][CVG]MistNinja

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 12, 2016, 09:16:05 am »
loving every minute of it

tally

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 12, 2016, 09:35:08 am »

You could just disable the firing inputs when the inventory is enabled. I think you only use left/right mouse to do things in the inventory (correct me if I'm wrong).

Nadav

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 15, 2016, 02:52:25 pm »
Why isn't the sever runing?

HurricaneGirl

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 15, 2016, 05:22:14 pm »
Word on the street is that the server is being moved. The new IP will be posted soon, I'm sure.

Frakker78

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 15, 2016, 05:45:07 pm »
StuffJunky here.  Correct.  Dev_34 informed me that the server is being relocated.  Why and where, I do not know.  Should be available later today, but when, that I do not know either.

Dev_34

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 16, 2016, 01:47:13 am »
Why isn't the sever runing?

Sorry for the confusion today guys. We switched hosts today which caused a lot of chaos.

Make sure to favorite us on our new IP address!

HurricaneGirl

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 17, 2016, 09:11:08 am »
What is the benefit of marking your faction area? Does the big red circle do anything specific?