Currently the developers are putting their own money into JC2-MP to keep the servers online.

Please take a few seconds of your time and disable your AdBlock plugin for our website.

Ad revenue is not going to developers, it is used purely for covering our hosting costs.

You are also free to donate, which removes all ads from our website!

RT @NOdab88: Just Cause Pro Skater 2... has it been 3 years already? #THPS #JustCause @tonyhawk @justcause @PlayStation @jc2mpdev https://t…

5 months ago

March 25, 2017, 12:35:18 pm

Author Topic: Fallen Civilization (Survival)  (Read 11500 times)

Encharger

• View Profile
Re: Fallen Civilization (Survival)
« Reply #75 on: April 02, 2016, 01:13:24 am »
it was a really awesome server with a lot of content and own ideas. i really liked it. its sad to see that fc is closing :(.

Anyways
I hope u guys have more success with the Unity engine :)
good luck and never stop Coding
HandsomeBanana

misterff1

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: April 02, 2016, 06:56:10 am »
Stop coding? I don't think anyone here will mate :)

Epies

• View Profile
« Reply #77 on: April 03, 2016, 08:34:22 pm »

Dev_34

• View Profile
« Reply #78 on: April 04, 2016, 03:17:53 am »
Thanks for all the kind words everyone.

Since I've noticed there seems to be a lot of interest in the release of FC's source, I'd like to address this and vaguely lay out our plan over the next few weeks regarding this process.

It's looking like we'll be releasing the scripts that are running on the server right now first, in one big bundle, sometime in the next two weeks as we shut down.

As many know, we still have a ton of mostly finished content that hasn't made it on the server yet, like submarines/other underwater features, spaceships, paratrooper NPCs, planets/space, 'blockworld', a long quest-line for the Wings of Legend item, and other cool items.

The latest stuff is pretty solid, and I think it's representative of some of our best work, but we'll need a little extra time to get these ready for a release.
So we'll most likely release these scripts here in a second bundle, but, if for some reason that takes too long, it's possible we might move to individual releases since some of the scripts are of a high enough quality.

Multiple people have made inquiries as to if the current database will be made public.
We currently don't have plans to release the database.

Reaganator

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: April 23, 2016, 12:13:52 am »
Thanks for all the kind words everyone.

Since I've noticed there seems to be a lot of interest in the release of FC's source, I'd like to address this and vaguely lay out our plan over the next few weeks regarding this process.

It's looking like we'll be releasing the scripts that are running on the server right now first, in one big bundle, sometime in the next two weeks as we shut down.

As many know, we still have a ton of mostly finished content that hasn't made it on the server yet, like submarines/other underwater features, spaceships, paratrooper NPCs, planets/space, 'blockworld', a long quest-line for the Wings of Legend item, and other cool items.

The latest stuff is pretty solid, and I think it's representative of some of our best work, but we'll need a little extra time to get these ready for a release.
So we'll most likely release these scripts here in a second bundle, but, if for some reason that takes too long, it's possible we might move to individual releases since some of the scripts are of a high enough quality.

Multiple people have made inquiries as to if the current database will be made public.
We currently don't have plans to release the database.
Sad to see FC shut down, Thanks for everything!  Please do let us know when the code will be available for download. I for one, am very interested to get it and try to do something with it as a project with my son.

LordNoob

• View Profile
« Reply #80 on: April 23, 2016, 12:22:41 am »

Dev_34

• View Profile
« Reply #81 on: April 23, 2016, 01:44:14 am »
Sad to see FC shut down, Thanks for everything!  Please do let us know when the code will be available for download. I for one, am very interested to get it and try to do something with it as a project with my son.

Have fun, you can contact me if you have any questions  :)

Reaganator

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: April 23, 2016, 04:29:09 am »

Have fun, you can contact me if you have any questions  :)
Thanks Dev!

Dev_34

• View Profile
« Reply #83 on: June 03, 2016, 09:43:15 pm »
Hi all, some of you may have noticed an increase in the old FC team's activity on jc-mp lately.

Lord_Farquaad and I have recently found some time to work on pack #2, so we've been hard at work organizing all our old source code for FC that never ran publicly.

We made it clear that our intentions for pack #2 were subject to change, a decision made because we did not know what kind of reception pack #1 would receive.

The most enthusiastic and promising effort we've seen with the old FC code has certainly been by our buddy Jman100, who is now running Jman100's Survival.
If there's anyone capable of extending the work on pack #1, it's this guy.

In light of this development, the old FC team has decided to hand over pack #2 exclusively to Jman while his server is running.
I've personally seen pack #1 run along-side a fully working physgun, unlimited boost, and a standard buy-menu, which doesn't make any sense to me lol.

While we've gladly released our code for the community in the past, we ask your forgiveness for pack #2 because we want Jman's server to be unique and we have confidence in his ability to construct a coherent server.

Pack #2 is looking to be a promising addition of 10,000 lines of code.
Stay tuned!

Reaganator

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: September 01, 2016, 11:34:33 pm »
Hi all, some of you may have noticed an increase in the old FC team's activity on jc-mp lately.

Lord_Farquaad and I have recently found some time to work on pack #2, so we've been hard at work organizing all our old source code for FC that never ran publicly.

We made it clear that our intentions for pack #2 were subject to change, a decision made because we did not know what kind of reception pack #1 would receive.

The most enthusiastic and promising effort we've seen with the old FC code has certainly been by our buddy Jman100, who is now running Jman100's Survival.
If there's anyone capable of extending the work on pack #1, it's this guy.

In light of this development, the old FC team has decided to hand over pack #2 exclusively to Jman while his server is running.
I've personally seen pack #1 run along-side a fully working physgun, unlimited boost, and a standard buy-menu, which doesn't make any sense to me lol.

While we've gladly released our code for the community in the past, we ask your forgiveness for pack #2 because we want Jman's server to be unique and we have confidence in his ability to construct a coherent server.

Pack #2 is looking to be a promising addition of 10,000 lines of code.
Stay tuned!
This excites me! Can't wait to check it out when it goes live :-)

Lord_Farquaad

• View Profile
« Reply #85 on: January 02, 2017, 07:14:41 pm »
Hi everyone. I know that it's been a while, but we are looking for feedback from your time playing in Fallen Civilization.  If we do make another survival themed gamemode in the future, this feedback will help us improve immensely.

No, Fallen Civilization will not be coming back online with new updates.  This is simply to see how players liked each of the aspects of the server.

Dev_34

• View Profile
« Reply #86 on: January 02, 2017, 07:28:14 pm »

Reaganator

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: January 03, 2017, 12:58:32 am »
Ok, I took the survey.......when do we find out what you are modding next?  ;)

Lord_Farquaad

• View Profile
« Reply #88 on: January 03, 2017, 09:34:10 pm »
Ok, I took the survey.......when do we find out what you are modding next?  ;)

Thanks for your input! It is very appreciated.

Nothing is certain yet, but let's just say that you're probably on the right track with your thinking.  All we have to do is wait.  :P

Starsky

• View Profile
« Reply #89 on: January 07, 2017, 12:39:58 pm »
please tell me the server is online soon we love it ! tell us some news ;)